Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow how ESPN opinions change quickly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Wow how ESPN opinions change quickly

Oct 18, 2018, 9:01 AM

Ms. Dinich was very concerned about Clemson as a 1 loss champ getting left out. Only 11 days later her only concern is if Clemson doesn't win the conference. I know several teams lost, but have we not learned anything over the course of history. Teams lose and it is not easy to go undefeated.

Oct. 5th
“Remember, the committee has to compare the five Power 5 champs after their title games,” she said. “If Clemson is a one-loss champ, how does it’s resume stack up against the others? And does Clemson look like a top four team with whomever is playing QB?”

Oct. 16th
What happens if Clemson loses a game?

Not much -- unless it's this weekend to NC State.

The biggest risk to Clemson's playoff chances is finishing 11-1 and missing the ACC title game after losing to either NC State or Boston College during the regular season. (Yes, two-loss Boston College can still win the Atlantic, and Clemson is at BC on Nov. 10.)

Here's the reality: FPI gives NC State just an 11 percent chance to pull off the upset this weekend and a measly 1.4 chance to win out and finish with a 12-0 record. If it does, though, the committee would more than likely be looking at NC State in its top four instead of Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

(sigh) should be "with whoever is playing...."

Oct 18, 2018, 9:30 AM

once we stopped diagramming sentences, civilization mostly came to an end.

Re: (sigh) should be "with whoever is playing...."

Oct 18, 2018, 9:37 AM

I beg to differ, diagraming sentences ruined my composition skills. I didn't become an adequate writer until freshman English class. The Theme Penalty Sheet was my bane early, but it worked. I'm guessing Clemson still uses it.

with whomever is correct. It's the object of the preposition

Oct 18, 2018, 10:23 AM [ in reply to (sigh) should be "with whoever is playing...." ]

Whoever is playing qb, we will beat NCst.

We will beat NCst with whomever is playing qb.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow how ESPN opinions change quickly

Oct 18, 2018, 9:38 AM

BC likely loses to both Syracuse at home and FSU in Tallahassee . We'll beat them as well . I like the coach , I love their grit ... but ACC stands for Another Clemson Championship .

NC State's loss to us has already been discussed lengthily .

That's a word right , lengthily ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Lengthily?

Oct 18, 2018, 10:18 AM

Probly a word. Too many syllables for simpleton like me. I'd go "at length". :)

Re: Lengthily?

Oct 18, 2018, 10:29 AM

You can also use "at width" for lesser durations and "at depth" for even lessier durations

Re: Wow how ESPN opinions change quickly

Oct 18, 2018, 9:41 AM

Wow, great insight

" finish with a 12-0 record. If it does, though, the committee would more than likely be looking at NC State in its top four instead of Clemson."
Ya think !

Only 'bamer can get away with not winning a conference championship. I applaud their efforts to hire under represented women sports analysts, but is she the best they can do.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic