Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson basketball summed up, take your pick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,025

Clemson basketball summed up, take your pick

Feb 18, 2019, 2:04 PM

So choose your poison.
- mid tier aCC team every year with a chance at a 9 or 10 seed in the tourney coupled with stability at the coaching position and clean run program.

or

- a borderline elite team with a high potential coach that achieves much but usually leaves after 3-4 years

or

- an abysmal coach that has no clue and puts us down in the gutter every year for 5-6 years a clip?

That seems to always be M.O. of our Clemson basketball program. We've had the Cliff Ellis's, the Rick Barnes's and the Larry Shyatt's... Right now i'd say we're the mid pack team that has a chance for the tourney every year but the upside will always be about a 6/7 out of 10. But its real easy to go back to the Ray Henderson/Tomas Nagys days where we're around 1/3 out of 10... I love the Rick Barnes style too, its alot of fun but only lasts for a temporary amount of time and its usually short lived (but really fun!) and it steadies around the 8-10 out of 10.

OR Maybe we just play the carousel game and hope to hit the lottery every so often? Either way, realize Basketball at Clemson does not = Football at Clemson. There won't be a ton of heavy hitters looking to put down roots at Clemson in basketball. It is what it is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's what I can tell you about my time as a

Feb 18, 2019, 2:20 PM

Clemson basketball fan from when I became a student until now:

I liked the Barnes era more than the Shyatt era.

I liked the OP era more than the Shyatt era.

I liked the Barnes and OP eras more than the Brownell era.

I like the Brownell era more than the Shyatt era.

Hth

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thanks, we had been wondering how you ranked the coaches.***

Feb 18, 2019, 2:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You could've just asked, I'm happy to share my opinion

Feb 18, 2019, 2:30 PM

anytime. And that goes for any sport, not just basketball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You are quite a guy, GWPTiger.***

Feb 18, 2019, 2:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

“Guy”?

Feb 18, 2019, 2:36 PM

Lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I'm always here to help out the people

Feb 18, 2019, 2:40 PM [ in reply to You are quite a guy, GWPTiger.*** ]

you know, the little people like you.

I've never heard of nearly every juan of those guys.

Feb 18, 2019, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Here's what I can tell you about my time as a ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,025
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic