Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pajama day at school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 715

Pajama day at school

Jun 4, 2019, 6:12 AM

Ok today is like the third pajama day this year. Son is in 4th grade and refuses to participate. He says no one does. I'm relieved. But where in the hell did this idea come from? I used to literally have nightmares about going to school in pajamas.

Son of has a favorite t-shirt that's too small. Yet he insist on wearing it to school. I'm like fine. Wear it thinking he'd get picked on and stop wearing it. Nope. Then son says no one ever picks on anyone at school and I'm like ###? There is a place and usefulness for bullying.

Anyway evidently it's a different world than when I was a kid. Not sure how these kids will turn out. But peer pressure and bullying have a place if for no other reason than making you care about how you dress. You certainly have to deal with it in the real world. Guess when I'm 80 I'll see how this all turns out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s not for the kids

Jun 4, 2019, 7:09 AM

It’s an excuse for the teachers to dress like slobs.

Maybe your kid is the bully and all the other kids are too scared to tell him his shirt is too small?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

If so he hides it well.***

Jun 4, 2019, 8:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^this rightcheer^^^

Jun 4, 2019, 11:04 AM [ in reply to It’s not for the kids ]

I frikkin' hate it because my two youngest use it as an excuse to go in as disheveled as possible. Like they don't have to brush their teeth if they're going to school like they are in bed.

You're right. It's for lardbucket teachers' to be comfortable.

Disclosure: Mrs. PAW works in a school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: school's been out like 2-3 weeks here.....

Jun 4, 2019, 7:49 AM

too many snow days your way or something?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Some hurricane that wasn't that bad where they

Jun 4, 2019, 8:26 AM

Evacuated half the state for a week..... That one. Schools closed for five days to be shelters that were never close to needed. That one. Oh and one snow day where a flake never fell.

Yep, it's weird...

Jun 4, 2019, 8:34 AM

my oldest son wears practically the same outfit to school every #### day. Gym shorts and a Clemson natty t-shirt. The neck is stretched out on the t-shirt because he wears it at least twice a week. Then one day he'll throw on a Johnny Cash concert t with jeans and actually look like he gives a ####. Next day, back to slob.

As far as I can tell it doesn't cause him any embarrassment. But if I'm playing music too loud when I drop him at school he's completely mortified.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kids today have it too easy. My Dad dropped me and a buddy

Jun 4, 2019, 8:36 AM

off at school in a Chevy S-10 with cig smoke pouring out of the windows. He would play the music really loud, oldies station, and serenade us when we would open the doors. Keep the windows rolled down as he sang to us when we ran into Junior High. I was mortified at the time, makes me laugh now.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh get this. It's a regular and evidently common thing for

Jun 4, 2019, 8:40 AM

Parents to come and eat lunch with their kids. For no reason. Some parents do this nearly every day. My parents came to eat lunch with me at school exactly zero times. Ever.

And some parents walk their kids to their classroom up to third grade. ###?

Like I said when I'm 80 we'll see where this goes.

That's sick. Probably bordering on child abuse

Jun 4, 2019, 9:16 AM

Those are going to be the most socially ###### up kids. 100% chance they'll be diagnosed with 'anxiety' sooner than later.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went and had lunch w/ my kids 2 Fridays ago for no reason

Jun 4, 2019, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Oh get this. It's a regular and evidently common thing for ]

other than my daughter had asked me to, and i had the day 'off', so I didn't really have a good excuse not to. She finishes 5th grade tomorrow, and that's only the 2nd time I've done it tho....hopefully it's not 'allowed' in middle school

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, you had it easy.

Jun 4, 2019, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Kids today have it too easy. My Dad dropped me and a buddy ]

I walked 7 miles to school barefoot over broken glass uphill all the way dragging cinder blocks chained around my neck. On the way back, I was chased by ravenous wolves through burning desert sands wearing barbed wire underwear. When I got home, I still had to cut the grass every day and milk the cats.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had tenet farmers to do that work.***

Jun 4, 2019, 8:44 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We did too....at first.

Jun 4, 2019, 8:46 AM

Then, the velociraptors came and ate them all.

The 60's were a helluva time, huh?***

Jun 4, 2019, 8:54 AM

You have no clue

Jun 4, 2019, 10:49 AM

what dropping acid and trying to kill velociraptors while listening to Ten Years After on eight track is like.

don't know why, but "milk the cats" made me literally LOL

Jun 4, 2019, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Wow, you had it easy. ]

that's a very interesting visual...

By the way, you had it easy. We were too poor for pencils and paper, so I had to hack ice blocks out of a frozen lake, tote them to school, and take notes with a hammer and chisel. Then run back home and study before they melted...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

15 mile bus ride here

Jun 4, 2019, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Kids today have it too easy. My Dad dropped me and a buddy ]

I think I was the 2nd stop. Second kid on in AM, next to last kid off in PM. Over an hour ride each way.

The ride to Hades couldn't be much worse.

Our middle school bus ride was a close experience to

Jun 4, 2019, 9:51 AM

what Abu Gharib was like. Add to that the potential race war that was on the verge of breaking out at any moment, and it was an excellent learning and growth environment.

LOL....the bus ride.

Jun 4, 2019, 9:57 AM

Every DAY at Beck Middle School was a veritable race war. Amirite Lakebum1®?

Now they've moved the school out of the ghetto and made it a magnet "academy". The pussification of America continues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just LOL at talking race wars and NOT being from

Jun 4, 2019, 10:01 AM

York Junior High School

*Yoke****

Jun 4, 2019, 10:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet they don't even have to go to the bathroom in teams

Jun 4, 2019, 10:13 AM [ in reply to LOL....the bus ride. ]

anymore for safety. Really sad we raise children to be this soft. I really think that kind of environment develops communication skills you simply won't get anywhere else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Younger son is meticulous...

Jun 4, 2019, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Yep, it's weird... ]

about doing his hair and making sure he has on some cologne before school. He's got a girlfriend and usually three other girls showing interest. But then he'll come downstairs in jeans that are practically jorts and two sizes too small in the waist.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, girls fight now. And fight over boys.

Jun 4, 2019, 9:59 AM

My son has two who literally got in a fight over him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h3PAIrthTc

was really hoping this thread would be about

Jun 4, 2019, 8:44 AM

Teachers in lingerie.

Say la vee

You can rest easy, good sir.

Jun 4, 2019, 9:48 AM

There will be plenty of bullying, clique formations, and irrational socioeconomic segmentation in middle school. Kids are just late bloomers these days.

Middle school? I thought you were talking about work

Jun 4, 2019, 9:52 AM

Its kinda the same.

lol middle school is the WORST***

Jun 4, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to You can rest easy, good sir. ]

I really wish some kids would bully my son about the

Jun 4, 2019, 10:36 AM

goofy-ass things he does and says, being a little bitch sometimes, etc....i get in trouble when I do it, not that he listens to me anyway

Egg Zachary my point. Son of is not going to listen to me

Jun 4, 2019, 10:54 AM

half asleep at 6am when I tell him his shirt's too small. So I let him wear it. Kids tease him because it's too small. He comes home, and trashes the shirt and wears shirts that fit (he has at least 10). But I'm NOT getting the positive reinforcement I need from kids these days in raising my son. I am under the assumption that if he does something stupid at school, or whatever, he WILL BE CRITICIZED and then respond accordingly. This is the job of the KIDS at the school.

I walked in there one morning before classes started, but after dropping son of off. There were literally hundreds of kids sitting out in the hallway. BEFORE school. So you would expect the place to be loud, kids laughing, having fun, running around, whatever. BUT NO. It was like the freaking twilight zone. 100+ kids just sitting in the hallways, either reading, playing something on an electronic device, drawing, whatever. NOT ONE KID spoke. No conversations. No cutting up. No laughing. No yelling. No social interaction. Just nothing. It was creepy really.

Anyway, when I'm 80 I'll see where this all leads. Can't be good.

There is a place and usefulness for bullying?

Jun 4, 2019, 10:55 AM

there is not many stupider statements than this on this bored

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

^^^ got bullied in school***

Jun 4, 2019, 11:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Man, I did, and it SUCKED out loud. We aint talking about

Jun 4, 2019, 12:02 PM

being picked on, I'm talking about being real deal bullied. It was like 3rd or 4th grade and I still remember it. Yall don't want your kid to be bullied, you just want his friends to make fun of them enough to spark change. I got over mine pretty quick, mainly because the guys couldn't pass whatever grade we were in so they got left behind, but some kids never get over that stuff.

I was bullied by two cousins in middle school.

Jun 4, 2019, 12:06 PM

teachers wouldn't do anything so my dad told me to fight back. So I did. Jumped over the table in the lunch room and handled business.

Assistant Principal called my dad in after I got suspended and told him what happened. Dad said "Yeah I know, I told him to" AP was shocked and told him we don't handle business like that here. He then caught an ear full from my father.

Wasn't bullied again.

Both ended up on the hard stuff for many many years. One has turned things around for his family, the other is still on the smack.

I still won.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

You gotta put that doubt in their head that you might just

Jun 4, 2019, 12:15 PM

be crazier than they are. People don't mess with people they think are crazier than them.

I feel like the hard part these days would be teaching your kid to be sly about revenge, and not get caught. "Stab him with a pencil, but make sure there are no witnesses."

If you want someone to run away from you, take off all your

Jun 4, 2019, 1:52 PM

clothes and start screaming.

And this is the utility of bullying.

Jun 4, 2019, 12:20 PM [ in reply to I was bullied by two cousins in middle school. ]

Teaches you to stand up for yourself.

And bullies usually grow up to be losers. Ran into one a few years ago in Best Buy. He was selling TV's. I actually wanted to buy one that day but left and came back during a different shift. Prior to his Best Buy career he was a bowling hustler, just like in the movie KingPin. His dad made his money selling #### (pre-internet days).

I was bullied as a kid a bunch. One kid was worse than the

Jun 4, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Man, I did, and it SUCKED out loud. We aint talking about ]

rest though. He was bigger than me, tall for his age I guess, and was a real jerk. He'd push me down, trip me, kick me, all kinds of abuse. This went on for literally a year or two.

Anyway we are all playing one day, my friends and I, and the bullies came by. Started in as usual. I caught it the worst as usual. Well, I finally had enough and just waited for the inevitable to happen. Took all of maybe 10 minutes. Bully pushed me down. As he was standing over me laughing I put a heel into his nuts. He keeled over. I got up and kicked him in the face as he was bent over holding his nuts. He flew back and fell to the ground blood gushing from his nose. 2 more kicks to the ribs and I walked off.

He went home crying to his parents. My parents NEVER got a call from his parents. He NEVER bothered me or my friends again. No one ever picked on me again in the neighborhood.

He and I both learned a valuable lesson that day.

At school (not in the neighborhood so different kids and bullies) I used to get picked on a lot. 7th grade I tried out for football and I was on a mission. Coach placed me at linebacker. I loved it. I LAID out everyone I hit, and the ones who picked on me in the past, I laid out the worst. I was known for hitting hard, and those former bullies ended up respecting that. Some even became my friends later in high school. From 7th grade on I was never picked on again at school.

Statement(s) is plural, therefore it should be

Jun 4, 2019, 11:50 AM [ in reply to There is a place and usefulness for bullying? ]

"there are not many stupider statements than this on this bored". Actually bored is spelled board in this context.

See, I bullied you. You bullied me by calling me stupid.

See where this goes....

That is bullying?***

Jun 4, 2019, 12:01 PM

Is today.***

Jun 4, 2019, 12:14 PM

yet I didn't call you stupid

Jun 4, 2019, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Statement(s) is plural, therefore it should be ]

I said your statement was stupid. It's slightly different

Then there is the story of the kid that gets bullied and then offs him/herself. Not every bully situation causes the kid to stand up and fight back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

That is the ultimate form of self critiquing***

Jun 4, 2019, 3:18 PM

I had lunch with my son on his birthday.

Jun 4, 2019, 6:34 PM

He selected some friends and ee went outside and found some picnic tables. After the kids are they began to run around playing tag until one teacher came up and told us no playing during lunch. I was embarrassed because the kids hot in a little trouble under my watch. Kinda funny now though...

Replies: 44
| visibility 715
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic