Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Words from the heart ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Words from the heart ...

Oct 15, 2018, 10:57 PM

When State and Clemson square off, this is a tough game for my family. I was a Clemson dad who is also a State grad. I have one son who is a Clemson grad and another who is a State grad. I love both schools. Both are tremendous schools. Clemson has an awesome football program. State has an up-and-coming program. I'm a lifetime rights season ticket holder at State, and my wife and I always come to at least one Clemson game per year. We were at the Clemson-Georgia Tech game a few weeks back.

Having said all this, I just want to say that it hurts my heart when Clemson folks poke fun at State, and it hurts my heart equally when State folks poke fun at Clemson. These schools are brethren, in my opinion. There are many families who have ties to both schools, and I'm sure they can identify with these feelings. As I said, I love both schools. I pull hard for Clemson, with the only exception being when Clemson plays State.

Hoping for a close game Saturday, regardless of who wins. I will enjoy it immensely either way. I truly will.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should probably stay off of both teams' message boards

Oct 15, 2018, 11:05 PM

this week then, because lots of hurtful things will be said.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Exactly what I was thinking.***

Oct 16, 2018, 12:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Words from the heart ...

Oct 15, 2018, 11:06 PM

NCst has a good team, Finley is the real deal. I predict a hard fought game, but Clemson winning. Sometimes it's hard for blended families. I know first hand, I'm married to a VATech alumna. I just ignore the fans that bash every other school and fan base.

Clemson alumnus here with two daughters

Oct 15, 2018, 11:09 PM

one a NCSU grad and one a Clemson grad. I appreciate State . . . to a degree. This Saturday, however, GO TIGERS! BEAT THE HE!! OUTTA DEM PUPS!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

NC State is a fine school

Oct 15, 2018, 11:21 PM

Re: NC State is a fine school

Oct 15, 2018, 11:43 PM

When that piece of junk bragged about taking gallman out it spoke volumes about him. If that is what State wants running their program they deserve what they will get.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure it is...

Oct 16, 2018, 8:53 AM [ in reply to NC State is a fine school ]

for people who can't get in UNCheat, Wake, Dook or Davidson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 15, 2018, 11:53 PM

My daughter is set to graduate from Clemson in May of 2020 , Animal and Veterinary Sciences . For Vet school , there is a good chance she ends up either at NC State or UGA .

I'm keeping my fingers crossed its at NC State .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Don't blame you Tigerdug! Good luck! My son should

Oct 16, 2018, 6:34 AM

graduate in 2021 with a BS in Industrial Eng depending on whether he does summer or semester internships.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I respectfully disagree. NCSU is not, and will never be

Oct 16, 2018, 12:01 AM

an up-and-coming football program. They’ve been stuck in the same rut for at least the last decade. They couldn’t win it with Wilson. Couldn’t win it with Brissett. They haven’t won it with Finley. The last time NCSU won the ACC was 1979.
NCSU is a great school, and they actually put out some great NFL talent from time to time, but they are not up-and-coming in the realm of football. The only reason they are undefeated is because the WV game was canceled. BC was a solid win, but all the rest are mediocre. I know they will give Clemson their best punch, but it will take several season-ending injuries to our tigers for the pups to have a chance. They know this. I will never forgive them for that hit on Gallman II.

On a positive note, along with aTm, this game is a resume booster for Clemson because the pups are ranked. I am thankful for that. Don’t let the crap-talking hurt your feelings. It’s just a game. People say terrible things because they are human. Just enjoy the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, Clemson was a regular

Oct 16, 2018, 6:04 AM

Member of the 'is not, and will never be an up-and-coming football program'. There are no absolutes...aside from death.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2018, 12:09 AM

Hey Nancy, get a grip. It’s football, not Love & War. It’s all supposed to be fun, including the b@ll busting. Stop being so sensitive.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2018, 12:44 AM

If I were in your place I'd worry more about my sons than the fans . If it were my boys I'd probably have to break up fights and play the role of Henry Kissinger .

Look man, I get where your coming from. I never condone

Oct 16, 2018, 12:54 AM

crossing the line, I don't use words like hate with sports teams, and sometimes people take things to far. It should be friendly banter.

That said, there should be friendly banter. Tensions should be high. We are 2 undefeated teams playing for the division. The season is on the line. Add in the last few years being close, some blown opportunities, and some stupid coaching (see Doeran when asked about keys to winning literally cote as his 2nd positve that our RB was targeted and concussed out of the game), and you have the recipe for some big talk.. ESPECIALLY ON MESSAGE BOARDS.

You clearly aren't "all in" so I don't expect you to understand; from either perspective. You've made your choice to walk the line between, but most of us are passionate about one team winning this game. At this point, while things should stay respectable, they won't always. Pick a sode and get on board, or I'd recommend enjoying it as you have been but staying away from "fan" sites.

No offense meant at all.. sincerely.
Cheers, and enjoy. And of course..
GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

cudad - Let me help you out with why you should pull for

Oct 16, 2018, 5:57 AM

Clemson:

Dave Doeren is a low life dewsh whose poor sportsmanship character infect the whole NC State program.

In 2015, one of Doeren's assistant coaches decides to shove DW4 on the NC State sideline:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aygZIhCQV_0

In 2016, during Doeren's coaches show he counts "knocking their tailback out of the game" as one of the things he needed to do to win the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS0r_8b-Z0U

In 2017 another NC State coach or assistant decides to take a swipe at K'Von Wallace along their sideline after intercepting a pass to seal the game. Some may discard the slap at K'Von Wallace but Dabo made mention of the incident stating the slap could have injured K'Von's hand and should not have happened:
https://youtu.be/GnzabZ5zMSw

Again in 2017, the stupid towel stuff by one of his players and who can forget Doeren's whining press conference after the game (i.e. Clemson had a computer on their sideline...)

Under Doeren, NC State has become the USuC of the ACC as far as poor sportsmanship with the fanbase following his lead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2dOeOBsEb0

So no cudad - the choice is a no brainer - until NC State gets rid of Doeren and starts acting like an institution with some class you should hope they lose every game they play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a question for you that I've always wanted to ask.

Oct 16, 2018, 6:45 AM

What if you decide to get off that fence your straddling and while climbing down you snag your sack and lose the family jewels?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for your heartfelt post but honestly

Oct 16, 2018, 7:00 AM

sir this fragile attitude towards jokes and insults on the week before the two schools meet on the gridiron is snowflake if I ever heard it. Do yourself a favor and don't take a sport, a game after all, so seriously. They are just having fun. If you don't enjoy it -and I should mention our dominance of State might have at least a little to do with this, i wouldn't read the insults. Just my advice. Fwiw I have a first cousin who played on the offensive line for State back in the 80's and I have other family members who attended both schools. Most of the ribbing is in good fun but if that's not your thing I understand.

Oct 16, 2018, 8:02 AM

As a Clemson grad living in NC, I agree that we are kindred spirits. I have too many fellow engineers who are State grads to think otherwise. I hope they do well except for this weekend.

Oct 16, 2018, 8:12 AM

Cry me a river!

ur fans are trash..never have I heard any one

Oct 16, 2018, 8:13 AM

butcher the national anthem.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 16, 2018, 8:17 AM

Unfortunately, it seems that the "closer" the schools are, the mote bitter the rivalry is.

Oct 16, 2018, 8:21 AM

Under Sheridan and O'Cain, N.C. State was a classy program. Now, the actions of the fans are not acceptable. The white trash has risen to the top. The behavior of State fans in the stadium last year is not defendable nor is it excusable.

Oct 16, 2018, 10:03 AM

When you can put together a list of YouTube videos like tabby did, it's pretty bad, and tabby didn't even post the towel-gate videos.

This kind of crap begins at the top - DD is the man that propagates attitude down. They do have an issue here they need to address.

I'm a CU grad and my middle son goes to State and we live in Raleigh. I will never pull for State vs. Clemson.

State is a good academic school (ranked better than CU in engineering) and has solid athletics. But they have a huge inferiority complex...

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic