Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Players should just be banned from Twitter year round
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 101
| visibility 1

Players should just be banned from Twitter year round

Jan 15, 2019, 9:33 AM

Not a good look on the university having one of our players bash the POTUS after he just honored our team.

https://twitter.com/thekjhenry_/status/1085176394986987520

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey KJ

Jan 15, 2019, 9:37 AM

Ready for the season? its your time bro. Standards are high, the shoes are big.. gotta put in that work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Players should just be banned from Twitter year round

Jan 15, 2019, 9:40 AM

Pretty funny actually. It wasn't that harsh. It is a slippery slope though.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Did KJ's tweet offend you? #### snowflake *****

Jan 15, 2019, 9:41 AM

Re: Did KJ's tweet offend you? #### snowflake *****

Jan 15, 2019, 9:43 AM

It didn't offend me but just imagine if the national media picks up on this. They are looking for anything and everything to make Trump look bad and they'll spin it as "Clemson didn't want to be there" because of one idiotic tweet. It's just not a good look and isn't worth the trouble to tweet something like this.

Trump makes himself look bad, doesn't need help **

Jan 15, 2019, 9:44 AM

Re: Trump makes himself look bad, doesn't need help **

Jan 15, 2019, 9:47 AM

He honored our team, had nothing but nice things to say and pay out of his own pocket for our meals. Yea, he's definitely the one that looks bad in this scenario....It makes our school look like a bunch of ungrateful brats.

He turned it into a political stunt. He politicized it

Jan 15, 2019, 10:12 AM

He could have served them something befitting a trip to the White House regardless of the shutdown, but stacks of Big Macs make for better headlines. Sure, they were cold by the time any of the players got to eat one, but that's not important. Then he gets to talk more about himself and the Democrats, when this was supposed to be about the National Champions.

Even in the one tweet he made about the visit, he 1) mentions the shutdown 2) reminds us that they ate fast food because of it 3) brags about having paid for it 4) now bumps it up to "over 1,000 hamberders"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1085159285208858624

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He turned it into a political stunt. He politicized it

Jan 15, 2019, 10:32 AM

From what I understand, the players requested it.

If they really wanted Big Macs they could get them

Jan 15, 2019, 10:35 AM

at the airport on the way back to Clemson.

Why does Trump have the cheaps? Or is he just that broke?***

Jan 15, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump makes himself look bad, doesn't need help ** ]

Re: Trump makes himself look bad, doesn't need help **

Jan 15, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Trump makes himself look bad, doesn't need help ** ]

Liberal spin. SMH

Any press is good press... RIP Eric Wright.***

Jan 15, 2019, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Did KJ's tweet offend you? #### snowflake ***** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Did KJ's tweet offend you? #### snowflake *****

Jan 15, 2019, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Did KJ's tweet offend you? #### snowflake ***** ]

Wow!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 9:41 AM

If he thinks Trump actually types his own tweets then he's the dumb one.

Jan 15, 2019, 9:42 AM

He usually does actually. That's what is crazy.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:14 AM

What's even more crazy, is that he even has a twitter account as our sitting president!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven't you got a San Fran trashing chat room to be in?

Jan 15, 2019, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Players should just be banned from Twitter year round ]

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Haven't you got a San Fran trashing chat room to be in?

Jan 16, 2019, 9:37 AM

You tried. That's what counts.

So you want to create a stalinesque control on the football team so that it

Jan 15, 2019, 9:43 AM

Doesn’t reflect negatively on our university. I’m sure the recruits would flock to that place.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you want to create a stalinesque control on the football team so that it

Jan 15, 2019, 9:46 AM

I was half joking with that but they should definitely be held accountable for their tweets. I can't imagine the Clemson social media staff will let this tweet stay up too long.

Hold Trump accountable for his *****

"Held accountable" did KJ knock over a liquor store?

Jan 15, 2019, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: So you want to create a stalinesque control on the football team so that it ]

He.misses Obama.. nothing won FG with that..I miss my 12 inch phosgates

Obama likely can spell hamburger.. so that is likely true.

The tweet did misspell hamburger..so that is true...

What exactly happened here? Who do we burn at the stake?

I imagine it this tweet will go absolutely nowhere***

Jan 15, 2019, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: So you want to create a stalinesque control on the football team so that it ]

Imagine how many recruits would flock

Jan 15, 2019, 9:47 AM [ in reply to So you want to create a stalinesque control on the football team so that it ]

Imagine how many recruits would flock to Clemson if they read Tigernet daily and saw the "real" Clemson fans.

Pretty sad players are not allowed to voice their opinions

Our players should have a right to voice their opinions, good or bad. KJ is correct, Trump needs help!

Looks like he had the right and he used it !!!

Jan 15, 2019, 10:04 AM

Go Tigers !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I paid”

Such a humble guy.

Jan 15, 2019, 9:45 AM

What a pathetic comment! Hopefully nobody else noticed, and one must wonder if President Obama even would have had the event, and especially paid for the the hamburgers. Ever misspelled a word on Twitter? I don't know how he has/takes time to tweet all he does. It's no wonder he would misspell a word, IMO.

Oh, and I do wonder and dream of all the great things a President could do with just a trace of cooperation from the other party.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:36 AM

Not sure if you're serious. Trump is a billionaire so I don't think he deserves any props for footing a few thousand dollar McDonalds bill. It's also impossible to tell what Obama would have done because he was never in this position, though I highly doubt Big Macs would have been on the menu if ANY other president was in office.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:39 AM

It's not the amount of money, it's the gesture. I swear man, I wonder what kind of upbringing some of you had. If I had talked trash about someone who just bought my meal my parents would have slapped the taste out of my mouth.

Jan 15, 2019, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Players should just be banned from Twitter year round ]

Wow! Envious much? Bye, bye!

LOL hamberders. What a clown, get 'em KJ

Jan 15, 2019, 9:46 AM

Trump is literally bragging about paying for the cold-ass fast food he bought for a photo-op.

Re: LOL hamberders. What a clown, get 'em KJ***

Jan 15, 2019, 9:48 AM

We all know the burgers were likely not close to all eaten.

Jan 15, 2019, 9:50 AM

You know Trump made sure they ordered enough for him to have plenty of leftovers.

Jan 15, 2019, 9:59 AM

1k cold burgers? How many is that per man? No they weren't even close to all eaten.

Trump is a racist.

It's hard to have respect for someone who doesn't respect you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump is a racist.

Jan 15, 2019, 9:55 AM

You are full of shyatt

Consider how Trump has gone after NFL players, guys like

Jan 15, 2019, 11:11 PM

KJ and everyone else in that room last night that he's 'honoring' as school kids, but once they turn pro and start getting paid he uses them as base riling targets and divisors - outspoken black athletes get the wrath like no one's business from POTUS.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Trump is a racist. ]

Dumbest claim out there against Trump, because it is demonstrably false by definition.

In both private business and as President, Trump has promoted women and other minorities to positions of remarkable prominence and responsibility. A racist wouldn't do that.

Those who continually make this claim just make themselves look stupid. And I am hardly a fan of Donald Trump.

Trump is a racist, misogynistic, xenophobic bigot.

He began his campaign on a racist lie and he's been doubling down since.

Defend him all you want, but the fact remains, he is a racist, misogynistic, xenophobic bigot and it makes you look naively dishonest, at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not at all true.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:23 AM

Z

Of course it is true and it makes you look naive, at best,

Jan 15, 2019, 10:26 AM

to pretend otherwise.

What is THE single greatest predictor of Trump support?

Racial animus.

Is that you hillary ?

Jan 15, 2019, 10:42 AM

You have to get the brainwashed award for 2019. Thank you for letting us know there are people out there like you.

baahhhhh baaahhhhhhhhhh

Jan 15, 2019, 10:52 AM

SHEEPLE UNITE!

You ARE a waste of human flesh

Jan 15, 2019, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Of course it is true and it makes you look naive, at best, ]

-Doc

You are a waste of fecal material.

Jan 15, 2019, 9:19 PM

- Chuck

Re: Trump is a racist, misogynistic, xenophobic bigot.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Trump is a racist, misogynistic, xenophobic bigot. ]

What really looks naive is for you to be using liberal talking points like that. I look at the facts about Trump, not what's said. The fact is, we're in the best economic climate since the 80's. Black and Hispanic unemployment is the lowest ever and we're trying to disengage from these foreign wars that people like Obama started. If that's not a great President, I don't know what is.

LOL!

Jan 15, 2019, 10:28 AM

I actually guffawed at that nonsense. Not a chuckle or chortle, but a guffaw.

It looks like you plagiarized a Trump tweet.

Re: LOL!

Jan 15, 2019, 10:34 AM

See that's the problem. Liberals always come with nothing but hyperbole, they can never dispute the facts.

Here's an article that may help.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump is a racist, misogynistic, xenophobic bigot. ]

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/upshot/presidents-have-less-power-over-the-economy-than-you-might-think.html

HTH

He was sued for violating the Fair Housing Act...

Jan 15, 2019, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump is a racist. ]

Federal officials found evidence of Trump and his father refusing to rent to perspective black tenants. If that's not racist, what is?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was sued for violating the Fair Housing Act...

Jan 15, 2019, 10:44 AM

Nope. They found evidence that the company owned by Trump had done so...and that Donald Trump was not involved in actually running the company. Look a little further. Trump integrated his properties in S. Florida long before that was the "woke" thing to do.

If Trump were a racist he wouldn't have received awards from groups supporting minority rights...which he did on several occasions. Before he became a politician.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:46 AM

As the saying goes, Trump was only considered "racist" when he announced he was running against Democrats.

He announced his candidacy with a racist birther lie.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:48 AM

You didn't really think that through.

Re: He announced his candidacy with a racist birther lie.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:53 AM

It's easy to throw the word "racist" around. What makes the "birther lie" racist?

By the way, Donald Trump, Muhammad Ali, and Rosa Parks, along with others, received the Ellis Island Medal of Honor in 1986. Those three were photographed together on that occasion. Look up the Ellis Island Medal of Honor. They don't give it to racists.

Trump said our first black president wasn't legitimate

Jan 15, 2019, 11:01 AM

because he was born in Africa. That is blatant racism.

Of the people who voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 election 57 percent said it was "definitely true" or "probably true" that the 44th president came from Kenya.

It is a blatant racist lie intended to appeal to those who have racial animus. One thing Trump knows is how to appeal to his base.

Re: Trump said our first black president wasn't legitimate

Jan 15, 2019, 11:05 AM

Wrong the whole "birther" issue was actually started by the Clinton campaign during the 2008 election. Trump just followed through on it to see if there was anything really behind it.

Also, A LOT of though same people that voted for Trump, voted for Obama so are they racist as well?

The Birther Lie is racist. Trump built his campaign on it

Jan 15, 2019, 11:11 AM

and repeated it hundreds of times for years.

Trump knows his base and his base ate it up with a spoon. Those who "say" it isn't racist are the targets of the lie.

Re: The Birther Lie is racist. Trump built his campaign on it

Jan 15, 2019, 11:14 AM

So is Trump racist against Ted Cruz? Because he questioned his legitimacy to run for President in the US as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-cruzs-canadian-birth-could-be-very-precarious-for-gop/2016/01/05/5ce69764-b3f8-11e5-9388-466021d971de_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.12f6dbc698ef

It never registered with his base. They didn't buy into it.

Jan 15, 2019, 11:32 AM

So, he dropped it. Wonder why?

Unfortunately for you, that just supports my point. Racial animus is the foundation upon which the racist birther lie was built. It's why the majority of Trump supporters bought into the lie about Obama.

lol..your opinion is one large, non funny joke.***

Jan 15, 2019, 10:11 PM

Re: Trump said our first black president wasn't legitimate

Jan 15, 2019, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Trump said our first black president wasn't legitimate ]

The point of the "birther lie" is not that Africa was allegedly the country of President Obama's origin. It was that the USA was allegedly NOT the country of his birth.

It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with the constitutional requirement that the President be a natural born US citizen.

See, claims like this just make you look stupid. Maybe you are stupid and can't help it. I don't know you, so I won't assume that.

The point of the racist birther lie was to get people with

Jan 15, 2019, 11:34 AM

racial animus to buy into the lie. It was quite successful as 57% of Trump supporters bought into it.

The people who deny the obvious racism of the lie are the intended targets.

57% you say? Where did you make up that stat from?***

Jan 15, 2019, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Trump said our first black president wasn't legitimate ]

Jan 15, 2019, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: He was sued for violating the Fair Housing Act... ]

Ehhhh the whole birther thing was completely unjustified before he ran. Discredit the man's actions, dont spread lies to shame him in that way (Millions of people still think he wasnt born in the U.S.)

This happened in 1973***

Jan 15, 2019, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: He was sued for violating the Fair Housing Act... ]

Have you checked with any of your black friends

Jan 15, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: He was sued for violating the Fair Housing Act... ]

to see what they think about him?

you think they've got those?***

Jan 15, 2019, 10:55 AM

If he had any black friends and actually talked to them

Jan 15, 2019, 11:02 AM

about it, he would know better.

Re: Have you checked with any of your black friends

Jan 15, 2019, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Have you checked with any of your black friends ]

I'm actually a minority.

You don't respect him...why should he respect you?

Jan 15, 2019, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Trump is a racist. ]

At least he didn't call you a racist.

And yes, dear snowflake...Taco Bell wasn't served because it's Mexican....bazinga! ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Trump is a racist. ]

So, Obama wasn’t?

Of course not.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:09 AM

You do realize that his mother was white and his father was black.

What planet do you live on?

Jan 15, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump is a racist. ]

More than likely it was you. Obama was not though.

Wow, Chuckston and soccer crazy

Jan 15, 2019, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Trump is a racist. ]

going:

politics > Clemson

-Doc

Jan 15, 2019, 9:48 AM

Hey KJ atleast check your spacing.
Wonder who wrote that for you ?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Stop it right now. We should not be bashing one of our own players. Someone said we have all misspelled a word. It is probably true that we have all tweeted or posted on Facebook a questionable statement. You say he makes the school look bad, well SO DO YOU.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you DARE attack OUR player because you don't like

Jan 15, 2019, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Players should just be banned from Twitter year round ]

what he said. Ridiculous.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hilarious! +1 for KJ!***

Jan 15, 2019, 9:49 AM

Re: Hilarious! +1 for KJ!***

Jan 15, 2019, 9:52 AM

Obama spelling hamburgers correctly may be the only thing he could accomplice because he did not do squat for 8 years in the White House.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:03 AM

He accompiced quiet a bit. Just like George W did, just like Bill did, just like George HW did and just like Trump will when all is said and done.

You may not like or agree with what he (Obama) accompliced, but he accompliced quiet a bit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 10:06 AM

Obama managed to add about 10 trillion to the national deficit and gave us wars in Syria, Libya and Yemen that have killed hundreds of thousands, if not millions of civilians. His "accomplishments" are nothing to brag about. It's funny what you can get away with when you smile at people while you're doing it.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Hilarious! +1 for KJ!*** ]

As long as Mexico pays for our wall I will be happy.

Sums up most presidents. Lots of bluster prior to the

Jan 15, 2019, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Hilarious! +1 for KJ!*** ]

election followed by little substance once they are in the WH.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:05 AM

I mostly support our president and I have no problem with this tweet. It was kind of funny and not terribly disrespectful. I miss Reagan.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:05 AM

What a stupid, petty snipe. Yes, I’d take the twitter ban all year long. In the words of Dabo, “ Do your job!”

The love for our players ends pretty quickly when they

Jan 15, 2019, 10:06 AM

express their political views, eh?

No, just show a little class*

Jan 15, 2019, 10:11 AM

Nm

Re: No, just show a little class*

Jan 15, 2019, 10:12 AM

It will make it awkward when we go back next year.

Re: The love for our players ends pretty quickly when they

Jan 15, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to The love for our players ends pretty quickly when they ]

When they risk causing an uproar at our university's expense, yes.

I would be surprised if that comment gains any traction

Anyone that would typically run with anti-Clemson stories is going to be on Henry's side here.

Re: The love for our players ends pretty quickly when they

Jan 15, 2019, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: The love for our players ends pretty quickly when they ]

You might want it too, but this will not make any noise. Stop being so paranoid.

Man that free speech thing is pesky when it doesn't

fall your way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KJ really needs to focus on cracking the Depth Chart!

Jan 15, 2019, 10:29 AM

If I were Dabo, I wouldn't be Happy about this. It takes some Attention away from what the Team just accomplished!

You mean there are things going on in the

Jan 15, 2019, 11:06 AM

world that have nothing to do with Clemson football?

Dang, how the heck do we keep that grad rate so high?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 10:38 AM

Everyone should be banned from twitter, all the time.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:38 AM

Dumb comment from KJ but he is just a kid and on Twitter who really cares.

So - is KJ a member of the TNet grammar police now?

Jan 15, 2019, 10:46 AM

If so, he broke the cardinal rule. You can't make typos while making fun of someone else's typos...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah. Okay.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:47 AM

You want to ban our players from Twitter for cracking a joke about spelling hamburgers, but no problems with the President who systematically divides our nation through it.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

He's dividing our nation as much as your

Jan 15, 2019, 8:23 PM

phuc-kheaded brain will allow.

What about the game-cock political image you portray? Thin skin and you bleed so easy when politics don't go your way.

Bet your Dad is rolling in his grave; how you trash his namesake on this board.

Curl up with your thumb and the security blanket of this chat room medium to make yourself feel better about your abysmally pitiful political side..

Hatred for a political team that beats you (and Trump at that), like excuses, is a losers mantra.

-Doc

Hey, are you okay, man?

Jan 16, 2019, 8:50 AM

You don't sound okay.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 101
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic