Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When did words become equal to actions?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 861

When did words become equal to actions?

Jul 19, 2019, 8:45 AM

BLM can call for shooting cops, dems can scream and insult those who don't agree with them, get in their faces and tell them they aren't welcome in public places without committing political suicide. Why? Why is it ok for dems to spit in a republican's face, strike them with paper cups which are half filled with solid quickset cement, beat the old and helpless without becoming outcast?

Why is it OK for Antifa to vandalize public buildings and private property, beat a gay conservative man in the streets, physically intimidate and assault the helpless and even execute a terrorist attack on a Federal building without any form of condemnation from the democrats in congress or the left in general?

Why are the words of any republican considered worse than these violent actions which the left justifies with its silence?

Why does America put up with this? Why does 'Send her home,' attract more MSM and dem attention than 'Pigs in a blanket, burn them like bacon?'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When did words become equal to actions?

Jul 19, 2019, 8:53 AM

Right after colleges began teaching that words are microagressions and that toxic masculinity was a real thing. What followed was the birth of the snowflake mentality and safe spaces.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Americans have turned off the news. Hth

Jul 19, 2019, 8:55 AM

I try and watch sometimes. Just the other day I saw a story about how horrible the consequences were for some immigration policy of Trump's. It appeared to be cherry picked but what bothered me the most is at no time did it explain Trump's policy or the change it entailed. Just horrible "journalism" however you cut it. It's like they went around and interviewed all the hothead on the issue. Showed some pictures and video clips and never said what the policy was. I turned it off. They may have been able to persuade me if they explained the policy in full detail and how that differed from immigration laws.

Still stick by my assessment this is a fight for economic survival and the rhetoric is smoke and mirrors. First smidgen of wage increases and/or inflation we've seen in decades comes with Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At some point in the past...decade?...it became important NOT to watch news on TV

Jul 19, 2019, 9:27 AM

if you wanted to be informed. TV News is a complete mess, as they gave up objectivity and integrity long ago.

Written journalism is hardly better but at least there it’s not a single narrative that you either watch or don’t watch.

null

The NY Times is doing some great work, with 127 Pulitzers

Jul 19, 2019, 10:25 AM

to show for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At some point in the past...decade?...it became important NOT to watch news on TV

Jul 19, 2019, 6:03 PM [ in reply to At some point in the past...decade?...it became important NOT to watch news on TV ]

Journalism is dead.

Re: At some point in the past...decade?...it became important NOT to watch news on TV

Jul 19, 2019, 6:54 PM

weird, my sister is a producer at NPR after 20 years as an NBC anchor.. Once Sinclair bought her station she was given a laundry list of what she could and could not report on. You know Sinclair right? the conservative media conglomerate that has all but stamped out any objective journalism at local TV networks across the country?

well, she does not have that problem at NPR.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 9:31 AM

Your posts get more idiotic every time.

He's running out of ways to defend this President and GOP.***

Jul 19, 2019, 4:00 PM

Re: He's running out of ways to defend this President and GOP.***

Jul 19, 2019, 4:49 PM

No doubt. He is proving he is an awful human being. He has his fake religion to hide behind. I know one thing. He doesn't belive in his religion at all. He is a fraud. 1988 is scumbag.

Jul 19, 2019, 6:17 PM

That’s some strong logic right there. Go home, you’ve had too much to think.

Jul 20, 2019, 2:34 AM

Pipe down moron. You're though of as a loon here. By everyone.

Jul 19, 2019, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: When did words become equal to actions? ]

Good comeback as always carlsbald. Do you just keep on copying and pasting the same name calling sh@t because your vocabulary is limited? Or are you so dammn stupid you don’t realize you keep posting the same 5th grader puss stuff on every thread?

Jul 19, 2019, 9:47 AM

Extreme conservatives have been violent since the word go. Is it surprising a branch of the extreme left goes the same route? It really shouldn't be. Any extreme tends to head that way sooner or later and one feeds into the other.

What gets me is people acting like conservatives are some innocent put upon and repressed group. You all have been feeding yourselves that crap about being under attack for decades and the nut jobs among you took it to heart and got violent. Now the nut jobs on the other side said F-it and are doing the same.

No one should be run over by a car from some tantrum throwing bigot conservative just like no one should be jumped by a whiny gang of liberal thugs. Put both groups up against a wall, put a bullet in their heads and be done with it.

Meanwhile, everyone else needs to stop acting like everything on the face of the planet is an affront to their very existence. The far-left whines about the use of pronouns while the far right pisses their pants over people saying Happy Holidays.

I do not excuse bad behavior on either side.

Jul 19, 2019, 3:35 PM

If you will look at my history here you will notice that I'm ready to hang anyone from either party who commits a violent act toward another. That is not limited to political acts. There is not excuse for violence.

Violence is not equal to words. Word can be uncivilized, rude, abrasive and even caustic but words are not equal to violence.

The left has everyone in the nation working round the clock to point out racism over a slip of the lip. Nancy Pelosi couldn't speak her mind without being accused of singling out the fake four because she's white and they aren't. These four are the epitome of racism.

They can say whatever they want about anyone they want and no one will challenge them without feeling the repercussions of being labeled racist. Americans have given up their right to challenge these four out of fear of retaliation.

This nation knows that isn't right. Most won't describe it for fear of being called racist. The radicals on the far left have successfully equated perceived racism with violence.

When a far right nutjob commits an act of violence against a minority with a racial prejudice generally, the entire right scrambles to apologize and condemn. I will never apologize for something I didn't do but ask I said, I would hang some of those people on both sides in the town square if their actions merited death.

The left ignores or justifies their violent actors and licks their lips in hope that soon a right winger will do something to change the narrative.

Anyone who thinks America hasn't noticed what's happening is underselling the average American.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: When did words become equal to actions? ]

The difference being the extreme left gets paid to protest. I do agree with the extreme right comment though, but the extreme right isn’t seen, with the exception every now and then of one or two beating the carp out of an antifa thug. They are peace loving people generally, however, once they’re tolerance level is reached and they take to the streets, look out, because they’re not going to stop once they get started. The far right is a dead serious group and every single US state has a large militia that’s not going to sit by and watch their country go down the drain.

None of it is ok.

Jul 19, 2019, 9:57 AM

I'd venture to say most folks would agree that the behavior of either fringe as it veers into violence (or violent rhetoric) is simply not ok and deserves condemnation.

Now as to why one story is getting more TV coverage right now, it may have to do with the fact that the person who holds the highest office in our land has been saying (and inciting) some things that should all give us great pause.

Criticizing him for doing so does not mean I excuse anything from the other side. This isn't an us vs them thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Words are actions.***

Jul 19, 2019, 10:15 AM

In case it needs to be said...

Jul 19, 2019, 10:34 AM

None of the things you talked about in your post are even remotely close to being OK, and I would hope no one here would disagree with that.

You guys have gone from dry-humping his racist words

Jul 19, 2019, 10:17 AM

to wishing they would disappear into the ether.

They don't call it The Bully Pulpit for nothing. He has the biggest megaphone and is the leader of your party.

Bunch of #### snowflakes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys have gone from dry-humping his racist words

Jul 19, 2019, 10:46 AM

Scumbags.

Re: You guys have gone from dry-humping his racist words

Jul 19, 2019, 1:04 PM [ in reply to You guys have gone from dry-humping his racist words ]

Trump says something horrible and/or attacks a group of Americans.

Trumpies: "I love how Trump gets under libtard skin! Owning the libs! He isn't scared to speak his mind! Hahaha!:

Someone else publicly says something Trumpies don't like.

Trumpies:

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

A lot of hyperbole here.

Jul 19, 2019, 12:24 PM

BLM can call for shooting cops,

The official organization BLM has never called for shooting cops. I'm sure some idiots have shouted that term and called for it to happen, but this isn't the position of the organization.

dems can scream and insult those who don't agree with them, get in their faces and tell them they aren't welcome in public places without committing political suicide. Why? Why is it ok for dems to spit in a republican's face, strike them with paper cups which are half filled with solid quickset cement, beat the old and helpless without becoming outcast?

This is just silly. "Dems". You take a small handful of idiots and label anyone among them a Dem. There are millions of "Dems" who don't engage in this behavior. I can find you examples of a "Pub" doing something equally atrocious. Does that mean all "Pubs" do that? No. You know this is a silly generalization.

Why is it OK for Antifa to vandalize public buildings and private property, beat a gay conservative man in the streets, physically intimidate and assault the helpless and even execute a terrorist attack on a Federal building without any form of condemnation from the democrats in congress or the left in general?

It's not. Those things are against the law.

Why are the words of any republican considered worse than these violent actions which the left justifies with its silence?

Why does America put up with this? Why does 'Send her home,' attract more MSM and dem attention than 'Pigs in a blanket, burn them like bacon?'

To flip your post around, why is the President's violent and hateful rhetoric acceptable. Why have you not once--not one single time--stood up against what he's said or Tweeted?

Is there an elected official calling for the murder of cops? No? Then don't compare it.

If you can't see the problem with the President of the United States demanding that any American-born citizen "go back home" to their country of ancestral origin for disagreeing politically, there's not much you're going to get.

He is actively working to divide our nation and you embrace it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Who said those things you described are ok?

Jul 19, 2019, 2:02 PM

As far as why does the send her home chant get more MSM attention, it’s because it was pretty much endorsed by the President of the United States, while the others acts were committed by random people.

And before you say “but Trump came out and said he didn’t like the chant,” he only made that statement because of all the public outcry from both parties. In the moment, he stopped his speech so that the chant could go on. Only after public condemnation from both sides did he try to save face and say he didn’t like it.

Random people don't attack two gov facilities within a week.

Jul 19, 2019, 3:40 PM

Antifa is not a random person. Antifa is a well organized and funded radical group of far left terrorist.

In all the antifa actions reported here on this board one person other than conservatives have spoken out against antifa. They stick their heads in the sand instead of decrying the antifa violence but the will surely point out any and every slipped word or inaction by a republican.

American aren't too asleep or stupid to notice.

At this point, Antifas antics are expected. Not condoned

Jul 19, 2019, 4:00 PM

even accepted. But this crap has been going on for a while, most everyone has discussed it and spoken against it, so even though it continues to happen, its not exactly “news” anymore and is just expected from them. Not saying that’s right, but that’s my opinion as to why.

As for Trumps comments, and his de facto endorsement of that chant, that’s not expected from a President, which is why it is blowing up in the news.

You are discussing this with someone who...

Jul 19, 2019, 4:25 PM

heard the 'Love it or leave it,' in the 1960s and early 1970s. I wanted the war to end because all it did for America is kill our children and money. After hearing a few older friend tell me that none of the Viet Nam people wanting us there except the most wealth and powerful I decided we were pizzing up a rope.

I also pulled for civil rights. I didn't march because I no one in my small TN town had racial issues and there was no reason for any of us to march. I was there when my black friends started attending Rockwood high school. They live within a block of my grandparents and their parents all shopped at my grandparents store.

When someone told me to love it or leave it I said fix it or #### it. I was a conservative then and I have not been moved. My party voted for civil rights when LBJ couldn't get enough dems to pass the bill.

I didn't like love it or leave it then any more than I like fix it or #### it now. My attitude toward America has not changed. America like any nation is going to make mistakes. The Iraq war, the strong justice reforms of the 1990s which brought great harm to minorities are examples. But now I understand why people say love it or leave and can recall why I said fix it or #### it. I was the wrong because I was suggesting a scorched earth type campaign while the love it or leave it crowd was only telling me to get over myself. I had not intent to destroy America but that is what I was saying.

The left ran a scorched earth campaign back then. Bill Aires and Black Panthers. Both were terrorist groups who would destroy this nation without prejudice. They hated America then and that spirit lives on the far left even now. I hated what they did then and I hate it now. They solved nothing. This government can be changed by legislation not with violence.

Huh?***

Jul 19, 2019, 4:27 PM

At this point, Antifas antics are expected. Not condoned

Jul 19, 2019, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Random people don't attack two gov facilities within a week. ]

even accepted. But this crap has been going on for a while, most everyone has discussed it and spoken against it, so even though it continues to happen, its not exactly “news” anymore and is just expected from them. Not saying that’s right, but that’s my opinion as to why.

As for Trumps comments, and his de facto endorsement of that chant, that’s not expected from a President, which is why it is blowing up in the news.

You don't think Trump's strong words are expect but not...

Jul 19, 2019, 4:26 PM

condoned?

A president’s endorsement of that chant was surprising.

Jul 19, 2019, 4:30 PM

Because it’s Trump I guess it shouldn’t be surprising, but I think most people expected even he wouldn’t endorse that kind of hate chant. However trump continues to prove again he is even more of a scumbag than we think.

Yet Antifas antics have not been denounced by the dims, or

Jul 19, 2019, 6:24 PM [ in reply to At this point, Antifas antics are expected. Not condoned ]

anyone on the left. Not one.

They support it through silence.

There has to be some sane democrats that think this is horrible thing, but NOTHING from Pelosi, Cortez, Schoomer, Talib, Omar, Pressley, Warren, Sanders, Biden, Booker, Kamalabama, (the lifeless) Francis O'Rourke, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS...

You leftists have gone over the edge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Yet they all raise moral helll over Trump's tweets.

Jul 19, 2019, 10:05 PM

That was the point. They have pubs apologizing for ever radical right wing nut meanwhile they support violence. Anyone who thinks america isn't watching this is a fool.

That "radical nut" is the freaking POTUS

Jul 19, 2019, 10:48 PM

and comparing the head of your party and the leader of this country to some extremists who hold no political power is an obvious "whataboutism" attempt and don't think people reading it don't think you a fool for doing it.

It's not whataboutism.

Jul 19, 2019, 11:44 PM

It was a compare and contrast example to point out the obvious and severe hypocrisy of the left.

BTW, you accused me of spinning the Trump tweet to make it a positive for Trump. Just about everyone in the country saw Nancy, every other dem in congress and the dem candidates defend and embrace the flab four returning them to the fold and making the entire party look like they are embracing socialism. Now it's American vs Socialism and I'm loling at you for allowing your emotions to disrupt your perceptions.

I was correct in my view and you're stuck with the socialist label and Trump being up to 49% in handeling the job (NBC Poll) and 50% favorability (Rasmussen).

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

lol, that's the definition of whataboutism

Jul 20, 2019, 12:18 AM

from wiki: "Whataboutism attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument."

BTW: fivethirtyeight still has Trump at 42%, but you have fun with your selective polling.

Haha maybe it wasn’t reported on Fox News,

Jul 20, 2019, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Yet Antifas antics have not been denounced by the dims, or ]

but yes Dems have denounced it. Here’s just one example:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/08/30/pelosi-condemns-violent-actions-of-antifa-protesters/?utm_term=.235ce33ef5e8

It’s amazing how you Trumpsters like to make those idiotic claims without doing any research on your own, y’all sound really stupid. Just parroting what Fox and Rush tell you.

Also I’m not a leftist btw. I’m and independent that sees the stupidity on both sides. It’s very apparent from the trump camp.

Because the media is pushing an agenda.

Jul 19, 2019, 6:24 PM

Their job is to shape public perception. They typically make small events and stories look like a great big nationwide trend. They also isolate large issues that don’t fit their agenda and make them look small or they can hide them completely simply by not reporting it. Just 5 “news” organizations control what viewers see, think, accept, reject, feel, like, hate, etc. Too many people let the news do their thinking for them.

Re: Because the media is pushing an agenda.

Jul 19, 2019, 6:48 PM

Correct, and some let the hot air in their head flow to their sausage like fingers and they right click copy/paste the same 4th grade name calling sh@t on every thread if you don’t believe in the same hate the left breeds.

what a good take down of CT88's post about antifa

Jul 19, 2019, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Because the media is pushing an agenda. ]

and how the right-wing media uses them.

I assume that was your intention because of how well what you wrote fits that narrative.

Yes, most of the conservative news sites reported that...

Jul 19, 2019, 11:52 PM

Antifa attacked that gay guy and attacked an ICE facility. I think one liberal network mentioned them.

How many and who reported it didn't change that Antifa attacked the gay conservative reporter and attempted to fire bombed the ICE facility which turned into a shootout between the cops and the Antifa member that ended with the cop killing the guy.

How that doesn't prove my point is beyond you because the main stream media does your thinking for you. BTW, I read liberal websites and keep up with the MSM more than most liberals. I'm retired and I have time to waste until football season starts.

Replies: 40
| visibility 861
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic