Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Real reason DJU committed to CU!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Real reason DJU committed to CU!!!

May 9, 2019, 4:45 PM

https://www.faithwire.com/2019/05/07/theyre-all-big-christians-star-qb-says-faith-played-primary-role-in-committing-to-clemson/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Real reason DJU committed to CU!!!

May 9, 2019, 4:46 PM

Plus Championships and the lake .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 9, 2019, 9:01 PM

and I thought it was the chickfilet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sprecken ze Deutche?***

May 9, 2019, 4:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sprecken ze Deutche?***

May 9, 2019, 5:23 PM

Si, Si.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2019, 5:04 PM

I'd rather that stay more on the down-low, otherwise, folks like the Freedom From Faith Foundation will get riled up again.

Funny how we don’t come at them

May 9, 2019, 5:08 PM

For their stances.

Why can’t we just coexist and respect one another in love?

Re: Funny how we don’t come at them

May 9, 2019, 8:42 PM

There are lots of Christians who feel it necessary to attack other's beliefs or lack of beliefs. Westboro comes to mind, but that is extreme.

At the end of the day, it isn't Christian / non-Christian. It's just an us v. them mentality.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Funny how we don’t come at them

May 10, 2019, 12:45 PM

haynous® said:

There are lots of Christians who feel it necessary to attack other's beliefs or lack of beliefs. Westboro comes to mind, but that is extreme.

True Christians (disciples of Jesus Christ) do not attack other's beliefs or lack of beliefs. They are instructed by scripture to speak the truth, but to speak it in love. There is a big difference! Please don't lump Westboro in with Christians. They may claim the name, but I can say I'm Trevor Lawrence and that doesn't mean I'm him. Their actions in no way exhibit the examples in scripture of a true disciple of Jesus Christ. It is a shame that Westboro's actions and media exposure make some see them as the face of Christianity. They are much like the Pharisees of Jesus's day. Jesus called them hypocrites and white washed tombs (pure and white on the outside, but internally spiritually dead).

Don’t forget the Oculus!

May 9, 2019, 5:08 PM

Praise Oculus ??

May 9, 2019, 5:31 PM

I'd rather that stay more on the down-low, otherwise, folks like the Freedom From Faith Foundation will get riled up again.

May 9, 2019, 5:45 PM

It’s weird...I both appreciate and recoil at this reasoning. While I support/respect anyone’s right to express their faith, I do think there comes a point beyond which it shouldn’t be actively endorsed at the institutional level.

And before some of you read more into that than I intended, I don’t think we are at that point yet. Appears to me Dabo and staff are reasonable and respectful in their dealings with recruits/players.

I hear ya, but I do think Dabo especially is just

May 9, 2019, 6:23 PM

Being who he is. He just speaks his mind in public more so than most. Gets him in trouble at times but he’s about as genuine as it gets. It’s freedom. So far it’s not illegal but give it time. They’re tryin their best to limit freedom as much as possible.

From what I know, it’s NOT an institutional thing.

May 9, 2019, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Real reason DJU committed to CU!!! ]

It’s literally very very personal and it’s priority one with true believers. I say that because it’s not like you can turn it on and off given your current environment. You are His whether you are at home, at work or at the movies.

I appreciate that our coaches and players (those that have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior ) are not willing to compromise their faith to appease their situations and further a personal agenda.

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From what I know, it’s NOT an institutional thing.

May 10, 2019, 9:27 AM

Well...I sorta disagree on the turning it on/off part. I think most Christians realize those times/situations when it’s inappropriate to discuss Jesus or even religion at all. Just common courtesy depending on the situation. But I think I that’s a different discussion...

Good point!

May 10, 2019, 12:45 PM

Just never compromise the Word.

May 9, 2019, 8:08 PM

I went to Clemson and had 6 great years and finished my MS and PhD. There are lot of things about Clemson I still fondly remember.
However this Holly Roller aspect of Clemson is something I try to forget
I am not against God and not an atheist. To me God is conscience, God is a personal thing, God is my work ethic and ... At the end of of it all it is in you. No need to run it like a political campaign.
Talkers are not doers - Doers are not talkers. Being Religious is differrent than being Spiritual.
A Differrent Plane and Differrent Wavelength.
To conclude I dont blame DJ. He is still young. He will see the world and learn more.

Wow! That’s alot to ponder.

May 9, 2019, 9:13 PM

Just one thing. If you are not all in for God, you are truly against Him. Not my opinion, He says it over and over in His Word. Check out what he says about even the “luke warm church” in Revelation.

Matthew 7 comes to mind as well.

Curious to know if you are a parent? It’s one thing to bet your beliefs are right for yourself and your eternity, that changes dramatically when your kids are watching you for shaping their beliefs and what their eternity looks like.

Seriously hope you give Him a look on a personal level, He promises to show up when we seek.

Prayers for you!!!

Go Tigers!

again, another know it all

May 9, 2019, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Real reason DJU committed to CU!!! ]

The arrogance of some people on both sides of this discussion is hilarious. Everyone knows everything when you start talking about God.

So your statement here is basically that you’ve figured out the cosmos and you are the one who’s right and it’s not DJs fault he’s so naive,he’s just young. Your opinion is just that my friend. And it’s ok to formulate your own opinion but the arrogance to imply one is naive and you are enlightened just makes me smh. This know-it-all generation is getting really, really boring. Use your MS and PhD for the discipline for which u are an expert...this one....id keep it to myself if I were u.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic