Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody have any fond memories of the coots?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Anybody have any fond memories of the coots?

Jul 13, 2019, 3:35 AM

Back in my high school days, lived in cooterville, went to school with Coot Woods at AC Flora. Yes, he went on to become a coot. Also played with best DL I ever knew, Stanley Gregory. Played with a broke foot entire senior year, he went on to become an inmate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Anybody have any fond memories of the coots?

Jul 13, 2019, 7:30 AM

Along those same lines, I went to HS with a guy who went on to play b-ball for SCar. He didn't want to become an inmate, so he became a fugitive instead.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jimmy Foster?***

Jul 13, 2019, 9:22 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jimmy Foster?***

Jul 14, 2019, 1:43 PM

You are correct!

Yes, have found memories such as......

Jul 13, 2019, 7:41 AM

when I saw "The Catch" in person, when we wore the orange pants for the first time and beat them, 63-17...............

The "catch", that's my fondest also! I was there!***

Jul 13, 2019, 9:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2019, 7:41 AM

I was in Columbia to witness the 40 whatever to zip beatdown. That’s one fond memory that comes to mind.

Colt 45 Zero candy bar game

Jul 13, 2019, 11:33 AM

Wuz there too

No***

Jul 13, 2019, 7:42 AM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I had a lot of fun at their expense in....

Jul 13, 2019, 7:43 AM

five points after the Citadel game in 1990. Does that count?

The fairgrounds after the 63-17 game

Jul 13, 2019, 7:49 AM

There were coots fighting coots everywhere.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the hill in 1980, breaking their hearts

Jul 13, 2019, 7:51 AM

Clemson began its undefeated run toward the 1981 national championship.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 13, 2019, 7:59 AM

I played HS football with Mike Dingle , and he was the best running back in the state in 1986 and 87 ( I'll hear no arguments otherwise ) .
He had huge potential and would probably have had a great pro career but he tore up a knee and well you know the rest . He still went on to play briefly with the Bengals .
Now lives in Greer , good dude ... Coot or not .

Go Stags !

Fear the Deer !

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 13, 2019, 10:46 AM

Yes. Every time they lose Lot of fond memories

Watching 63-17 with mostly Gamecock fans, with the host

Jul 13, 2019, 8:07 AM

being the biggest Gamecock fan I’ve ever known. I remember sitting beside him when it became 21-0 halfway through the first quarter. I leaned over and told him, we’re gonna roll you tonight, that was fun.

Jul 13, 2019, 9:00 AM

every time they lose is a fond memory!!

Good morning 2k®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2019, 9:05 AM

Backatcha MFO. Always look for your posts even though some of them are gigantically mundane.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jul 14, 2019, 9:04 AM

thanks! That bad!!! Well, I'll look at the bright side and take that as a compliment! :)

Message was edited by: Myfavboring!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Top of the morning to you MFO

Jul 13, 2019, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Anybody have any fond memories of the coots? ]

My most cherished memory of the coots, what an oxymoron, was sitting in the student section for the 63-17 beatdown in 03’

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jul 13, 2019, 9:03 AM

There was this little old country store called Wright’s grocery off old Hwy 6 in Cross, SC. They had some really good fried chicken with a homemade pickled banana pepper vinegar. Sadly it’s closed now

Jul 13, 2019, 10:06 AM

LostLocal , are you talking about the place on the corner of Old 6 and Short Cut rd. ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 13, 2019, 10:43 AM

Yes sir

I was living in Hilton Head in 2000 when we played them

Jul 13, 2019, 9:14 AM

I was at a bar that was 99% C ock Lovers, except myself and my buddy who is, gulp, a Tarheel.

They were going nuts and pointing and talking #### to me when they scored with a minute to go, except for one older lady, adorned in Cockwear who had offered a little friendly jab or two my way earlier in the game, but in the way that makes you laugh, nothing harsh or whatever.

So Carolina scored, the taunts began towards me, but the lady ran around shouting IT'S NOT OVER IT AIN'T OVER Y'ALL!

Then Rod Gardner made a catch and well, we all know what happened.

Smart lady, even for a Gamehen...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

45-0 was a good one. They had the sad that day.***

Jul 13, 2019, 9:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2019, 9:30 AM

Well, I have two brothers who are both coots with coot wives and coot kids. I have fond memories of them, but not so much any other coots.

It's funny how they LOVED talking about football a few years ago, but have barely mentioned it since. Except one brother, who told me he didn't think T Lawrance would ever pan out for Clemson, but that the QB SCAR signed at the same time, Dekareon Joyner, was the real deal and would be what turned it around for them going forward. You know, cycling in?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2019, 9:43 AM

No

Jul 13, 2019, 9:46 AM

Does 1-21 over a two year span count? I have enjoyed some of the beatdowns, but for their fans to have absolutely nothing to smile about for 2 years was great.

Jul 13, 2019, 10:09 AM

July 3, 1971, I married my coot wife, rescuing her from her dirtpecker family. So that was good. Poor girl didn't know any better, she was raised cootish, but since then she's spent a lot of time hollering for the good guys, even if she hasn't quite embraced the true faith completely. Oh, and we were there for Gardner's catch, too. And for the beatdown Yusuf Kelly and our guys put on Granny Holtz's no-class cocka doo doos - it was worth missing a dippy bowl game to see them on the ground groveling.

Yep. And both of them were in their stadium. 1989 and 2003. ***

Jul 13, 2019, 10:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every time and anytime we beat them in anything

Jul 13, 2019, 10:28 AM

is pretty fond to me.

I had a particularly good 21 piece bucket one time. It

Jul 13, 2019, 11:04 AM

lasted us all day on a 12 hour drive.

Jul 13, 2019, 11:56 AM

One fine afternoon, after watching the Tigers win at DV, I had just started tailgating with some friends on the grass at Littlejohn. The guys next to us suddenly began to cheer....I asked what had happened (they had a car radio on with the windows down.....One guy I vaguely knew said that Furman had just beaten the chickens---in Columbia naturally.....a very fulfilling day

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2019, 11:58 AM

One fine afternoon, after watching the Tigers win at DV, I had just started tailgating with some friends on the grass at Littlejohn. The guys next to us suddenly began to cheer....I asked what had happened (they had a car radio on with the windows down.....One guy I vaguely knew said that Furman had just beaten the chickens---in Columbia naturally.....a very fulfilling day

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2019, 12:18 PM

I was in grad school there during the Sparky Woods era. That was a particularly delicious time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was born on June 3 in 1952.

Jul 13, 2019, 12:26 PM

On 6-3-17 I turned 65. So yeah, I have one very fond memory of the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was born on June 3 in 1952.

Jul 14, 2019, 3:39 PM

The 1976 game. At the time I was working in coottown and we had been whalloped the year before. No one in Cola. thought we would win(except Clemson diehards). Some one wanted to bet me $100, which I could not afford so I bet him $10. Never say him again.

Jul 14, 2019, 3:58 PM

I still find satisfaction pointing out that the “push off” was in direct response to blatant PI. They get all wrinkled up over that every time. And it’s so true.

Jul 14, 2019, 5:34 PM

When they lost to Hawaii because they couldn’t get over the Pacific,

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic