Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Houston to reportedly announce Dana Holgorsen hiring on....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Houston to reportedly announce Dana Holgorsen hiring on....

Jan 1, 2019, 12:26 AM

New Year’s Day......Houston Cougars

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why leave a Power 5 school to go to Houston?***

Jan 1, 2019, 12:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly...seems like a major step backwards.***

Jan 1, 2019, 1:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Why leave a Power 5 school to go to Houston?***

Jan 1, 2019, 1:10 AM [ in reply to Why leave a Power 5 school to go to Houston?*** ]

Here goes ...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/1/18153591/dana-holgorsen-hired-houston-coach-west-virginia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 1:47 AM

Because they'd never overcome OU and then it looks like Texas is starting to get it together under Herrman .
Best be gettin while the gettins good .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 1, 2019, 2:05 AM

He's also supposed to be good friends with Houston's biggest booster and having a billionaire in your corner can never hurt...or so I've been told.

Jan 1, 2019, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Why leave a Power 5 school to go to Houston?*** ]

Morgantown or Houston. Easy choice. Since the NCAA has limited the number of off campus recruiting days their isn’t enough days on the calendar to get the h e l l out of there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Why leave a Power 5 school to go to Houston?*** ]

He’s leaving because he’s Tommy Bowden 2.0 in the minds of West Virginia higher ups I’m guessing, and he knows it. He’s good for a ranking between 15-25 every year, and 8-10 wins, but nothing more. I know several people who went to WVU, and just as they thought the ACC would welcome them (which to their shock, we didn’t), they think they have a big time football program. Point is that between their aspirations, and the fact that Holgorsen hit his ceiling long ago, he knew the end was coming. This was a preemptive strike.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 7:44 AM

I know one thing though - if I were Houston’s board I’d make it a requirement that he cut his #### hair and shower and shave before every game. He looks like a homeless man who found and put on some sportswear at goodwill

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 7:49 AM

Sorta like the same look Jimbo Fisher is sporting these days. I guess the grunge look is in?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Why leave a Power 5 school to go to Houston?*** ]

Agree with you 100% here.

Yea...

Jan 1, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Why leave a Power 5 school to go to Houston?*** ]

one side glad to be leaving and the other side is more than happy to help him pack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Simple answer....$$$$

Jan 1, 2019, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Why leave a Power 5 school to go to Houston?*** ]

Also probably realizes he’d likely get fired next year knowing he doesn’t have much at QB after Grier leaves

Re: Houston to reportedly announce Dana Holgorsen hiring on....

Jan 1, 2019, 1:46 AM

That's one ugly woman.

Cam't blame him. Ever driven thru West Virginia? I had to

Jan 1, 2019, 7:50 AM

a couple of years ago. Most boring state in the nation. Nothing but mountains and inbred, angry hillbillies.

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Re: Cam't blame him. Ever driven thru West Virginia? I had to

Jan 1, 2019, 8:50 AM

I was on a 10-day, 8-state motorcycle ride and spent most of one day in WV. We rode more than 600 miles that day (which lasted about 28 hours) and I enjoyed it all (even getting lost about a dozen times). I loved riding some of those roads, and wish I could return and do it again. I guess it is all how one looks at things.

Jan 1, 2019, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Cam't blame him. Ever driven thru West Virginia? I had to ]

El Jefe. I have lived in WV my entire life. Your way off. Beautiful state. Every state has what you speak of. Granted WV has its deficiencies but what state dont.

Jan 1, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Cam't blame him. Ever driven thru West Virginia? I had to ]

I call BS on that tale. WV is full of beautiful mountains and rivers and some of the best people. Like every where else, we have our share of trash, but if you ever brake down on the road you can count on someone helping you out.

Jan 1, 2019, 8:39 AM

Butch Jones is a candidate? Seriously? Wow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 10:19 AM

This season was typical for him. Started 8-1, played some real teams and ended 8-4. wv-who will never win a title.

What do you get when you put 3 dozen West Virginians on

Jan 1, 2019, 12:23 PM

a bus? One full set of teeth.

Wow that’s not good PR for WVU. That would be like a

Jan 1, 2019, 12:27 PM

Clemson HC going to USCjr.... well maybe not that bad.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic