Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow, Rashan Gary's Mom calls into Radio Show, Explains why
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Wow, Rashan Gary's Mom calls into Radio Show, Explains why

Nov 29, 2018, 10:14 AM

he's not overrated

https://twitter.com/JimCosta_/status/1067536995747008513

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Wow, Rashan Gary's Mom calls into Radio Show, Explains why

Nov 29, 2018, 10:20 AM

to me he seems to have had a very quiet career though I dont see Mich a lot

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

she's still counting cash***

Nov 29, 2018, 10:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was decent but didn't have the career you'd expect

Nov 29, 2018, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Wow, Rashan Gary's Mom calls into Radio Show, Explains why ]

from such a heavily recruited player, and one expected to be drafted in the first round. I don't know how representative this is of the Michigan fanbase, but yikes:

https://gbmwolverine.com/2018/11/26/michigan-football-time-to-say-good-riddance-to-rashan-gary/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was decent but didn't have the career you'd expect

Nov 29, 2018, 12:26 PM

Wow, well shut my mouf with a primed hand grenade...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was decent but didn't have the career you'd expect

Nov 29, 2018, 3:41 PM [ in reply to He was decent but didn't have the career you'd expect ]

Diva, massive disappointment, didn't do a single memorable thing during his time at Michigan, Good riddance..
What an unflattering article!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 10:24 AM

Two things that you don't mess with, with a woman/mother, her money or her kids, do either and expect her wrath!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 10:32 AM

Just think where he could have been if they had made a wiser choice in selecting a school/football program.

Nov 29, 2018, 10:51 AM

I don't get all the hype regarding Rashan Gary!!! I watched the game Saturday very closely, paying very close attention to the OL/DL battle. There were very few times when Ohio St. used a double team on Rashan Gary. Most of the time the left tackle for Ohio St. handled him one on one with very good results. Gary made very few plays and not much of an impact on the game. Big Dex gets double and triple teamed every play and still has a major impact on the game. Clemson got the best end of that deal!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st round draft pick maybe?***

Nov 29, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Wow, Rashan Gary's Mom calls into Radio Show, Explains why ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playoffs likely***

Nov 29, 2018, 3:51 PM

I'm not sure overrated is the word I'd use...

Nov 29, 2018, 10:44 AM

but I do think it's fair to say that he did not live up to all the hype of such a highly prized and sought after recruit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Congarts on him being a top 3 pick

Nov 29, 2018, 10:54 AM

Re: Congarts on him being a top 3 pick

Nov 29, 2018, 11:04 AM

I would love to sit down with Swinney one day, of the record of course, and just discuss what goes on behind the scenes of recruiting guys like this...Got a little taste of it in that video of Herbstreit and Musberger in Dabo's office talking about Marshall and Gurley...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Simply, he went to wrong school~***

Nov 29, 2018, 10:54 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 10:55 AM

Good for her!

Nov 29, 2018, 11:06 AM

I would take any of our front 4 over him or Bosa, but both of them are still rated higher on draft estimates. They just are not counting character and work ethic in the equation I guess.

Bahahaha

Nov 29, 2018, 11:23 AM

It's been pretty apparent over the last decade that the NFL gives 0 fu@#$ about character.
Jameis Winston
Chad Kelly
Johnny manziel

The list goes on and on.

Nov 29, 2018, 11:27 AM

I think it's a bit unfair to call him overrated. Perhaps we just don't pay enough attention to Michigan football? His stats are comparable to Ferrell, Wilkins, Lawrence, and Bryant. All of which we think are very good and will be high draft picks.

If anything perhaps his problem will be that we don't know what he is. He's too big (and not quite fast enough) to be a true edge rusher, and not big enough (right now) to be be in the middle.

Stats Compared to Clemson DL:

Rashan Gary:
34 Games; 119 Tackles (3.5 per game); 23 TFL (.67 per game); 9.5 Sacks (.28 per game)

Christian Wilkins:
52 Games; 184 Tackles (3.5 per game); 38.5 TFL (.74 per game); 15 Sacks (.29 per game)

Dexter Lawrence:
37 Games; 126 Tackles (3.4 per game); 15.5 TFL (.41 per game); 9 Sacks (.24 per game)

Clelin Ferrell:
41 Games; 153 Tackles (3.7 per game); 46.5 TFL (1.13 per game); 26 Sacks (.63 per game)

Austin Bryant:
42 Games; 116 Tackles (2.8 per game); 33 TFL (.78 per game); 19 Sacks (.45 per game)

Nov 29, 2018, 12:14 PM

Gary verses Lawrence at DT was a big debate about 4 years ago. We'll never know if Gary would have done better or not at Clemson but based on what I have seen the last 3 seasons, I'm glad for what we have.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 2:28 PM

I think Gary and Lawrence are expected to perform different roles. I see Gary more comparable to Wilkins. They are both athletic enough to play inside or outside. I think Wilkins size gives him the edge.

she sounds like KJ's Mom***

Nov 29, 2018, 12:39 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 12:40 PM

I wonder if he regrets not coming to Clemson, he missed 3 conf Championships , 3 trips to the CFP and the 2016 NC. On top of that he got beat by the Coots. I’m sure that doesn’t matter as much to him but it happened. He will be a late 1st round early 2nd pro pick. So his dream still lives but his college experience has not been that great.
Oh yeah he never beat their rival.

Most likely, Gary and Bosa project higher

Nov 29, 2018, 2:38 PM

Because they aren't teamed with players like the Tigers' Power Rangers are. That always seems to enter the debate...right, or wrong. Now, on the character scale, The Power Rangers set the standard...everyone else is looking up.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic