Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charleston and Horry County Tigers...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Charleston and Horry County Tigers...

Sep 5, 2019, 8:45 PM

Hope everyone made it out of Dorian safe and sound with minimum property damage. We are still getting some decent wind gusts here in Charleston but the rain has died down and the winds are nothing like they were earlier today or overnight last night. That was some storm. We had quite a few trees down in my neighborhood and leaves/twigs everywhere. Unfortunately, we also had a small leak under my roof in my bedroom but thankfully, it stopped once the winds shifted this afternoon. Told my kids to take notice and just appreciate/revere the awesome power of Mother Nature and how helpless we are in the grand scheme of things.

It was pretty bad here so I can't imagine what those people in the Bahamas went through.

Best of luck to those in the coastal areas of NC tonight and tomorrow as we now know first hand what's coming their way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charleston and Horry County Tigers...

Sep 5, 2019, 8:58 PM

As of 10 min.to 9 we're getting some pretty high gusty winds.This morning was bad with a tornado in Myrtle Beach and Little River.Overall though we are a whole lot better off than we were this time last year with Hurricane Micheal.

Yeah, last year was weird. Florence was heading right

Sep 5, 2019, 9:21 PM

for us in Charleston but then went up the coast and just sat in the ocean off the coast of NC and just gave them fits. Charleston got nothing even though many evacuated.

Then Michael comes over the Florida panhandle and was not predicted to be too bad and was much worse than Florence.

But for us, Dorian was much worse than Michael..

Sep 5, 2019, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Charleston and Horry County Tigers... ]

or Matthew. Definitely the worst one since I moved here six years ago.

Sep 5, 2019, 8:59 PM

Whachu got against georgetown county? Skipped right over us haha

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Point. You guys too. Love that downtown

Sep 5, 2019, 9:19 PM

waterfront area. Apologies for the omission.

Sep 5, 2019, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Charleston and Horry County Tigers... ]

What about Berkeley county? Goose Creek has a few Tigers. We are ok just wet LoL

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2019, 9:25 PM

Overall it wasnt that bad here in garden city. Just a couple of broken tree branches and parts of some roads are flooded hut thats about it. It didnt feel like a cat 3 to me, thought Matthew a couple years was worse than this and that hit us as a cat 1

Sep 6, 2019, 8:57 AM

Hard to believe for me, but at my house in Orangeburg, with sky full of clouds and constant wind all day, didn't even get enough rain to register in the rain gauge. It must have all dumped on the coast.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic