Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How confident are you in Clemson MBB going forward?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

How confident are you in Clemson MBB going forward?

Dec 22, 2017, 9:38 PM

It's taken longer than I would've liked but I think Brownell has the ball rolling now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How confident are you in Clemson MBB going forward?

Dec 22, 2017, 9:43 PM

I’m confident. Stoked. Will know a lot more after next weekend with NC State. Think they’ve lost 3 games but two and possibly 3 were good competition. Uncg was a head scratcher but who knows they may turn out to be a good team this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel good

Dec 22, 2017, 10:03 PM

(They should make a song) this is a quality team with quality depth, can play half court or ramp up the pace as needed. Seem to be able to dictate the flow of the game as opposed to reacting to it. Lots of scoring options and confidence is growing.

BB is a good coach who is under appreciated by Clemson fans. He is also an extremely ethical man who loves Clemson.

He seldom out talents teams but is rarely beat badly or look unprepared schematically.

If Thomas can play without getting into foul trouble in conf Play, this team will be one tough, tough out for anybody!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So true!***

Dec 22, 2017, 10:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel good Brownell is a very good coach, he just needed more talent.

Dec 22, 2017, 9:45 PM

Basketball recruiting is all about relationships, which take time to build. It is also about facilities, which he just got in year 7. It is no coincidence that our recruiting has improved significantly the last couple of years.

I feel very good about Brownell and his staff developing players. He seems to get a lot out of every player’s talents and skills. When you look back at his tenure, he has been able to take teams with inferior talent and made them competitive. That is no easy feat.

This year’s team is Brownell’s best, and I believe that it has a chance to be our best team since Rick Barnes’s Sweet 16 team. This is definitely an NCAA team.

Moving forward, I feel very good about the foundation. The younger players on the team are accomplished basketball players, not just good athletes who play basketball. We haven’t had many players like that in our 100+ year basketball history, much less on the same team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I'm encouraged

Dec 23, 2017, 12:54 AM

I won't be confident of post-season prospects until after we've seen what this team does against conference competition. So far so good; no losses to Gardner Webb or anything like that. But we have a long way to go.

As far as this team having some of the best players in 100+ years of Clemson basketball... that's a little silly. Are you old enough to remember the team in this video? They were one second away from the Elite 8. This was a great Clemson basketball team. The late 80's Ellis teams were for real, especially at Littlejohn.

https://youtu.be/suG5MRdHmSI

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I feel good Brownell is a very good coach, he just needed more talent.

Dec 23, 2017, 6:47 AM [ in reply to I feel good Brownell is a very good coach, he just needed more talent. ]

> Basketball recruiting is all about relationships,
> which take time to build. It is also about
> facilities, which he just got in year 7. It is no
> coincidence that our recruiting has improved
> significantly the last couple of years.
>
> I feel very good about Brownell and his staff
> developing players. He seems to get a lot out of
> every player’s talents and skills. When you look back
> at his tenure, he has been able to take teams with
> inferior talent and made them competitive. That is no
> easy feat.
>
> This year’s team is Brownell’s best, and I believe
> that it has a chance to be our best team since Rick
> Barnes’s Sweet 16 team. This is definitely an NCAA
> team.
>
> Moving forward, I feel very good about the
> foundation. The younger players on the team are
> accomplished basketball players, not just good
> athletes who play basketball. We haven’t had many
> players like that in our 100+ year basketball
> history, much less on the same team.

I agree completely. CBB May turn into our basketball version of Frank Beamer. A coach who took over a program with limited historical success, survived several tough years but proved to be a quality program builder

At this moment, more confident than since year 1.

Dec 22, 2017, 10:00 PM

I thought that Brownell should have been fired after last year, and said so. I thought it was pointless to keep him after 6 years of poor results. Right now, it sure looks like I was wrong; this team has talent, depth, and heart. Sure looks like a tournament team to me. Nobody would be happier for this to be the start of bigger and better things for Clemson basketball, and some hard-earned vindication for Brad Brownell.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You can put me in this camp. I'd always felt CBB's

Dec 23, 2017, 10:53 AM

recruiting was better than most gave him credit for - it hasn't been lights out but always steady forward, year after year. I got more frustrated with Brownell's struggles in closing out wins, and I didn't see any movement there through his tenure. He's shown a lot more fire in his belly on the sidelines this season - would be great to see him and the team maintain that and prove a lot of people wrong, myself included.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two Words

Dec 22, 2017, 10:22 PM

Zion Williamson.

Dec 22, 2017, 10:25 PM

This is an NCAA tournament team. We are good. Could lose first round or could go on a little run. Wouldn’t be shocked with wither. I think Sweey 16 is realistic with anything more than that a dream run like the Gamecocks last year

Dec 22, 2017, 10:53 PM

Extremely confident. This is the most complete team that we’ve had in recent memory. 5 guys are averaging double figures in scoring (this could change but I can’t recall if that has ever happened in our history) and we are making teams work for every possession on defense. Time will tell but I think we could at least win 12 games in ACC play, which will give us a great seed in the tourney.

Dec 23, 2017, 12:12 AM

Slow down there. I love the confidence...don't get me wrong. But we've never (in school history) even won 11 in the league, much less 12. I'll be stoked if we get those kinds of results. 12 league wins will see us contending for the regular season title late in February.

Dec 23, 2017, 4:07 AM

Seen this before! Be lucky to get in NCAA 's

8-10 in acc at best .

Boy have we seen it many many times before. Rip through

Dec 23, 2017, 9:02 AM

the non conference schedule then fall apart when we start playing the ACC.

Really? Last year is probably the only time that has

Dec 23, 2017, 9:12 AM

happened in Brad's tenure. Most of our promising seasons under Brad have been ruined by the time league play starts and then he gets it together and the team goes .500 or so in the ACC.

I'm all in...***

Dec 23, 2017, 7:02 AM

Confident in what? Making the NCAAT?***

Dec 23, 2017, 9:06 AM

Slowly gaining confidence...I like this team a lot...

Dec 23, 2017, 10:10 AM

They seem to have a chemistry that last year's team did not have.
Grantham & DeVoe are leading well.
The transfers bring experience and Mitchell, Reed, & Thomas play well together (maybe they just needed a year to really 'gel'.
Skara looks like a solid pickup.
Donnal can spell Thomas on occasion.

And the freshman look terrific...they will have their moments. Trapp and Simms are going to be terrific players.

We had a good non-conference slate...those wins will keep looking better (Florida will probably do very well in the sec, and so will SCAR)...and even the loss to Temple won't be a 'bad loss' later.

All that said...the ACC is a grind. It is crucial to get off to a good start, as the first week or two looks manageable. There are some stretches where it will be really difficult. Team will need to stay mentally sharp when a loss comes.

We have NCSU and @ BC next...would be nice to get those 2 and start out 2-0.

Still waiting to see...but gaining confidence

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic