Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zack Pickens question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 4,819

Zack Pickens question

Jan 16, 2019, 11:29 AM

How long before he ( and Mom) comes to his senses and realizes what a huge mistake he has made, passing up the opportunity to be coached by the best in college FB, experience championships, being part of something beyond special, going to the WH, increasing his NFL stock.

He would also avoid seeing a coaching circus/ carousel, embarrassing losses, fan attacks, fans screwing in the parking lots, massive third quarter fan exodus, getting a useless diploma, being owned by The Citadel, fans calling for firings of the coach, AD, BOT and the president of USuC.

What could possibly cause a player like him choose USuC over the BEST football program in the country with likely the best QB to ever play at Clemson and possibly all of college FB. $$$s, airheadedness? Help me out............I'm at a loss. Could he pull a Belk?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The check cleared so Mom doesn't care...

Jan 16, 2019, 11:31 AM

He'll spend three years wallowing in mediocrity, his final year under a new head coach, and then bolt for the NFL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He would be 2nd string at best next year

Jan 16, 2019, 11:32 AM

and Likely 3rd string. I don't blame him for picking the coots. I don't know him personally but he probably wanted to go somewhere that he can be 'the big guy on campus'. He could end up being their best player since clowney.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zack Pickens question

If he tries to "pull a Belk" his destination will certainly not be Clemson.

Our coaches won't play the same games that the other side did.

Are you referring to Zacch Pickens?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Coots gonna Coot. No sense in trying to coach it out of

Jan 16, 2019, 11:34 AM

them, we saw how that worked out with Belk. Let Pickens go be a big Chicken in a little coop. We will be fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 11:34 AM

He'll get blown out all 3 years and feel miserable

I don't pretend to know the lad . . .

Jan 16, 2019, 12:03 PM

or what his thought process was . . . maybe he just didn't want to work that hard . . . or maybe he wanted to get away from home . . . or maybe he was running towards a girlfriend or guy-friend . . . or maybe Championships, rings and excellence are not important to him . . . or, as others have stated, it's the "big fish - little bowl" syndrome.

Personally, I'm with MiuraTiger . . . I just don't understand!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 12:18 PM

I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard that him and his family are South Carolina fans. I can respect that if that's the case, or whatever his reasons are. Sometimes recruits end up not going with the obvious choice based on recent records, and sometimes they feel comfortable somewhere else and want to take a chance on someone. Luckily this is the case or we wouldn't have started putting together some of the great classes we have including the one after our 6-7 season that included Sammy Watkins.

Zacch and his mother are very close...

Jan 16, 2019, 1:05 PM

and his mother is a lifelong Gamecock fan who loves her some Will Muschamp.

Zacch had offers from several other, better schools (both athletically and academically), but Mom wanted Zacch to attend u of 5c and that's exactly where he is going.

It's really just that simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Zacch and his mother are very close...

Jan 16, 2019, 1:19 PM

I think that is right and I don't think we would have been his second (or mother's) choice. I think UGA would have been second.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the light comes on!!!!!!!

Jan 16, 2019, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Zacch and his mother are very close... ]

Thanks

Jan 16, 2019, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Zack Pickens question ]

So was XT, he hitched his wagon to a race horse not a jack-#ss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 8:35 PM

And now he has a national championship ring!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Zack Pickens question ]

Yeah I heard the same momma loves the coots and momma “knows best”. I would say good luck but if you choose to be a coot then there is no amount of luck or best wishes that will help him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His decision was clearly not based on the CFP

Jan 16, 2019, 1:25 PM

So it really doesn't matter.

I dunno his motives, but likely he will start from day1... which means he will have 3 years of stats when he is eligible for the nfl.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 16, 2019, 1:40 PM

While he has the size, I have seen him play several times and he does not give 100% on every play. He has a tendency to pull up and give up on plays too easy. You also must realize that most of his stats were against players 30-40-50-60 pounds lighter.

Do not lament about him he is in a place that he can underachieve and they will still declare him to be their new savior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, he also played running back.

Jan 16, 2019, 2:24 PM

He won't have to at scar.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 16, 2019, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Zack Pickens question ]

Saw him play as well. Not as good as advertised and lazy like Josh FATBOI Belk. I've also heard the same thing, Mom is huge USUCK fan and used the racism card against C1emson...Tillman and Banana thing. I still can't believe that is a thing.

My prediction is he stays 4 years and does not get drafted

Jan 16, 2019, 4:12 PM

in the first 4 rounds, stays in the NFL for 2-3 years and will be back in Anderson county with a 9-5 job within 10 years.

He blew the shot of millions and millions of dollars.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 8:08 PM

Doesn't matter much. If anything we need DT's not DE's. I'm quite happy with our DE depth. I'm sure we'll land more too.

This^^^^. Also worried about DT***

Jan 16, 2019, 8:14 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 4,819
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic