Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regressing, I felt sick when Bama Boys Helicoptered DW4 in '17 & knew
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Regressing, I felt sick when Bama Boys Helicoptered DW4 in '17 & knew

Dec 12, 2017, 12:23 AM

he was out of game due the force & way he hit the ground on his leg & hip..and thus our chance to win with a back-up QB were nil.

Boy Was i wrong when he got up & continued play..but I've wondered if any other Clemson Fans thought it was over during that violent 360 degree parallel swirl.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, not really.***

Dec 12, 2017, 12:25 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just described the gloom Bama’s D felt when DW4 got up.***

Dec 12, 2017, 12:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yet, their big playmaker left with an injury. Karma***

Dec 12, 2017, 12:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Regressing, I felt sick when Bama Boys Helicoptered DW4 in '17 & knew

Dec 12, 2017, 7:25 AM

Saw someone else post that our guys better be ready for ‘hard’ hits in the Sugar Bowl, so I know I’m not the only one that didn’t care for the way some of Bama’s players tackled/hit last year. In the couple of their games I caught this year, perhaps my belief clouded my impartiality, but they still appear to be a team that tries to send a message with each hit or tackle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 12, 2017, 10:54 AM

Lots of leading with helmet from Bama

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Dec 12, 2017, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Regressing, I felt sick when Bama Boys Helicoptered DW4 in '17 & knew ]

I feel like our D will be the ones sending the message. This is big boy football and Bama better get ready.

I had some emotions.

Dec 12, 2017, 7:34 AM

First I was concerned for DW and then furious that that hit wasn't considered targeting. Imo, it was the most outrageous and obvious failure of officials to protect players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had some emotions.

Dec 12, 2017, 3:01 PM

The instant it happened I was like “oh ####” then Deshaun bounced back up. I thought their great rb having to leave the game was a little karma. I’m hoping our front offensive line pounds those aggressive defense players and lays them out

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 12, 2017, 11:31 AM

I held my breath until I saw him immediately look to the sideline to see if he made the first down. Alabama holds and targets more than anyone I've ever watched.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2017, 3:44 PM

It looked like one of those phony tackles that every football movie has in them. The over exaggerated flip, spin, somersault in slow motion as the film's score goes silent, imitating the gasp of the audience as the hit is played repeatedly in rapid succession from various angles to increase dramatic effect. Then Watson got up and the Bama players said to themselves..."we're ######."

Expect the same treatment again.

Dec 12, 2017, 5:05 PM

And worse because they're more desperate.

Another targeting with no penalty, like the one on Williams

Dec 12, 2017, 5:32 PM

3 uncalled targeting on their best d players, if they had been penalized and thrown out of game, we would have scored at least 2 more tds. The announcers tried to call one on Boulware but he did not lower his helmet when he knocked the crap out of that guy. Tigers were taught to go in with their chests out and not to lower their helmets, and Boulware did it perfectly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2017, 6:06 PM

I was so sure he would have been taken out with how he hit the ground it was quite violent. Luckily he got up and showed why he was the nations best and toughest player, it came all from the heart.

Dec 12, 2017, 6:13 PM

This is obviously going to be an unpopular post, but I didn't see anything dirty about the play. The only reason Watson helicoptered that way was because he spun to try and avoid the first defender, and he also tried to leap to the first down marker. The combination of him trying to spin, jump, and the Bama defenders hitting him as he was doing those things is what caused the helicopter motion to happen. For those calling it dirty, how should the defenders have handled is better?

Dec 12, 2017, 6:16 PM

They should've been nice to DW4 and let him run for a TD! That would've been the right thing for them to do.

Dec 12, 2017, 6:17 PM

The big Question is can KB take a beating like that?
Because we are going to need him to be tough as nails in this game.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic