Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am sooo eager to see how our new, revamped DEFENSE comes out the gate!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I am sooo eager to see how our new, revamped DEFENSE comes out the gate!

Jun 16, 2019, 11:38 AM

Are we dialed in from the first snap?

Will there be growing pains?

How much will X. Thomas impact our defense?

In other words, does this D pick up where they left off from 2018?

I Can’t Wait to Find Out

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am sooo eager to see how our new, revamped DEFENSE comes out the gate!

Jun 16, 2019, 11:47 AM

Yes.

Yes.

Dramatic !!!!!

Yes.

Me too !!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2019, 12:08 PM

"In other words, does this D pick up where they left off from 2018?"

- I would have to admit that our DLine last year was the best DLine in CLEMSON history, and probably the entire college universe's history. So - don't expect our new DLine to come close to that early in the season. Maybe someday, but not early in the season.

I still want to see better coverage in our secondary. A QB with a quick release has proved to be a formidable weapon against us, and negates our DLine's pressure.

I expect some growing pains.

This year, it is up to our O to win most of our games, unlike some previous years. Our O should be fine and I don't really see anyone beating CLEMSON during the regular season.

Jun 16, 2019, 12:18 PM

The D is gonna shock! These cats have had substantial game experience and know they are next man up. They will be confident and hungry to prove they are just as good as the 18 D. Plus BV ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9 bama defenders 2 or 3 blocking Nyles Pickney

Jun 16, 2019, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I am sooo eager to see how our new, revamped DEFENSE comes out the gate! ]

Then of course we have DE XT

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 9 bama defenders 2 or 3 blocking Nyles Pickney

Jun 16, 2019, 5:21 PM

Their LG #79 must have been really tired the way he got shoved back with one hand.
The footwork of their long snapper #45 is hilarious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Eager for the season to start, and have realistic

Jun 16, 2019, 12:19 PM

expectations. I don't expect the defense to be near as good in the early season. At the end of the season if they approach last years beginning of the season I'll be delighted. They have just lost too much experience, and as Venables has said he prefers experience to talent with experience. Last year was the perfect mesh of both on the DL. This year lack experience at DL and LB.

What I hope to be around to see is the 2023 defense where all these 5 stars will be juniors.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expect DT and the two inside LB spots to be a work

Jun 16, 2019, 12:33 PM

in progress with some growing pains. I wonder if GT will stick with the option some because of both teams’ personnel?

I expect A&M and Syracuse to move the ball with us winning high scoring games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2019, 2:03 PM

From what we have seen from our BV coached defenses every year that he has been at Clemson, proving the talking heads WRONG everyone of those years, personally, I expect to see about the same from BV's D as we've seen every year. I could be wrong but, I think that toward mid season with the veterans and highly talented freshman that we have on roster, our secondary could be the best that we have seen in years.

Like everyone else, I believe that our offense will be better than last years offense. If we, and I believe that we can stay undefeated up to mid season, we will be a legitimate contender for winning the NC in back to back seasons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of youth and inexperience

Jun 16, 2019, 2:19 PM

along with BV

BV wins, as usual.

Pitty the offenses that face them...or don't.

Jun 16, 2019, 2:34 PM

They will give up more yards than you would like.

They will give up more points than you would like.

If they can force some turnovers and limit long drives and big busts it should be a good Clemson D again.

I believe that the

Jun 16, 2019, 3:07 PM

Talent on defense is in place for the Tigers to continue as a great defensive team. I’m not sure if the leadership displayed by Wilkins et al will be in place for this run of great defenses to continue. I’m counting on Henry and a few others to step up into that leadership role. We must have that can’t lose mentality that the previous defense had for many games. It would be interesting to hear Dabos take on this.

Jun 16, 2019, 4:50 PM

The defense definitely won't be dialed in from the start. Just too much talent lost from last year. I'm very concerned about the dropoff at DT.

There will be severe growing pains during the season. I'm most concerned about the A&M game. It should be a very high-scoring affair.

I expect XT will perform like a top 5 NFL draft pick from the very start. He needs a partner on the other side to create a dynamic pass rush.

The defense has no chance to pick up from where the 2018 squad left off but the offense should more than make up the difference.

If we get off to a 3-0 start, it should be all good. By season's end, I expect the defense to perform well overall. The secondary should be better than last year but the weakness up the middle is something teams will continually attack.

Something to watch closely is who steps into the leadership void.

In 2019, the great offense will carry the defense until the D figures things out. In 2018, it was the exact opposite.

Jun 16, 2019, 5:00 PM

One thing about our coordinators on O and D is they seem to do a lot better job of in-game adjustments than their predecessors.

Jun 16, 2019, 5:20 PM

Morris was everything as an OC we wanted and adjusted as good as anyone we have. Huge part of our turnaround as a program.

Jun 16, 2019, 5:18 PM

It will be good but there will be growing pains and blunders and the final rank will not be as high as some of the recent units. I need to look up the rankings but I’m pretty sure 2014 and 2018 units were extremely high ranked among several highly ranked units in that span. I’m thinking more like a 20th ish unit for a year then back to top 5.

You guys are nuts, our defense

Jun 16, 2019, 10:30 PM

will dominate from the very beginning. We will be at least as dominant as we were in 2018. Don't you understand what's happening with our team? CBV knows what's happening, and soon the rest of the country will finally see what's happening at Clemson, too. It's not simply "next man up", it's take the field and dominate! (mark my words, Ben Boulware (maybe) our next strength and conditioning coach... just a thought.)

Go Tigers!!!

Jun 16, 2019, 10:14 PM

With BV, every year is the same, how can he replace A,B and C. Every year he gets it done. I think we all agree with early growing pains, and then peak at the right time.

Jun 17, 2019, 1:25 PM

Jordan Foster
Nyles Pinkney
Jamie Slaski
XT
KJ Henry
Isaih Simmons
KYLER MCMICHAEL
AJ Terrell
Jake Venables
Tanner Muse
Xavier Kelly
Nolan Turner
Sheridan Jones
Mario Goodrich
Etinosa Rueben
RUKE ORHORHORO
Chad Smith
Landon Holden
Logan Rudolf
Jordan Williams
Darnell Jeffries
Andrew Booth
Bryant Constantin

Yeah, we're pretty slim this year, might oughta cancel the season....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic