Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dak Joyner: "I will never lose to Clemson" 5/27/17 (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Dak Joyner: "I will never lose to Clemson" 5/27/17 (link)

Aug 22, 2019, 1:12 PM

"they (Clemson) gone feel what they missed out on" LOL yea?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/south-carolina-qb-commit-promises-never-lose-clemson/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

You have to play to lose ... so he may be right. ***

Aug 22, 2019, 1:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have to play to lose ... so he may be right. ***

Aug 22, 2019, 1:39 PM

Win as a team and lose as a team. He’s been a scholarship athlete there the last 2 years so that’s 0-2 against Clemson and 16-10 overall. ?? he might wanna enter the transfer portal to get on a better team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have to play to lose ... so he may be right. ***

Aug 22, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to You have to play to lose ... so he may be right. *** ]

agreed. i join him in feeling pretty confident the first part will hold up. in fact, he might even have been able to take it a step further and guaranteed never to lose to anyone as the starting qb.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?***

Dak Joyner***

Aug 22, 2019, 1:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thank you***

Aug 22, 2019, 1:24 PM

how did that work out for ya?!***

Re: how did that work out for ya?!***

Aug 22, 2019, 1:21 PM

He is listed at 3rd string QB I think. A great athlete, just not a College QB. Oh well, we will see how he feels again Saturday after Thanksgiving......

From the bench? ***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

At least he didn't say we was gonna feel his Ralph.....

Aug 22, 2019, 1:18 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I were Muscoot, I’d start him fo sho***

Aug 22, 2019, 1:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dak Joyner: "I will never lose to Clemson" 5/27/17 (link)

Aug 22, 2019, 1:19 PM

This is one reason why I don't put a ton into a player being angry at an opponent, and being motivated to play well having any impact on the outcome of the game. It's always a fun story when a player is playing well in a game, and you hear some story of how they didn't get recruited by the team they're playing against, and explaining that motivation is why he's doing well in that game.

The story sounds good at the time, because you usually only hear those stories after the player plays well and beats the team they were motivated against. We're a top 5 program currently, and I'm sure we've had countless recruits over recent years who didn't get an offer from us, or at least didn't get an offer to play the position they wanted to play such as with Joyner. You don't hear those stories though when we're beating teams by 30+ points.

Even in the wins during these situations, was that player not trying hard against the other opponents on the schedule? Did the player not try to make plays against teams that did offer him?

Aug 22, 2019, 1:28 PM

Agreed.

I think the only time this sort of thing actually changes what a player does is when they are only recruited by a few schools and give the "I'm going to show everybody" approach.

Sometimes that changes a player's work ethic and approach to the game in a way that transforms their abilities.

We see this rarely but occasionally with Clemson players who were low rated recruits from a small school and Clemson picks them up because they like them at a camp. Sometimes those kids come in with an edge about them.

Re: PO’d at not being recruited as a motivator. Google THE OSU and

Aug 22, 2019, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Dak Joyner: "I will never lose to Clemson" 5/27/17 (link) ]

Ryan Brewer. Gotta believe THE?? OSU not picking up on Ohio’s Mr. Football Brewer might have been at least a small motivator to their 3(?) Outback Bowl losses to SCar. I mean to lose to SCar, really. smh

Belk, Dak, Feaster...

Aug 22, 2019, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Dak Joyner: "I will never lose to Clemson" 5/27/17 (link) ]

will all do the exact same against us

Aug 22, 2019, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Dak Joyner: "I will never lose to Clemson" 5/27/17 (link) ]

Correction, we are the #1 team in the nation

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dream BIG, young man.

Aug 22, 2019, 1:25 PM

Never again!!!

??

~JKB

Aug 22, 2019, 1:27 PM

Why do players say stupid things like this? Seriously...it's not just high school and college players either. I know athletes have a competitive nature, but do they also have a stupidity nature?

Aug 22, 2019, 1:45 PM

I agree. I think a simple "I'm going to work hard and show them they made a mistake in not taking me" gets the point across without putting yourself in an impossible situation.

Aug 22, 2019, 1:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 2:24 PM

How sweet it is...

#AgainAndAgain

Aug 22, 2019, 2:39 PM

This reminds me, I collect sports memorabilia, and I am actively seeking several items for my collection. A used South Carolina football trophy case, and a used South Carolina football championship ring, from any player. I will pay top dollar for..er...wait, sorry, I forgot...never mind....note:::Clemson Championship rings from Gamecock players does not count.

Someone should put a video montage of all of the coots

Aug 22, 2019, 2:43 PM

that said this. It seems like it's been a bunch of them over the past few yrs. lol

Aug 22, 2019, 2:57 PM

So he is now the #3 quarterback for the coots...guess he showed us! I guess we will just have to take this one on the chin. We will try to talk any Clemson fans who are depressed and suicidal over this down off the ledge. How did we miss on this one?

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic