Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You people that ski...you'd LOVE Banff if you haven't been.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

You people that ski...you'd LOVE Banff if you haven't been.

Apr 2, 2018, 1:59 PM

And by 'you people that ski', I mean you people that ski.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU people x 3?

Apr 2, 2018, 2:01 PM

Aprés for your soul

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people lead teflon coated lives.***

Apr 2, 2018, 2:42 PM

Re: You people that ski...you'd LOVE Banff if you haven't been.

Apr 2, 2018, 2:30 PM

We went up during elk rut. Went all the way up to Jasper. Definitely gorgeous country.

You there now?

Apr 2, 2018, 2:40 PM

Was up there in December and managed to do precisely zero skiing due to biz stuff and lack of snow.

Enjoy Alberta...it's like Montana with insanely polite people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you have had a DUI you can't go there supposedly.

Apr 2, 2018, 2:45 PM

Just so somebody doesn't waste their money who might have that issue.

Canada will turn u back at Customs for a lot of different criminal charges.

Apr 2, 2018, 4:04 PM

I mean I understand not letting Felons in, but a person with no other lifetime charges but a DUI seems a tad strict.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially if you've ever lived somewhere like Clemson

Apr 2, 2018, 4:17 PM

for any length of time. It's only a matter of time until you do get one in that case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I was the last generation of CU students to catch

Apr 2, 2018, 4:38 PM

breaks from the PD.

Yeah, Officer Hand was a total MIP-writing diiik who foreshadowed what was to come from police in general, but most of the guys on the force at that time weren't looking to ruin a kid's life.

Of course, they couldn't close a murder case to save their lives either, but those only happened twice a decade or so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well they still can't do that, they just go for the easy

Apr 2, 2018, 4:45 PM

pickings. I will never forget, nor will I ever have any respect for that police force after I was surrounded by three cop cars walking out of Bi-Lo with a case of beer because they thought I was underage.

I think it will get interesting though, there are two opposing forces at play at the moment. It's early in the game, but we'll see how it plays out. Clemson has invested a lot of money in new on campus housing, presumably with the attitude that if they build it, the students will come. I wonder if they've considered the fact that students will not live there if they can't drink, or if they're hassled much about it. Highpointe has never been at capacity due to that very reason. So who wins this battle, the university, or the over zealous police force?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt. That's why I was off-campus for my final

Apr 2, 2018, 4:46 PM

4 years.

Brought a keg into Johnstone once. Once.

They didn't get too bad until the late 2000's

Apr 2, 2018, 4:52 PM

I know in 2006 many a suspiciously square back pack made it safely to home base in the dorms without so much as an eye brow raised by the security guard. By 2009 or so the ticket squads started appearing at football games and apartment complex pools begun to get raided. By 2010 I knew I'd never be able to live in Clemson again and maintain my freedom.

I always though the cops in Clemson sucked...

Apr 2, 2018, 4:58 PM

even back in the earlier 90's. If they are worse now they must be awful.

The big thing in the early 90's was how quickly word

Apr 2, 2018, 5:01 PM

spread around town. We looked out for each other.

If ATF was in town doing stings, the whole campus knew about it within an hour and you just kept your fake ID in your pocket and stayed at home that weekend.

Good point.*****

Apr 2, 2018, 5:03 PM

You may not recall, but there was a big stir when that kid

Apr 3, 2018, 9:37 AM [ in reply to I always though the cops in Clemson sucked... ]

got shot and killed at Chimney Ridge a few years ago, because the management of Chimney Ridge had quit granting access to the cops. Of course they turned that around to make management look like the bad guys. What nobody felt like sharing was they had to quit giving them the gate code because cops were walking around looking in open windows trying to see anything they might could bust people for and generally harassing students so bad.

So yeah, I'd say it's pretty awful.

It seems like the cops would want to not hassle....

Apr 3, 2018, 10:58 AM

the students considering the students make the city. It always seemed counterintuitive the way some of the officers act as if the students are the enemy.

It was a free for all until Ashley Gill took a nosedive out

Apr 2, 2018, 5:01 PM [ in reply to No doubt. That's why I was off-campus for my final ]

of a frat boys window.

Open quad parties and keg bowling in the halls of johnstone.

I remember my in my first 2 weeks in Johnstone walking by three chicks sitting in a circle at the end of the hall passing around a bottle of Jack Daniels and a joint.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's always Mexico***

Apr 2, 2018, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Canada will turn u back at Customs for a lot of different criminal charges. ]

I have a good story about me trying to sneak into Canada...

Apr 2, 2018, 6:02 PM

that I will post later. It will take a while to type it out. They wouldn't let me in because I have a wet reckless on my record. That was a reduced DUI charge after taking a class from maybe 20 years ago. Anyway, it was an adventure. I will never be able to go to Canada apparently and I would love to go. I have to meet somebody for dinner, so i don't have time to type it all right now. It is somewhat interesting. I will get back to it later.

Well it is a little early to type this with any enthusiasm,

Apr 3, 2018, 6:17 AM

but I will try anyway to relay my story about Canada. Anyway, many years back I planned a trip to Whistler in Canada to go skiing. I had a buddy living in Seattle, so I caught a plane ride from Florida to Seattle and then we would drive up for the trip. I fly out to Seattle and my buddy picks me up and drive on up to the Canadian border. When we get to the Canadian border I find out that they won't let me in due to my arrest for the "wet reckless charge" which was a reduced DUI charge. I flew all the way out there, hotel was paid for, etc etc, and the trip was ruined possibly. Well, my buddy who I was with was actually Canadian. He tells me he knows a spot where I can just walk over and it's not a big deal. It sounded sketchy but I decided to give it a go. He drives to a spot at about 11pm or so and says, "See those lights way out there. That's Canada. I will meet you on the other side. Call me when you get over there and I will pick you up." I went for it. Of course we were a little stoned too, but whatever. It was pretty clear where I was going from the road, but once I took my steps off of the road and started walking through the woods on that cold February night, the direction wasn't so obvious. I was cutting through trees and bushes with branches snapping and wasn't even sure if I was on the right angle anymore. After a bit I hear some ATV's roaring towards me off in the distance. I decide to crunch down hoping not to be seen and regretting my choice to try and get over to Canada. After a bit the ATV's get closer and closer and the people/border patrol get off of their ATV's and start walking. I can hear on their radios someone guiding them. "He is more to your left and 70 yards up approx." "No, more to your left." Of course I realize that they must have me on some infrared or something of the sort. Eventually they are basically right on top of me, so I stand up with my hands raised. A few border patrol guys with their guns out aimed at me screamed, "Get your hands in the air". I say, "They're up". They say, "Get your F***ing hands up higher". I do it obviously. They say, "Where the F**k are you from?" I let them know I am from the United States. They say, "Where are the f***ng drugs?" I let them know that there are no drugs. They search for the drugs that don't exist all through the bushes. I have no luggage or bags, so they they are looking for whatever I was carrying. My bags were on the other side in Canada in my buddy's trunk waiting to go to Whistler. The border patrol are freaking out the whole time, run my name, see that I have no warrants or anything. Let me add that, I wasn't even busted by the Canadian border patrol. I didn't get past the American border patrol. They screamed at me, "Who the f**k tries to sneak into Canada?" I explain to them that I was denied at the border and I want to complete my ski trip that I planned. Eventually the lightened up and even chuckled about it. They explained that they could lock me for 90 days if they wanted. They guided me back to the road and told me there was a gas station about a mile down the road and that if they caught me again i would be going to jail for a bit. I assured them they wouldn't see or hear from again. Well, that was my almost trip to Canada. Looks like I will never have the chance to go there. It's a shame because I always wanted to go and I even have some good friends living up there. If you have a DUI or even a reduced DUI charge, they may not let you in. I am proof. Not that you likely would, but don't try and sneak in either.

So what did your buddy do???

Apr 3, 2018, 7:48 AM

a) Head to Whistler to complete the ski trip and leave you to fend for yourself at the gas station
b) Come back to scoop you up and head back to Seattle to party with Eddie Vedder
c) Neither, go in search of hookers & blow

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what did your buddy do???

Apr 3, 2018, 7:51 AM

I called him and he picked me up and we went hung out in Seattle for a couple of days drinking. I caught an early flight back to Florida and haven't been back to Seattle since.

We wanted to check it out this year for the

Apr 3, 2018, 12:13 PM

outdoor film and literature festival, but put our money away and are heading to Iceland instead. Maybe next year and I'll have to hit you up for the good drinking spots.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic