Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UofSC fraternity members harass female reporter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

UofSC fraternity members harass female reporter

Nov 12, 2019, 10:25 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/brittany_wach/status/1194056752876195840

Don’t know the whole story, but she was reporting on a fraternity being suspended at South Carolina and was apparently yelled at and harassed as she attempted to do the story by the fraternity members.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suspended until 2023 for member hazing***

Nov 12, 2019, 10:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Suspended until 2023 for member hazing***

Nov 12, 2019, 10:33 AM

Well now they should be out-right shuttered.

OMG Literally shaking!

Nov 12, 2019, 10:35 AM

She shows up to Frat house with a bunch of dudes with nothing to lose, what does she expect to happen?

What's out of control here is the 24/7 news...MUST. FIND. SOMETHING. TO. REPORT.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Honest question

Nov 12, 2019, 10:40 AM

Are you ok with their behavior?

If so, then say it.
If not, then don't downplay it.

On record, are you cool with guys yelling rude/crude things at a reporter doing her job?

In my estimation, this shouldn't be a case of "what did she expect", but rather what sort of behavior should we expect from the students.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honest answers

Nov 12, 2019, 10:50 AM

Are you ok with their behavior? -

I'm probably on the side of "ok with the behavior" because it's what you get in the fraternity system. I say that because I don't care. Their behavior was wrong, but what should be done about it? What will be done about it? They're already shut down. They don't have a code of conduct.

On record, are you cool with guys yelling rude/crude things at a reporter doing her job? -

Not sure why this is "on record" but OK. Of course I'm not ok with people yelling anything obscene but I can't think of anything less newsworthy than a story about Greek Life. Again, what did they expect? I think they knew what they were doing. They wanted the obscenity. Everyone's suddenly talking about it. It got the attention and clicks they wanted. Some producer behind the scenes is smiling like The Grinch.

In my estimation, this shouldn't be a case of "what did she expect", but rather what sort of behavior should we expect from the students. -

"What sort of behavior should we expect" This fraternal behavior has been glamorized for decades. The solution to me is to shut down all Greek Life. It's rooted in this type of behavior.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not agree with the notion...

Nov 12, 2019, 10:54 AM

of shutting down the Greek system, but it's probably going to happen sooner rather than later because of the reasons you outlined.

For the Greek system to continue to exist I want to know

Nov 12, 2019, 10:55 AM

of the good that comes from it that can't be replicated in any other organization. We all know of the bad.

A great many of them are involved in philanthropic endeavors

Nov 12, 2019, 10:58 AM

which, in and of itself, is not a basis for them to continue to exist unless wholesale changes are structured.

Re: I do not agree with the notion...

Nov 12, 2019, 6:01 PM [ in reply to I do not agree with the notion... ]

I’m perfectly fine with shutting it down entirely. It’s a total mess in my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Typical bitterness from someone who was not Greek

Nov 12, 2019, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Honest answers ]

Sure, there are bad apples but to paint the entire system with a broad brush like that is unfair and inaccurate. I assume by your handle you were in the band. Guess what, there have been scandals at other schools involving band hazing. Do you want to disband all marching bands because there are some bad actors involved?

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this normal behavior? How often do you see someone being harassed by

Nov 12, 2019, 10:42 AM [ in reply to OMG Literally shaking! ]

Multiple people for doing their job on a daily basis just walking down the street?

We don’t need to excuse any action because of generic political anger. Would you have excused this type of jerk behavior say 5-10 years ago before everything had to have a Higher political angle?

That is normal fraternity behavior***

Nov 12, 2019, 10:52 AM

True

Nov 12, 2019, 11:31 AM

You know people make fun of “safe spaces” at colleges but fraternities are the biggest safe spaces. Covers for jerk behavior like this.

(I know i sound like one of those endless debates carved into the 1st floor Cooper library desks )

Not true at all***

Nov 12, 2019, 5:50 PM [ in reply to That is normal fraternity behavior*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're an ex-frat boy aren't you?***

Nov 12, 2019, 12:31 PM [ in reply to OMG Literally shaking! ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: UofSC fraternity members harass female reporter

Nov 12, 2019, 10:35 AM

Just coots cooting, nothing to see here.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, none of those fraternity antics have ever happened

Nov 12, 2019, 10:36 AM

at Clemson.

Why would ANYONE be surprised by this conduct...

Nov 12, 2019, 12:26 PM

These are the same students who throw bottles and middle finger salutes from the student section at uof5c football games.

Re: UofSC fraternity members harass female reporter

Nov 12, 2019, 5:47 PM

Keeping it classy at USC.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic