Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hear about FineBaum today GRiLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Hear about FineBaum today GRiLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why

Dec 3, 2018, 10:19 PM

and asked him to divulge, to prove, there wasn’t collusion since 3 of the 13 members didn’t vote due to ties to various schools..

and this fact that only 10 voters controlled this last vote didn’t go over well with Paul..

and then he questioned the story of there being a 3-way tie between UGa, OK & OHst..and the Chairman did state that there was more of a tie between Dawgs & Sooners..and the committee members voted separarely, not seeing how the other voted, but with the feeling that a 1 loss conference champion merited strong consideration even though Ga may still be 1 of the 4 Best teams.

Paul continued to harass & badger this fellow with the suggestion that the CFP committee make available to the public the committees voting data (not by each member but by group) from their final vote so to show how close each of the final 4,5,6 teams were..

and the Chairman said that wasn’t possible nor would be available.

FineB wouldn’t give up & you could seen he was agitated. Strange conversation!

What was this all about (i do know FineB pushed for Ga to be in top 4).

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLL the CFP Chairman about their decision & why

Dec 3, 2018, 10:21 PM

Finebaum is strange. Period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman in a call about their decision & why

Dec 3, 2018, 10:25 PM

Losing a “sense of power” is often disconcerting for those old, codgety types like Pawl.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah maybe it's just me but it's pretty hard to get a

Dec 3, 2018, 10:30 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By the most basic rules of football

Dec 4, 2018, 12:48 AM

Georgia is 20pts worse than LSU and 7pts worse than Alabama
Florida at #10 is their best win...Florida sucks

I don’t know that Ga is better than OK
I believe OK’s D is not good but they weren’t good last year either and Ga’s O was much better then.
54-48 double OT.
Sorry.
Not buying this GA is a monster nonsense

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why

Dec 3, 2018, 10:38 PM

The committee needs to have its duties properly defined. Are they supposed to pick the 4 best teams? UGA is better than Oklahoma. Should UGA be in with 2 loses? No, but they are better than Oklahoma.

Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why

Dec 3, 2018, 10:46 PM

If it's the four best teams, UGA is in and ND isn't anywhere close. Sucks for UGA, their inept coaching has cost them for a decade, but they are good. They'd beat the pi55 out of ND.

As far as matchups, if I'm being 100% honest, I'd take playing ND over Ga every time. IMO, we got pretty lucky, in regards to a path back to the Natty. We've got this by 20 pts.

Dec 3, 2018, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

Not so fast my friends!! Just how do you guys know, for certain, that Ga. is better then Okie?

Dec 3, 2018, 10:52 PM

By every ranking and metric system we should have never

Dec 3, 2018, 10:56 PM

been champs in 81 ... right up until we were champs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I agree with you that any team can win on a given day

Dec 3, 2018, 11:00 PM

Re: I agree with you that any team can win on a given day

Dec 4, 2018, 9:26 AM

They have 1 loss and are conference champs. Enough said.

If UGA was better, then they would be undefeated or 1 loss conference champs as well.

To top it off, UGA played FIVE non-FBS teams this year. FIVE cupcakes. And they play in the SEC east, which is arguably one of the weakest divisions in college football. Their stats are significantly inflated due to this. They play a cupcake schedule, and they have 2 losses and no conference championship.

UGA is not better than OU. Period. They dont deserve to be included, and the committee made the right choice.

The fact UGA was even in the conversation is absolutely absurd and is simply further proof of an SEC bias that falsely inflates and overhypes SEC teams. UGA would get blown out by any of the teams in the playoff. They only held on with Bama due to Bama's injuries.

Enough of this "UGA deserves to be in" or "UGA is better than OU or ND". No, they arent. Not even close. UGA is a Honda Civic trying to race with Ferraris.

Finebaums recommended final four...

Dec 4, 2018, 10:24 AM

1. Bama
2. UGA
3. Fla.
4. LSU

This says it all!! ??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So far the committee has never been right about the best tea

Dec 4, 2018, 11:04 AM [ in reply to I agree with you that any team can win on a given day ]

m. They are bad at the eye test.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got that right. One of the talking heads( Back then it

Dec 4, 2018, 5:56 AM [ in reply to By every ranking and metric system we should have never ]

was the NEWSPAPER) wrote this,"Clemson arrived this morning on the train, problem is, NEBRASKA WAS PULLING IT".....

False. Oklahoma beat every team they played.

Dec 4, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

UGA lost to 2 teams.

Oklahoma proved they were the best team in their conference. UGA proved they were not.

UGA's best win is comparable to Oklahoma's.

Anyone who thinks UGA is DEFINITELY better than Oklahoma is doing so because UGA didn't get blown out by Alabama. And that is ridiculous.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2018, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

Georgia had their chance and blew it! All the metrics and stats are nothing more than opinions! They are nice and they are fun to talk about but there is a reason you play the games!
Somethings cant be measured, Like heart and guts and want to.
All championships should be decided on the field and Georgia maybe good but they had a chance to prove it and lost!!!!
The Coach fits into the equation as well and Kirby called a fake punt and gave the game to BAMA!

They DON'T know. It's just their opinion, and I find it odd

Dec 3, 2018, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

that so many people can't discern the difference. I'm not saying they are wrong, and they are certainly entitled to their opinions, but that's all it is. If we knew who the best teams were, there would be no point in having a playoff.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 3, 2018, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

THIS ****

I don't buy the metrics argument. It has to be won on the field, not by metrics. Our statistics prof had us read the book, " Lies, Darn Lies and Statistics "

Claiming ga would beat the okies is purely 'eye test'. The pups had their chance to beat 'bamer and lost. It would be nice to see 'bamer lose, just to put an end to the argument.

Dec 3, 2018, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

They don't . LSU walloped Georgia by 3 scores .
No matter how well they played Bama for a half ... two losses and you're out . All othr determining factors in favor of or against shouldn't matter .
They failed on the field to get it done .
If Georgia is the4th best team , then what is LSU ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

That's like saying Purdue should be ranked ahead of tOSU***

Dec 3, 2018, 11:50 PM

Re: That's like saying Purdue should be ranked ahead of tOSU***

Dec 4, 2018, 4:33 AM

Except OSU only screwed up and lost once.

Citadel played them well for a half. Very well...***

Dec 4, 2018, 5:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

It's all over ESPiN and the internet.

Dec 4, 2018, 6:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

Why wouldn't someone believe everything they hear and read?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

I don't like Ohio State at all, but the 4 teams should have been Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Oklahoma. Screw ND if they won't get in a conference and play one less game which isn't right. The committee lacks some integrity by allowing ND in. At least this year they gave due consideration to conference champion over 2 loss dawgs.

I agree. ND could schedule the easiest path possible in the

Dec 4, 2018, 5:59 AM

future....

Determining which of two teams should be included is...

Dec 4, 2018, 6:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

a process, it is not based on one single decision. Before a team can be considered to be 'better,' than another it must have particular qualifications. The first POC laid out the criteria. Win vs losses, common opponents, SOS, Conference championship, head to head outcomes and several other factors must be considered equal before two teams may qualify to be considered for the subjective decision that one is the better of the two.

The problem comes when there is no 'most important,' criterion. If they would say head to head matters most then conference championships then SOS etc... it would be much simpler. The problem is that they seem to change the pecking order of what they consider most important every year.

Imo, part of the problem is that the POC falls to political rhetoric from one year to another and allows that to effect the final decisions. Unfortunately, most of the criteria for qualifications have some subjective influences.

UGA was just beaten by Bama Saturday so there was no reason to think that a rematch would have turned out differently. I can't imagine why people can't see that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Determining which of two teams should be included is...

Dec 4, 2018, 12:35 PM

Yeah, I totally agree with all of what you said. It's good to have criteria to evaluate by, but when the criteria is not clearly weighted then it still leaves things very subjective.

Basically college football took another step towards getting things better when they went from the BCS to the current playoff system, but there's still major flaws. Conference championships should either mean a lot or not even be played if they aren't heavily weighted, as playing an additional game has some potential negative consequences (e.g. injury to a star player). Also, an independent team that does not play for a conference championship should be considered after the conference champions, or just all together left out. In other words join a conference or you likely ain't making the playoffs ulesss you go 12-0 in the regular season.

And not to beat a dead horse, but expanding to 8 teams really has the potential to resolve the vast majority of the remaining issues.

UGA is not Better than Oklahoma ..hth***

Dec 4, 2018, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The logical flaw in all this is assuming UGA is top 4.

Dec 4, 2018, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

We don't know that. We don't know Bama is #1. That's why we have playoffs. The committee is supposed to do their best to make sure the best two teams get in. And you use resume to figure that out.

Oklahoma and UGA are comparable teams.... so they used their process. Oklahoma clearly had the advantage in the metrics that have been made available to us all.

The best two teams are in there somewhere, I believe.

I am happy with the system we have now. Much better than the BCS and MUCH better than a bigger playoff.

how do you know this? UGA will give up 50 points to OK again***

Dec 4, 2018, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 10:46 PM

Yes I did...He kept trying to get him to divulge all the info about the vote. I thought he tried to belittle
him...and he kept on and on..to me, it’s simple to me. UGA had 2 loses and didn’t their conference. OU had 1 loss and was a conference champion. BUT NO, that piece of $hit PF had just kept on...friggin SEC homer and Saban child...

Dec 3, 2018, 11:56 PM

I was a college football fan for at least 60 years before I ever heard Finebaum's name, and I certainly don't watch him. He, nor anything he says, has any importance. The committee did its job, and a 1 loss Power 5 conference champion certainly should be in over a 2 loss conference runner up.

Dec 4, 2018, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you hear about FineBaum today GriLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why ]

This year the conference championships should have ruled the day. No Dawgs and no Domers.

1 Bama
2 Clemson
3 OK
4 OSU

You should have seen what happened during the commercial break!

Dec 3, 2018, 10:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He ought to be suspended from ESecPn for 6 mos. at least if

Dec 3, 2018, 11:01 PM

not fired for going beyond his job description and verbally abusing that poor guy. Also, this morning on first take, he said Ga. not only belonged in top 4, but they were in top 2, better than Clemson. The arrogant obnoxious pr...ck...GO AWAY!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do y'all keep watching that guy?

Dec 3, 2018, 11:05 PM

Re: Why do y'all keep watching that guy?

Dec 3, 2018, 11:17 PM

100% I haven't watched him since their network started, and am the richer man for it. What a homer, and his credibility has left the building, as far as I'm concerned.

Mark Packer (The Pac-Man) would be ideal for that.***

Dec 3, 2018, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Why do y'all keep watching that guy? ]

Re: He ought to be suspended from ESecPn for 6 mos. at least if

Dec 4, 2018, 3:49 AM [ in reply to He ought to be suspended from ESecPn for 6 mos. at least if ]

Poor little BIG EARS doesn't like it when the MIGHTY SEC doesn't get their way!!!!!. The SEC BIAS is strong in that one!!!! We will find out Dec. 29th just how smart the committee is. I think he is truly afraid his mighty TIDE GONNA GET ROLLED !!!!!!!!!. His facial expression will be priceless !!!!!!!GO TIGERS WIN EM ALL !!!!

If bama, Clem and ND had a loss

Dec 3, 2018, 11:37 PM

I’d listen a lot harder to the UGA argument.

2 undefeated conference champs
1 team that went 1-1 with an opponent while winning the conference
1 team that should play a conference championship, but alas they aren’t in a conference 100%...yet

Sorry UGA, y’all are really good but this year it didn’t quite work out.

I would like to see the show

Dec 3, 2018, 11:40 PM

After Oklahoma beats Alabama.

Re: I would like to see the show

Dec 3, 2018, 11:45 PM

Please let this happen! I want to see this as well.

Re: Hear about FineBaum today GRiLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why

Dec 3, 2018, 11:59 PM

People have short memories. We got to the the selection system we have now because the majority of people became fed up with the old BCS system.

The old BCS system selecting the two top teams that would play in the championship by a complicated computer system with no true human input.

Now when the system doesn't come up with the correct answer because a two loss team that didn't win a conference Championship but looks better to lots of people is left out, people want to go back to complicated computer systems.

Is that correct?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Hear about FineBaum today GRiLLing the CFP Chairman by phone about the #4 decision & why

Dec 4, 2018, 12:01 AM

I’m not sure why everyone is so sure Dawgs are better team than OK. I think OK might put hurt on bama.
1) LSU’s offense sucks; would they have scored more on OK defense than UGA defense (36)? My guess is no.
2) UGA scored 7 points in second half vs bama. I Gtee OK will score more than 7 points in second half vs bama.
3) Will OK fake punt at mid field in tie game? No. Coaching decisions count.
Bottom line is UGA is good team, but not great team.

A very compelling argument can be made for Georgia...

Dec 4, 2018, 12:14 AM

but not in favor of a one-loss Power 5 conference champion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 4, 2018, 12:31 AM

Plain and simple Paul. UGA was in the playoff. They win that game and they are in but they choked and now they aren't. Quit your SEC bitching.

Why have a playoff? Bama is clearly #1 and they

Dec 4, 2018, 4:25 AM

already beat #2

Finebaum works for the SEC Network.

Dec 4, 2018, 4:54 AM

I can't imagine why anyone would be confused about Finebaum protecting the SEC brand. As the SEC brand goes so does PF's salary.

Works for, and IS OWNED BY the SECheat Network.

Dec 4, 2018, 12:50 PM

From his twinkletoes to his big floppy ears.

Dec 4, 2018, 5:01 AM

I don't watch his show, don't read his articles and don't pay attention to his nonsense. Actually had never even heard of him until a few years ago.

Dec 4, 2018, 6:41 AM

The purpose is to find a national champion. We know that UGA is not that, so why give them mulligans?

Maybe we should just select a champion from their roster

Dec 4, 2018, 8:33 AM

...and only use wins and losses as a tie breaker

How FineBumm ever got on tv is beyond me

Dec 4, 2018, 8:47 AM

He is boring and those two goons with him are stupid.

Why? B/c you do not lose your way into the CFP

Dec 4, 2018, 11:12 AM

That should be the answer. UGA is not amazingly good. They lost to the two best teams they played.
And LSU is not very good.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic