Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on GA Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Thoughts on GA Tech

Aug 5, 2019, 11:37 AM

Don't post on here much, but I read topics and discussions daily. I am curious about the thoughts on the new offense that GA Tech will be running this year. By their message boards, there seems to be a good bit of enthusiasm for their new style of offense but then again who wouldn't be enthused? Just wanted to see what my fellow Tigers are thinking, what to expect from their new coach and whether it will pose any issues for the Tigers at home.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on GA Tech

Aug 5, 2019, 11:47 AM

I would certainly hope we don't take them lightly. Could be a tough game, with emotional edge to them. I don't like it that we're ranked #1.

Yeah I wish we were unranked

Aug 5, 2019, 12:07 PM

Do you realize how dumb you sound before you post things or is there no self awareness? It won’t be a tough game. They have one of the least talented rosters in the league, are transitioning from the triple which never goes well, and we have all camp to prepare.

They’re not overlooking anyone and it’s completely ridiculous to even say that 3 weeks before the season starts.

Aug 5, 2019, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on GA Tech ]

You aren’t ranked. You’d be lucky to win 5 games.

Actually, opening with Wofford would be

Aug 5, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on GA Tech ]

a tougher game. I laid 42 pts in a bet with a coworker and my only concern is the 3rd team D might give up some garbage time pts

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

HEY MAN. YOU NEED TO FOCUS.***

Aug 5, 2019, 7:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on GA Tech ]

You're joking here, right? If the GA Tech game is a "tough game" for us … then we might be in for a long (and very disappointing) season!

LOL, "we".***

Aug 5, 2019, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on GA Tech ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Being enthused does not make one a good football team

Aug 5, 2019, 11:57 AM

I'm no expert, but they are overhauling their program. It's going to take time.

They may get lucky and score early one or even a few times.

This game will be close for about the first 9 minutes, then it's a runaway. I expect a 40 something to 10 something final.

Aug 5, 2019, 12:11 PM

I think Temple's offense was much closer to ours than to GT's. In the long run I think GT will have a better offense than they did. But it takes time to implement those changes. I was sick of PJ anyway. This should be a difficult coming out party for GT's offense against our D.

I expect that this game

Aug 5, 2019, 12:23 PM

Will be a tough challenge for our coaches. There will be no film to study from last season that will show the Tigers much. I m sure the coaches know the style of football that the new coach at Tech prefers but adapting that to his present players may be difficult to predict. Tech hired a new offensive coach this weekend to help establish their attack. Fortunately the Tigers have smart players who will be able to make adjustments as the game develops. I have a lot of faith in Venables and Elliot and the others on Dabos staff. I expect to see a lot of adjustments in this game. Especially from the defense.

GA Tech's strength has been her speed . . .

Aug 5, 2019, 12:16 PM

It may occasionally catch us by surprise and I wouldn't be surprised for this game to be close throughout the first half.

Her O Line has been relatively small in the past, relying on misdirection and chop blocks to create opening . . . It will take time to develop the size and talent they need to compete with us for four quarters . . . I look for us the gradually take control of the game in the third quarter and not look back . . .

Thinking in the range of 35-13 as a final . . . Solid performance by our guys, with plenty of areas exposed to work on . . . Typical early season scenario . . .

It will be a glorious night in the Valley!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 12:27 PM

The only way or time the game will be close is if they come out in the triple option just to throw us off. I am sure they still have some TO plays for the ones who can still run it.

That would be wild.***

Aug 5, 2019, 12:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 12:30 PM

Offensive linemen for the flexbone-spread have different requirements for what they will be running now! Geoff Collins will win a bunch a games at GT. I don't know that it will start this season. Not until he gets biger OL who can handle what this offense will need to operate efficiently from a personnel standpoint.
As far as our game with them coming up. It depends on our "NEW STARTERS" on defense! If they take a qtr or two to get acclimated to being "the man" then it could be close early! Or it could not be; "IF" our offense produces how we think they will. We have a veteran offense that is largely intact. They don't. Based on that alone; it should be an advantage for Clemson. Then we are home; so another advantage.
So when I say Clemson by at least 3 TD's is my expectation; you will know the logic behind my conclusion. Not just orange colored glasses!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully our game plan is to see how many points we can

Aug 5, 2019, 12:38 PM

score -- just WIDE OPEN OFFENSE

then just let the defense test their skills and see how many players we play on defense for live snaps.

I don't think many teams will be able to score as many points as us this year.

Then just improve the defense every game during the year

null

It will be much more exciting and innovative

Aug 5, 2019, 3:37 PM

but what wouldn't?

It will also have a lot of problems in the first game which will make our game very exciting and rewarding.

Aug 5, 2019, 4:27 PM

Enthusiasm? And what about our team and fans? Are we not enthusiastically looking forward to the 29th? IMHO, it takes a bit more than excitement and energy to win. Recruiting, developing, preparing and executing. Clemson checks off all those boxes. Tech will be missing guys from their defense and their offense cannot be rebuilt overnight. If the Tigers play hard and smart this will be a destruction.

Aug 5, 2019, 4:30 PM

We will beat them about like we did Louisville last year.

Aug 5, 2019, 4:34 PM

Agreed.

Had a conversation with a GT grad...

Aug 5, 2019, 4:41 PM

Me: I'm sort of worried about the GT game this year...

GT grad: Seriously?

Me: Yeah, we lost everyone on our defensive line. For the first time that triple option might be effective against us.

GT grad: YOU KNOW #### WELL WE AREN'T THE OPTION ANY LONGER.

Me: Oh yeah...we'll kill you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring Back the Triple Option!

Aug 5, 2019, 5:13 PM

If GT shows up in Death Valley and they are 'just happy to be there', then they can start working out all the bugs in their new spread offense and go home content in knowing that they accomplished something useful. If, on the other hand, they actually want to try and win the game, then maybe a 'one game only' triple option treat from them would maybe sow some confusion in VB's well schemed 'stop the spread' defensive planning. Would Geoff Collins dare? I don't know.

Re: Bring Back the Triple Option!

Aug 5, 2019, 6:36 PM

No he wouldn't.
It might help them have some success early b/c we hadn't practiced for it. But, the talent gap and BV knowledge of that offense would eventually show up anyway. Plus, even if they score, unless they can complete a successful on side kick; they have to give the ball to our offense. Better to not have an offense that has zero chance of scoring quick! Especially if you are only "luke-warm" about running it.

They will try and run the Geoff Collins version of the west coast offense. Up Tempo like Syracuse everybody!
Clemson DB's will have to be prepared to stop 50/50 balls. Or defend them I should say. Who better to prepare you than Tee Higgins/Justin Ross/Diondre Overton or Frank Ladson/Joe Ngata?

Pawl liked big WR's so they have those guys on the roster. Up Tempo may cause our young DL confusion and we may struggle at times getting set like we have at moments against Syracuse.
I see them coming in confident b/c all their plays worked great in practice and in their spring game. You all may want to check out their spring game on youtube. The offense looked great vs. their defense. Very vanilla defense of course; but they were executing it at a high level.
Top Billin did a break down on it as well.
They could be tougher than expected - but I "AGAIN" don't think it's real close.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thoughts on GA Tech

Aug 5, 2019, 7:17 PM

Fan: Not very much.

Coaches and Players: One game at a time.

Fan: Coach Speak Interpretation = Not very much.

Aug 5, 2019, 9:14 PM

I would be very surprised if CLEMSON is not up 28 points at the half. 2's and 3's play a lot in the 3rd, and 3's and the rest play in the 4th.

But, it will be a nice scrimmage game for us.

I think it’s a good move for them to transition to a more modern offense.

Aug 5, 2019, 9:37 PM

They will be more successful on the field and in recruiting as a result.

I’m not worried about beating them to open the season though. We have way more talent than they do, and any uncertainty regarding their play book is overshadowed by how much better we are.

Tigers by at least 14.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic