Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will the AAF affect CFB? What say you?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 988

Will the AAF affect CFB? What say you?

Jan 10, 2019, 11:48 AM

Seems possible, but unknown yet. For one thing, it depends on whether they have the 3 year restriction ala the NFL. If they don't, they basically become the official NFL minor league system, and could be attractive to some kids only focused on football skill development. Even if they hold to the 3 yr restriction, the AAF could be a lure for more mid-skill players to declare. Take a Ben Boulware for example, he could skip his senior year, go play AAF while getting paid against nearly league level talent.. and then see if he gets invited to a league pre-season camp in July. If not, stay in the AAF.

The AAF is well connected with the NFL. I can really seeing it be attractive to the Boulwares of the world. You gonna come back to college for a 4th year or go get paid $250K and improve your NFL possibility?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will the AAF affect CFB? What say you?

Jan 10, 2019, 11:55 AM

It won't affect Clemson, but it would kill the rest of five and lower-tier SEC teams such as the coots.

NFL draft worthiness is all about visibility and performance against top talent. Clemson can offer both as being "primetime at noon" as well as national championship results. Also, top talent wants access to top coaching and development. Clemson has both and is stable/consistent in both.

However, those mid-level teams and bottom level SEC teams will lose talent to the AAF because if you are going to go between 3-7 wins each season, and you are not concerned about any academic pursuit, then why not make money. You won't get good development at U(of)SC so there is no loss going to the AAF.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 988
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic