Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You gotta be kidding me.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 311

You gotta be kidding me.

Jul 5, 2019, 8:02 PM

Elberton Journal Breaking News...Suspected Drowning claims life of Elbert county man at Russell State Park.
Elbert county coroner Chuck Almond has identified the victim as
Tyshon Dye 25 years of age who apparently drowned in the swimming area at Richard B. Russell state park.

Deputy Elbert county coroner Beth Seymour and the Elbert dive team along with the assistance of Elbert county first responders the Georgia DNR and members of the Hart County dive team recovered the victims body at 5:54 pm at the swimming area of Russell state park.

Dye was reportedly swimming in the lake Russell park swimming area when witnesses stated he went under and emergency services were called to the scene.

Dye played for Clemson as a running back from 2014 through 2016 before transferring to East Carolina in 2017. He earned a bachelor’s degree in parks, recreation & tourism management from Clemson in May 2017.

At Elbert County, Dye was selected to the North-South All-Star game as a senior. He also played four years of basketball for the Blue Devils and competed four years as a track and field athlete at ECCHS.
The investigation continues by local authorities.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

holy ####. :(***

Jul 5, 2019, 8:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You gotta be kidding me.

Jul 5, 2019, 8:09 PM

RIP Ty Dye.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow :(***

Jul 5, 2019, 8:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Jul 5, 2019, 8:12 PM

So so sad. Unreal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2019, 8:14 PM

This got me to thinking. I remember back in the day, in order to graduate from certain colleges, you had to take a swim class and test. I did at my college. Nothing hard, super basic. This should be implemented at all levels of education. I understand not all high schools have pools but most communities do. Would be good to see some kind of standard implemented to keep this from happening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2019, 8:21 PM

I'd been swimming and trying to water ski since 6yr old... my senior year bday at the lake.. for some reason my knee and hip locked up in the water. Although I had one good leg and two good arms I FREAKED. I remember yelling a few curse words before a friend realized I wasn't playing and swam out to calm me and help me in. #### HAPPENS sometimes. But it shouldn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Knew a guy in perfect shape, excellent swimmer.

Jul 6, 2019, 10:47 AM

He was 33yo and swimming in a large community pool with his wife and kids. Next thing they know they look over and he's floating. Water was maybe 4 feet deep. Chest high at best. Many thought it must have been a heart attack or something, but it was just drowning according to the autopsy. Horrible.

So many people in the prime of their lives take life for granted. Each day is a gift, I don't care if you're 1yo or 100yo. Your last day could be today, and that's at any given moment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is also in the process of shutting down the Fike

Jul 5, 2019, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: You gotta be kidding me. ]

pool, so that doesn't help matters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had to swim to graduate kindergarten.

Jul 5, 2019, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: You gotta be kidding me. ]

5yo we all went to the ymca every day for months. Swam like a fish by 7yo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can be the best swimmer and still drown.***

Jul 6, 2019, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Re: You gotta be kidding me. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just saw this on the front page. So so sad.***

Jul 5, 2019, 8:36 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well damm :( *****

Jul 5, 2019, 8:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2019, 8:38 AM

Wow....that is sad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 311
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic