Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody here scared of what NC HC Mack Brown might produce this & following years @ CH?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Anybody here scared of what NC HC Mack Brown might produce this & following years @ CH?

Apr 19, 2019, 11:42 AM

Well, he is crafty, experienced & dislikes Clemson I believe & gave us a few good games in past.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody here scared of what NC HC Mack Brown might produce this & following years @ CH?

Apr 19, 2019, 11:53 AM

I’m not worried at all. But I sure hope the blue bellies win game one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. His best days are behind him. He lost control of his program at Texas.***

Apr 19, 2019, 11:56 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody here scared of what NC HC Mack Brown might produce this & following years @ CH?

Apr 19, 2019, 11:57 AM

If Mac's there three seasons, I will be shocked.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2019, 11:59 AM

Dont matter, won multitude of natties now, we are overloaded with talent and a coach Mack should fear, DABO!!!... now if he brings in a better team to try and compete against our Tigers, then bless his little heart!! Suck it Mack Brown and them tarholes!!! Stomp a mudhole in those mud heels ....

Apr 19, 2019, 12:01 PM

why should we be scared.. of brown, of muschamp, of anyone? they can't catch us. we have to come back to them. The ACC didn't catch us post danny Ford. we came back to them. bobby Bowden made the mistake of getting old at FSU.. and FSU came back to the league. UNC hired matt Daughtery (sp?) and came back to the league for a while.

look at it this way. Clemson football is going down the road at 100 mph. UNC, usc, etc have been going 50 mph. all of a sudden they "speed up to 75 mph. they aren't catching us, they're just not falling as far behind. they only make up ground if we take a "pit stop" for some reason.

if i was scared, i'd get a dog.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all due respect to Coach Ford, Bowden was a better coach

Apr 19, 2019, 4:41 PM

and as a result, FSU was already passing us as a program at the end of Ford’s tenure at Clemson. Granted, I don’t think we would’ve lost 57-0 to them if Danny had remained at Clemson, but I don’t think there is any basis to believe that we would’ve remained competitive against FSU in the early 90s and beyond. We were a good, solid top 15 program under Danny, but not nearly at the level of what FSU became.

EDIT: Just reread your post and realized what you were saying.

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: With all due respect to Coach Ford, Bowden was a better coach

Apr 19, 2019, 4:53 PM

not sure I would say that, Dabo seems to be better recruiter in this day and time, but Ford was a #### good coach

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With all due respect to Coach Ford, Bowden was a better coach

Apr 19, 2019, 5:53 PM

And ..., not a bad recruiter .....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

He couldn’t win the ACC at UNC when he was in his prime

Apr 19, 2019, 12:03 PM

I don’t think the over the hill version will be any better.

Apr 19, 2019, 12:04 PM

Nope. Not at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2019, 12:05 PM

No. And he loves Dabo and Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2019, 12:08 PM

No worries for Clemson, but a good season or two and a bowl victory would make the ACC look better.

Apr 19, 2019, 12:07 PM

Following years?

I'm guessing he's more likely to produce a funeral in the following years than a winning season

Apr 19, 2019, 12:10 PM

I think he will have moderate short term success with coaching abilities and the inherited athletic talent currently on the team. It would be difficult for him not to show improvements over the first couple of years. But recruiting will get tougher as he gets older and recruits start wondering how long he will be there. Long term success requires good recruiting and talent development. I would not say I would be scared, but would not overlook them either.

Apr 19, 2019, 12:14 PM

Not this year and not that I would ever be scared in the far seeable future, but if he stays long enough he will make them competitive again.

Apr 19, 2019, 12:24 PM

One last run a'la Lou Holtz. I only wish him the same amount of success Lou had on his last run.

Wait, that was a real thing? I thought it was one of those

Apr 19, 2019, 12:25 PM

silly ESPN commercial ideas... like the Oregon duck being sad he can't go into the pond.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will it take him as long to turn them around as last time?

Apr 19, 2019, 12:39 PM

The Tar Heels were miserable to begin his first stint at UNC ... 2-40 his first two seasons!

Does he have time to go through that again?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Does he have time to go through that again?"

Apr 19, 2019, 2:05 PM

God, I hope so!!!!!!! What a beautiful thought . . . 2 - 40 Tarholes . . . Perfect!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Does he have time to go through that again?"

Apr 19, 2019, 3:54 PM

2-20, not 2-40, which would have been quite a feat! It took him quite a while to get the Tarheels into respectability, but yes, they became pretty good under Brown. He's not really a world beater though. Vince Young got him a NC.

Apr 19, 2019, 1:12 PM

no I'm just very glad he isnt on tv anymore. He was memorably terrible there. As bad as I've seen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both UNCheat fans enjoyed the spring game.

Apr 19, 2019, 1:23 PM

The answer is no.

Nope..

Apr 19, 2019, 1:37 PM

his tenure will be brief.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2019, 2:15 PM

Who?

Did you listen to him on ESPN the last two years?

Apr 19, 2019, 4:33 PM

The guy is a joke

Who?***

Apr 19, 2019, 4:38 PM

Apr 19, 2019, 4:46 PM

Mack has already stated that he wants to be just like Oklahoma... Which means we will beat them like a rented mule...

Mack Brown and Dabo

Apr 19, 2019, 4:58 PM

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/12/27/now-acc-rivals-relationship-dabo-swinney-mack-brown-started-long-before-clemson-became-cfp-power

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 19, 2019, 5:07 PM

No. Mack won't be able to take the grind - and it IS a grind even for those around 40-55. Every old warhorse likes to be asked to run once more - but at 68? It's too late. I'm 3 years Mack's junior, and I can tell you things you could do at 35 or 45 aren't there at 65+. Doesn't mean you're dead - just means it's unrealistic you can build a whole new career from scratch.

When SCar got Lou, he was 62. Didn't work so well. Spurrier came in at about 59-60. Worked a little while, but when that "70" came calling - totally different deal.

Mack likely knows he's back for 2 or 3, but doubt he wants to hang around like B.Bowden or JoePa did & get run out of town.

With Spurrier, they had to get on their knees & beg him to come back 1 more year. He agreed, but a few games in, he just said, "Sorry - can't do it."

Mack will hate the grind after a year, but might stick it out for 2 or 3 - then "So long ya'll!"

LBB - Don’t worry ..,,,

Apr 19, 2019, 5:52 PM

...... be happy !! -:D

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

he must like us, he let Dabo watch practice at Texas***

Apr 19, 2019, 6:24 PM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic