Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In Israel, abortion is not only legal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

In Israel, abortion is not only legal

May 16, 2019, 2:21 PM

it is free to all women aged 20 to 33.

USA sends Israel $3 Billion in non-military aid per year, no strings attached. Roughly $500 per Israeli citizen, and a fifth of the foreign aid budget.

How are we supposed to have a rapture with this kind of disconnect?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In Israel, abortion is not only legal

May 16, 2019, 2:28 PM

I imagine the responses will be something about Israel repeatedly rebelling against God with this being just another example.

They are his chosen people though so in the end they will all be redeemed.

But you....you were chosen for destruction.

Re: Actually, the Rapture is of the Church

May 16, 2019, 3:42 PM

Israel is not the church.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

May 16, 2019, 5:34 PM

A lot of people believe that Israel being restored as a nation in 1948 fulfilled biblical prophecy and that when Jesus returns he will restore Israel to himself.

May 16, 2019, 10:28 PM

Israel being restored did fulfill Biblical prophecy. The Prophet said, "Who has heard of such a thing; that a nation should be born in a day?" And it did happen. Amazing!

But, Jesus return and the Rapture of the church are two entirely different events to which the Bible speaks.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2019, 8:40 AM

I understand that. I wasn’t saying the rapture and restoration of Israel is the same event.

But the majority of evangelicals believe Jesus will set up his kingdom in Jerusalem and restore the nation of Israel to himself right?

My question has always been....what is the “nation of Israel? Is it the current physical nation? Is it all the Jews that have ever lived going back through history? Is it the “new Israel” which is all the believers in Christ?

The vast majority of Israel’s citizens today do not believe in Jesus. So why is America so hell bent on supporting them, especially considering what the OP pointed out?

May 17, 2019, 11:01 PM

Have you ever heard of the term, "The time of Jacob's Trouble"? If so, what do you think it means.. or is?

May 18, 2019, 6:51 AM

Yes, aka the great tribulation.

Paul says in Romans “all of Israel will be saved.”

The question is who is Israel? Most pastors I’ve personally known hold to the view that he’s referring to the physical descendants of Abraham, not the church.

May 18, 2019, 7:57 AM

I agree that Israel is not the church. And, whether or not "all of Israel" will be saved is a debatable subject. However, the rapture of the church and the Millennial Kingdom established at the close of the Great Tribulation are still two different events.

At the close of the Great Tribulation, Jesus does return and establish his thrown in Israel. I don't believe it will be "just for Jews" BUT i do believe the gentile numbers will be very small. But, as I believe, the church will have already been raptured and taken out of this world prior to the tribulation - because God has not appointed the church to wrath, but to be saved from it (Paul teaches this also). Then the tribulation begins.

Now, the covenant with Abraham was/is to the Jew only. The Time of Jacob's trouble is the time of reckoning for the Jew because of their rejection of Jesus when He was here the first time. In fact, i shutter at the thought that "they" cried out for the crucifixion of Jesus with these words, "Let his blood be on us and our children." Not covered in the blood for salvation (as the Christian speaks of it) but as in covered with the responsibility of his blood being shed.

So, all that in summary: the great tribulation brings Israel back to God through Jesus - when they finally see Him for who He is. The church is already gone from the earth and at rest with Jesus. Two different events.

BTW, enjoying the conversation.

May 16, 2019, 2:28 PM

In Mexico it is illegal

May 16, 2019, 2:29 PM

And we allow a million people to cross that border into the US each year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In Mexico it is illegal

May 16, 2019, 4:39 PM

We should help fund birth control and abortions down there. It might help.

Get enough of them voting dem and the platform will change***

May 16, 2019, 5:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Get enough of them voting dem and the platform will change***

May 16, 2019, 5:19 PM

How do they feel about abortions?

Considering Mexico is 83% Catholic....I dunno

May 16, 2019, 5:34 PM

But I have a good idea.

Re: Considering Mexico is 83% Catholic....I dunno

May 16, 2019, 5:41 PM

Considering I know a lot of Mexicans and that arent as religious as they once were, so who knows. Moreover, they have a lot of abortions in California. It's not stopping them. Religion is dying as far as tne strictness of it. The old Catolic ways are dying away.

The 50 or so Mexicans I've worked with are just as...

May 17, 2019, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Get enough of them voting dem and the platform will change*** ]

conservative as me. I'm not saying they won't take gov freebies but their spending habits, views of fairness and moral similarities cause us to become friends who trusted one another. Of course I only got that friendly with 15 or so but those guys are going to make good Americans, imo.

El Salvadorians hate Mexicans and their heritages are not close to being similar from what I can tell. Frankly, the three El Salvadorians I know where outstanding people. One guy played on their national soccer team a while. He sent one of his checks to his mother at home, the next to his wife an upstate NY university student and lived on the third.

I did not find that typical.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, if Mexicans were still coming here our...

May 17, 2019, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Get enough of them voting dem and the platform will change*** ]

culture heritage would survive but they aren't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last I herd we do.***

May 17, 2019, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: In Mexico it is illegal ]

ooooooooooooooh snap!!!***

May 17, 2019, 12:43 PM [ in reply to In Mexico it is illegal ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what the Democrats need

May 18, 2019, 8:33 AM [ in reply to In Mexico it is illegal ]

to stuff the ballot boxes for their hair-brained candidate in 2020.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

May 16, 2019, 4:36 PM

That's awesome. Wish we would do the same and help fund them internationally as well.

Holy hot take

May 16, 2019, 5:26 PM

The two who actually liked your post are perfect

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Holy hot take

May 16, 2019, 5:36 PM

So how do you feel about this?

The same crowd that wants to support Israel is vehemently anti abortion.

It’s getting hard to keep up with all the ways conservatives contradict themselves these days.

The fact you think this is clever is hilarious

May 17, 2019, 2:43 PM

It also appears that y'all haven't quite got the whole story:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Israel

"Abortion in Israel is permitted when determined by a termination committee under various circumstances, with the vast majority of cases being approved as of 2014.[1] The rate of abortion in Israel has steadily declined since 1988.[1] Compared to the world, abortion rates in Israel are moderate. According to government data, in Israel, abortion rates in 2014 are 9.7 per 1,000 women of childbearing age, lower than England (16.2) and the United States (13.2).[1]

Abortion in Israel had been illegal prior to 1977. It became legal subject to termination committee approval under the penal code of 1978.[2] Prior to 2014, however, approval for an abortion in Israel by a termination committee was given under more limited circumstances, such as if the woman was unmarried, because of age (if the woman was under the age of 18 - the legal marriage age in Israel - or over the age of 40), the pregnancy was conceived under illegal circumstances (rape, statutory rape, etc.) or an incestuous relationship, birth defects, or risk to the health or life of the mother.[3] Subsequent to 2014, abortion up to the age of 33 can be provided for under the nationally funded health basket.[4]

According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics report from 2004, in 2003, most abortion requests were granted, with 19,500 legal abortions performed and 200 requests for abortion denied. Reasons for termination went as follows: The woman was unmarried (42%), because of illegal circumstances (11%), health risks to the woman (about 20%), age of the woman (11%), and fetal birth defects (about 17%).[5] Women who would not qualify for an abortion under the statutory scheme may seek an abortion at a private clinic. Abortion in a private clinic is illegal.

It was reported in 2012 that about half of all abortions in Israel were performed in private clinics, i. e., without committee approval. Women who undergo such an abortion do not face criminal penalties, but physicians who perform them face a fine or up to five years' imprisonment; however, there have been no known prosecutions of physicians for performing non-committee-approved abortions.[6] It was also reported in 2007 and 2011 that about 40,000 abortions take place in Israel every year, about half of the committee approved.[5][7]"

So it would seem that their national law is actually more restrictive than the US's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put an “8” after your “$3” and your number will be correct.

May 16, 2019, 7:00 PM

Just trying to help broskipideedoowap.

Good to know.

May 16, 2019, 9:42 PM

Women in their third trimester may be flying there to murder their unborn children someday in the not too distant future.

They also have a wall and merit based immigration system...

May 19, 2019, 6:15 AM

which includes extreme vetting to ensure their government and citizens are physically and economically protected. Do you think before you make these comparisons?

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic