Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
all the pundits keep talking about if dabo will go to bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,137

all the pundits keep talking about if dabo will go to bama

Jan 13, 2019, 12:48 PM

one day..its simple really he can go to bama and follow in bear and sabans shadow..or he can stay here and be the bear of clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, probably will go to Bama and.........

Jan 13, 2019, 12:53 PM

recruit and get more players like Justyn Ross to come to Clemson.

The thing those people keep overlooking is the fact that

Jan 13, 2019, 12:55 PM

he's been at Clemson for 16 years and counting. At some point, his roots here are going to go deeper than they do at Bama.

I'm not saying he'll never leave, but I think Bama people are underestimating his ties to Tiger Town.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama fired him.

Jan 13, 2019, 1:12 PM

Yeah, it was a long time ago, but I wouldn’t forget it. Would you?
Drove him out of what he loves, coaching, and into commercial real estate.
Tommy Bowden and Clemson offered him the chance to get back on the path, and has supported him in every possible way.
Why would he go to Tuscaloosa? He’s not stupid.

There’s nothing special about Tuscaloosa. Bear was special. Saban is special. But other than those two guys, Bama is ordinary.

Now Clemson, Clemson is special and you know it the second you set foot on campus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Bama fired him.

Jan 13, 2019, 1:25 PM

You beat me to it! Since everyone has a character flaw somewhere, and we haven't found Dabo's yet, maybe he holds grudges!!
They fired him and he ain't goin back, they had their chance!

Re: all the pundits keep talking about if dabo will go to bama

Jan 13, 2019, 1:17 PM

I think it’s more likely Saban tries to come here and learn at the foot of Brent Venables for a few years.

Jan 13, 2019, 1:28 PM

Yeah, BV needs to set up a recovery camp for failed D line coaches!!

Jan 13, 2019, 1:30 PM

You never immediately follow a sports legend. The bar has been set too high. Majority of coaches who follow a legend in college FB BB, fail to live up to the standards set. Alabama will NOT tolerate losing even 1 or 2 games a yr.and not winning the SEC and playing for a natty. Same at Duke and UNC in BB.

Roy Williams would not follow Dean Smith. He waited until some fool followed Dean and failed. Then Williams came in and saved the day. Same will happen at Duke when CK leaves. Same will happen at Bama when Saban leaves. Dabo may then go to Bama. But he will not follow Saban. And if CU keeps winning under Dabo and playing for the natty, he will not leave. As long as he is paid well, why leave and put yourself under the pressure of a new situation.

Dabo can be a legend at Clemson. He would have to share the spotlight w.Bear/Saban at Bama, IF he came close to being as good. It will be almost impossible for anyone to win 6 natties or more at Bama before Saban leaves.

Ties to Bama did not get Frank Howard or Danny Ford to leave. They loved Clemson and I don't think Dabo will leave. We need to do everything we can to keep him and everything we can to support the program in every way possible to give him the tools he needs to recruit and win.

All IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 1:32 PM

Hasn't his children grown up in Clemson?

At some point Bama stops being "home" and becomes the place where he grew up.

Clemson gave him an opportunity and I don't see him forgetting that anytime soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if they don't talk . . .

Jan 13, 2019, 2:09 PM

they have no job. Who cares if they talk about this??? I'm interested in football talk, but stuff about Dabo means nothing.

Jan 13, 2019, 2:40 PM

Pundips also kept talking about Saban wiping the floor with CU... What do they know?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,137
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic