Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jordan > Lebron
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Jordan > Lebron

Jun 15, 2019, 11:14 PM

I had to educate my son and showed him this video. When it was over my 17 year old said “dad why does everyone compare Lebron to him?”

https://youtu.be/LAr6oAKieHk

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

water is wet***

Jun 15, 2019, 11:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jordan > Lebron

Jun 15, 2019, 11:17 PM

There is NO doubt! In my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2019, 2:38 AM

When it comes to whining, backstabbing ,& throwing everybody, but Lebron, under the bus; L James is the GOAT. ESPN has worked hand in hand w/ James in crafting the fake public perrsona that they tout hourly. He is also racist w/o question.

Jun 16, 2019, 10:12 AM

MJ is the best of all time and there is no close second.

Jun 16, 2019, 10:32 AM

Jordan couldn’t make it out of the first round without help. If we are talking about accomplishments then Kareem or Russell are the best. If we are talking about who plays basketball better then Lebron is lightyears ahead of Jordan because he is a freight train. The only thing Michael Jordan has on lebron as far as scoring goes if free throws.

Jun 16, 2019, 10:49 AM

Kareem and Russell arent even in the conversation. Lebron is not even close to MJ.

Jun 16, 2019, 11:00 AM

Reasoning? Michael Jordan would have been in the stands if he tried to play in the days of Russell.

Jun 16, 2019, 11:06 AM

Why would Jordan be in the stands? Russell played with smaller less athletic dudes. He isnt even in the conversation.

Jun 16, 2019, 11:33 AM

Okay then what is your reasoning for Jordan being better than lebron? You can’t say championships or any other accomplishments because other players are more decorated.

So you can only pick one thing to build an argument around? Come on

Jun 16, 2019, 11:41 AM

He's the best combination of titles, dominance, clutch performances, MVPs, scoring titles, jaw dropping plays, etc.

You, Danny!

Jun 16, 2019, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan > Lebron ]

Why are you demanding 'reasoning' from others for their positions, without offering any of your own. Are you really suggesting that an era with of players from the '60's could remotely compare to even the 80's NBA? I don't think so.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2019, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan > Lebron ]

When asked about being the greatest of all time, Jordan said that it was an honor to be in the conversation, that he would have loved to had the chance to play against the others, but you really could not compare. Lebron called himself the GOAT. If you are the greatest, you don't need to make the claim.

You say I can't use championships to compare Jordan to Lebron because others have more. Let me tell you someone who doesn't, Lebron. Jordan would have had 8 straight had his father not been murdered. I will agree with Jordan, that you really can't say whose the greatest of all time, but if I'm picking a team, I pick Jordan before Lebron 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

That's one of the dumbest things I've read on this board***

Jun 16, 2019, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Jordan > Lebron ]

Jun 16, 2019, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan > Lebron ]

Reasoning? Michael Jordan would have been in the stands if he tried to play in the days of Russell.

Lebron & ESPN have campaigned, force fed the public subliminal propaganda, & manufactured narratives to force this conversation & argument.
Lebron & a LOADED Miami team got punked in the Finals by Dirk Nowitzki and a team of past their prime journeymen, the diva was also exposed by a lesser talented Spurs team. (Russell's 11 ships were in an 8 team league)

uh....

Jun 17, 2019, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan > Lebron ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 16, 2019, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan > Lebron ]

To me, you just proved the OP’s point. I agree that Lebron is a freight train, but being how MJ is smaller he had to have better shooting skills and ball handling skills. Lebron just charges his way down the court and anybody with a brain basically steps out of the way cause they don’t wanna get mowed over. MJ wasn’t the biggest guy on the court so when he charged in for a layup or dunk people (they actually played D back then) weren’t afraid to get in front of him and put their hands up. So he had to be more creative with layups and ball handling. Which was what produced those unbelievable highlights of him making backwards layups and crazy dunks where he shifts from one side to the other. What he did takes more skill. Lebron is a freak, but he was gifted with a larger frame and he takes advantage of that. I don’t see how this is even a debate.

Without help???

Jun 16, 2019, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan > Lebron ]

Up until Rodman all he ever had was Pippen. Never had more than an average center. BJ Armstrong was average. Paxton, Kerr, and Kukoc hit a lot of three’s because they were always wide open due to MJ. Kerr wasn’t even average before joining the Bulls. Meanwhile Lebron has cried his way from one All Star team to the next. And we all saw what happened this past year without help....make it out of the first round phew he didn’t even make it to the playoffs. Heck Kobe>Lebron.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Without help???

Jun 16, 2019, 10:43 PM

MJ also had the greatest coach in NBA history so you could say that might have helped with the titles but idk. MJ is the goat when it comes to being competitive and having that winning mentality no doubt. LBJ is the goat when it comes to playing the 1-5 and being the most physically athletic size and ability combo to ever live. Both are great in their own way. Hard to compare the 2. It would be like saying who was better Barry Sanders or Tom Brady.

Jun 16, 2019, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan > Lebron ]

Its better to be suspected of being an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Jun 16, 2019, 10:47 AM

Everyone else should ask the same question. I've probably seen all those multiple times and they STILL make me grin in appreciation. Lebron (and all other NBA players) should be wishing MJ Happy Father's Day today. Hard to envision anyone else coming along with as much talent, effectivenes and artistry (which in and of itself may be the final separation from all), but would love to see it. Such a shame that Lenny Bias essentially killed himself using Coke and deprived himself and history of the matchups those two would've had in the NBA. Thanks for posting (even though nothing to do with Clemson or Football - though I guess he unsurprisingly did get 3 wins in Littlejohn)

Jordan > everyone

Jun 16, 2019, 11:42 AM

No need to single out Lebron, who probably has a great case for being #2.

Jun 16, 2019, 1:20 PM

You showed him the push off. It’s not Jordan or Lebron. It’s more like Bird vs Magic. You know when they still called the rules

Jun 16, 2019, 1:36 PM

Dude had ice in his veins. He proved it over and over and over. He IS he GOAT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2019, 10:44 PM

LBJ has more game winning shots that MJ had just so ya know.

Jun 17, 2019, 8:24 PM

Why does this get a TD? It is truth. It's like saying MJ has more rings.

Hopefully your son recognized the blatant push off

Jun 16, 2019, 2:01 PM

by Jordan on that shot over Bryon Russell.

The “Jordan Rules” were a real thing. MJ got away with murder at times.

With that said, Jordan was amazing. I don’t think he’s the clear cut GOAT, as there are others who have a solid argument as well. But Jordan would get my vote as the second best ever, behind Wilt.

With that said, he gets too much credit for the Bulls’ success. As a result, Scottie Pippen gets far too little. They were both superstars in the 90s. It wasn’t just MJ carrying the load by himself with no help.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Ok, Judge...

Jun 16, 2019, 2:06 PM

What about the other 49 plays?

I edited my post since your reply.***

Jun 16, 2019, 2:08 PM

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

LOL...no worries...

Jun 16, 2019, 3:43 PM

No player does it alone...however, I do take exception to credit for Pippen. Scottie was convinced the Bulls would win when MJ left. That was a crock. And when MJ returned, I'll submit Toni Kukoc was more integral to success than Scottie. On his own, Scottie tanked.

Oh...and Horace Grant DEFINITELY had a hand in the Bulls' success! ;)

Re: Hopefully your son recognized the blatant push off

Jun 16, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Hopefully your son recognized the blatant push off ]

Dirtiest player ever was John Stockton. Lots of great players found/find ways to push limits. Jordan is the GOAT with what he did from his rookie season through the end of the Bulls Dynasty. SP and the other cast of characters were incredible role players with SP being the other alpha. Jordan didn’t do it all on his own consistently and that is not the basis for my opinion. When you objectively look at the body of his work, pageantry, drama and actual NBA defense, I stand by my claim.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Jordan Rules were a defensive strategy aimed at stopping

Jun 16, 2019, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Hopefully your son recognized the blatant push off ]

MJ, ### do you think they are?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m referring to the book by Sam Smith

Jun 16, 2019, 6:03 PM

which takes its name from the Pistons’ defensive strategy against Jordan. However, the book goes into detail about who MJ was and the preferential treatment he often got.

Re: I’m referring to the book by Sam Smith

Jun 16, 2019, 6:24 PM

Judge, The guy was an SOB, absolutely! Teammates and opps hated him. Can’t though take away from what he put in the books or his relentless work ethic.

He was great, no doubt.

Jun 17, 2019, 8:55 PM

Jun 16, 2019, 3:49 PM

The fact that Lebron plays in an era that the refs have decided to give players 3-4 steps and not call traveling pretty much negates him from the GOAT convo IMO. Not to mention he’s one of the worst with his “crab step” as he likes to call it.

Here’s another

Jun 16, 2019, 5:27 PM

https://youtu.be/ztF_vO3zlAg

Yep it’s not close the 90’s bulls would kick the #### out of these teams today***

Jun 16, 2019, 8:04 PM

Jordan... No reason whatsoever for debate.***

Jun 16, 2019, 8:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2019, 8:52 PM

Not a doubt. The only argument is who is #2.***

Jun 16, 2019, 10:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MJ is on another level. The real comparison should be is LBJ

Jun 17, 2019, 7:59 AM

above Kareem, Bird, or Baylor. I don't think so but you could make the argument. The top echelon argument is Jordan or Russell. You could make a case that Lebron isn't even top 5. I'd definitely put him in the Top 10 though just because of his athletic ability. He lacks the intangibles though of leadership, clutchness, and the ability to promote team cohesion.Most of his teammates in the past all complain about being on his teams. But the fact that heas 6-9 fast and a freak athlete gets him in teh top 10 in my book. He's just so physically gifted.

Re: MJ is on another level. The real comparison should be is LBJ

Jun 17, 2019, 11:13 AM

I love Bill Russell as a baller, but if you look at his teams, practically every Celtics starter throughout the 60's is in the HOF. That's not an exaggeration. Look it up. Nothing against him, but his "supporting cast" was actually a bunch of lead actors. He's in my top 10, but not #1.

I think it's important to look not only at pure stats, but also consider who revolutionized the game. Three come to mind for me:
1) Jordan, who if they do a post mortem on him they'll likely discover he has a heart like Secretariat's. He was relentless and tireless in a way I haven't seen in anybody else (I'm 55). Kobe's probably the closest, or better, least far behind.
2) Magic Johnson, who revolutionized the point by making it a viable position for somebody with ball skills and a big body. And then, when Kareem was out in the 1980 championship, started at center and scored 42, had 15 rebs, and 7 assists to win the series. That may be the greatest individual performance ever, in my book.
3) Kareem, whose sky hook was undefendable, and note that nobody's duplicated it since (not an argument against his game, btw). I guess we could say that Kareem's game was one-of-a-kind, more than revolutionary. More chips for Kareem on that score.

Nobody else in my lifetime has been as revolutionary, or one-of-a-kind, in the sport. Not Larry, not Lebron, not Duncan, not Kawhi (the heir apparent to greatness).

If MJ and Lebron met on the court, MJ would run circles around LeBron and force "freight train" Lebron into lots of fouls. Lebron would get his points--most of them, anyway--but MJ would leave with the trophy.

And thanks to the video for reminding us that MJ had a stellar college career, including a National Title, in Dean Smith's balanced scoring scheme. That counts in my book. Either that or discount Lebron's first 3 years in the NBA (and Garnett's, and Moses Malone's, etc.)

My top 5:
1) MJ
2) Magic
3) Kareem
4) Kobe
5) LeBron and Bird in a tie (which Lebron will break)

Jordan is the clear cut ?? GOAT in my eyes

Jun 17, 2019, 2:26 PM

And this is coming from a professional Tar Heel hater

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic