Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since Alabama was so tired
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,716

Since Alabama was so tired

Jun 24, 2019, 3:21 PM

Which seems to be a redundant excuse given by the SEC is it time we start complaining about the 2015 title game too? Clemson was out star receiver Mike Williams due to injury, Shaq Lawson was hurt, Mackensie Alexander had to leave early with an injury, Wayne Gallman was limping the entire night nearly with a nagging injury and we didn't allow Deon Cain to play due to bad decisions, not to mention Alabama got a free pass playing a Michigan State team who was a fairy tale team and Clemson had to play Baker Mayfield and the hottest team in America. Is it time they admit that 2015 we were the champions as we at least almost beat them, this seems fair to me since 44-16 brought excuses then 45-40 really needs to be talked about but then again that would only make sense and diminish their argument..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA didnt want to be there. SEC can only have excuses***

Jun 24, 2019, 3:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since Alabama was so tired

Jun 24, 2019, 3:40 PM

It really is the difference between Clemson and other programs. I never heard us once use that as an excuse. (sure some goober here or there might have but for sure our coaches didn't) We just said we would be back and it would be real soon. Got back next year and won it. It really is what a championship program does. No excuses, just hard work and great recruiting and you get 2 titles in 3 years. :)

Jun 24, 2019, 4:08 PM

No excuses because our culture goes beyond the starters, Dabo knows it's not just the 1st string that makes a championship but the 2nd string, 3rd string, practice squad and deeper. Next man up means the next man has the same responsibility as the starters and he doesn't treat them like they aren't as good as the starter which is why you won't hear him say "so and so was out so that really hurt us" because each players means the same to him.

Jun 25, 2019, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Since Alabama was so tired ]

We didn’t want to be at the orange bowl against wvu

Just kidding; but it did make me feel better for a second

Re: Since Alabama was so tired- their theme song

Jun 24, 2019, 6:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uai7M4RpoLU

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right. It took all those things and more for us

Jun 24, 2019, 6:22 PM

to lose. We were a better team that night too.

Re: You're right. It took all those things and more for us

Jun 24, 2019, 7:46 PM

No doubt we were the better team. Saban had to dip into the bag of tricks to beat Dabo. Alexander being healthy would have made a tremendous difference

Jun 24, 2019, 7:58 PM

Alexander being healthy could have allowed a safety over the top to help our LB's in coverage against Howard who lit us up that game for 2 TD's and somewhere around 150 yards.

Jun 24, 2019, 8:01 PM

Exactly right.

I think it was more like 220 yards. When ALEXANDER went out

Jun 24, 2019, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: You're right. It took all those things and more for us ]

He was pretty much uncovered

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2019, 8:54 AM [ in reply to You're right. It took all those things and more for us ]

Mack wasn’t out we win that game.

I remember when the news came out he wouldn’t play that day at the tailgate; knew it then saban would abuse that side. Using that tight end that way never would of tricked Mack

Did any Alabama players actually say they were tired because of the SEC schedule?

Jun 24, 2019, 8:53 PM

Or is this just something mouth breather fans and / or on air talent stated?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2019, 11:25 PM

You struck a raw nerve mentioning Alexander. IMO, if he hadn't gotten injured, the outcome would have been different. The way the secondary completely fell apart after he left still bugs me today.

So does the onside kick.

Fortunately, the rematch happened.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,716
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic