Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Blackouts Stink
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,359

Blackouts Stink

Jan 17, 2019, 8:37 AM

The one great thing about living in California was that Clemson games were never blacked out. Now that I'm back in SC, the first basketball game I attempt to stream and watch gets blacked out. I even attempted to use my YouTube TV account (still based in San Jose, CA) for ESPN Watch and it still detects that I'm roaming and physically in SC.

I'm sure there's a VPN workaround to spoof ESPN Watch, right? Recommendations welcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

It was a Fox Sports game not ESPN***

Jan 17, 2019, 9:01 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe so, but ESPN Watch still had it listed for streaming

Jan 17, 2019, 9:06 AM

under ACC Network and it was blocked due to a blackout.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always like that for the games on Fox- they’ve

Jan 17, 2019, 9:19 AM

subbed out the rights for those games. You should be able to watch via fox sports app or ACC app - Spcifically it would have been fox sports Carolina channel. Also may happen for some of the games that fall to the old syndicated network which is a different station in each market. You can see a list of those on the ACC site.

Thanks for the heads up

Jan 17, 2019, 9:30 AM

Maybe my memory is wrong, but I could swear that I watched every game last year using the ESPN Watch App in California. I never had to use the Fox Sports App or ACC App.

WatchESPN provides the feed for people that live

Jan 17, 2019, 10:33 AM

outside of the region. If you are inside the region you have to watch it by the appropriate channel. Since it was a Fox Sports game, the Fox Sports app is where you need to watch it b/c it would be blacked out here on Watch ESPN.

Speaking of blackouts,

Jan 17, 2019, 9:17 AM

Do NOT leave your drink unattended around that weirdo Francis Marion®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Blackouts Stink

Jan 17, 2019, 9:18 AM

Still better than a Stinkout.

Re: Blackouts Stink

Jan 17, 2019, 10:06 AM

I saw it on NBC sportsnet in Virginia. If I get the blackout notice on the Watch Espn app, I start searching to see what channel is covering it.

Tiger Band 70-74

but you have to have cable for that.***

Jan 17, 2019, 10:10 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. It is a pain.

Jan 17, 2019, 10:10 AM

If the Clemson B-ball game is blacked out for me on Firestick then I use IPad and then login to a free vpn app, set my server location to west coast and then stream from espn app. Works every time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VPN might do the trick. Finding a free stream on reddit

Jan 17, 2019, 10:36 AM

is another option that's easy and costs nothing. I usually do that when I can't get a game on TV just because it's less of a pain.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,359
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic