Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
shaka Smart may be on the chopping block
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

shaka Smart may be on the chopping block

Mar 15, 2019, 2:37 PM

Would you still consider him as potential get if he became available and brownell left or got axed. Hasn't really prooved himself at texas like he did at vcu

https://thespun.com/big-12/texas-longhorns/shaka-smart-hot-seat-chris-del-conte

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gladly! I miss OPs style of play***

Mar 15, 2019, 2:41 PM

You liked watching good teams turn the press into a layup

Mar 15, 2019, 3:09 PM

drill? You must have loved the DePaul years

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember a game against GT in the ACC Tournament where

Mar 15, 2019, 3:58 PM

GT ran the exact same press break over and over. They would inbound the ball and immediately pass it near the half court sideline and would have a guard streaking up the middle. The player receiving a pass at mid court would then pass it to the guard and it became a 3 on 1 layup drill. Over and over and over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

he might not be a bad choice for us. he was a good recruiter

Mar 15, 2019, 3:05 PM

For Purnell. Maybe he hasn't been caught doing anything dirty on an FBI wiretap

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has he been to more Sweet 16s than Brad?***

Mar 15, 2019, 3:07 PM

Re: Has he been to more Sweet 16s than Brad?***

Mar 15, 2019, 3:15 PM

On the other hand, he has went to more Final 4's and he is only about 40 years old. He also went to the tournament 7 out of the last 9 years.

He hasn't won a game in the Tourney since 2013 though, so

Mar 15, 2019, 5:14 PM

he's on a 0-4 streak currently and he had the #2 HS player on the Texas team that flamed last season...He is also currently 10 games below .500 in the Big 12...So there's that as well

Re: He hasn't won a game in the Tourney since 2013 though, so

Mar 15, 2019, 5:41 PM

At least he goes to the tournament consistently. He has only not gone 3 times. CBB has gone twice over the last 12 years. Brad just won his first tournament game last year and he has been a head coach for 17 years.

He's only gone once in the last 3 years and he hasn't

Mar 15, 2019, 5:49 PM

actually won a game in 6 years...Do you not see a downward trend once he got out of the CAA/A10? He's already missed the NCAA more than Barnes did at Texas even though he has been there 12 less seasons

Re: He's only gone once in the last 3 years and he hasn't

Mar 15, 2019, 5:56 PM

He has still done more than CBB. As far as comparing him with Barnes, Barnes is a really good coach. I would take Barnes over Shaka. Rick Barnes almost always goes to the tournament, even at Clemson.

It doesn't worry you that he did it all two jobs and 6+

Mar 15, 2019, 6:20 PM

years ago?

Re: It doesn't worry you that he did it all two jobs and 6+

Mar 15, 2019, 6:31 PM

Not really. Shaka went to the tournament last year. I am not sure what Shaka will be like at Texas if he had 9 years or whatever Brad has had at Clemson. Then again, we don't really go the tournament consistently, so whoever we would hire really wouldn't worry me. There would be nothing really to worry about. Either we still continue to somewhat consistently not go to the tournament or we do better. What do we really have to lose? On the other hand, I haven't given up on CBB. I want to see what these freshman will be like next year. I also want to see who he signs for the following class.

What do we have to lose? You act like Brad is rock bottom,

Mar 15, 2019, 7:11 PM

did you go to many games during the Shyatt era?

Re: What do we have to lose? You act like Brad is rock bottom,

Mar 16, 2019, 12:23 AM

No I went to Clemson in the Barnes era.

Brad was 4 games below .500 in his 1st 4 years at a lesser

Mar 15, 2019, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: It doesn't worry you that he did it all two jobs and 6+ ]

school than Texas, playing in a better conference than the Big 12...Shaka is 10 games below .500 in his 1st 4 years and a better school in a lesser conference...Shaka has certainly achieved more at the mid major level but Brad has been better coaching in a Power conference against a Big Boy schedule...Those are the hard facts...I've seen nothing from Shaka at Texas(which is the comparison) that makes me think he is an upgrade

rumor in ws is that wake wants to throw dollars his way***

Mar 15, 2019, 3:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: rumor in ws is that wake wants to throw dollars his way***

Mar 15, 2019, 3:17 PM

That would be a good hire for them. He seems perfect for that school.

Wake should hire Bobby Lutz, I think he'd do well there***

Mar 15, 2019, 3:51 PM [ in reply to rumor in ws is that wake wants to throw dollars his way*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I don’t understand why we would want a coach

Mar 15, 2019, 3:30 PM

who largely failed at his only major college basketball job, at a school with better basketball history, better administrative support, and better fan support than Clemson offers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don’t understand why we would want a coach

Mar 15, 2019, 3:33 PM

Texas was lacking for whatever reason when he got there. I would have expected a little more from him to date there but again I dont follow them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only year he finished above .500 in conference play at

Mar 15, 2019, 5:16 PM

Texas was his first, he has gone 16-20 the past two years with HIS players

Re: the only year he finished above .500 in conference play at

Mar 15, 2019, 6:56 PM

This, the OP style has faded away. Teams beat that gimmick now and few coaches know can adapt from that.

If Brownell was fired by D-Rad, I'd be happy with hiring

Mar 15, 2019, 3:54 PM

Shaka Smart. It would immediately bring excitement to the program and I think fans, students and the administration would get behind him.

i think so, Texas is heaviliy political and if you don't fit

Mar 15, 2019, 3:58 PM

the mold in Austin you usually are just a frustrated coach that doesn't get a ton of help from the admin and boosters. I think he'd do well here in ACC land. And i think he'd recruit well. Which is the biggest thing. I don't necessarily like OP's style. B/c it gave us dead legs at the end of the season. OUr guys seemed tired by tourney time.

Re: shaka Smart may be on the chopping block

Mar 16, 2019, 12:25 AM

I would take him over CBB in a second.

problem is we won't have a job opening***

Mar 16, 2019, 8:04 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic