Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Will anyone be held accountable?"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 682

"Will anyone be held accountable?"

Mar 25, 2019, 5:39 PM

Don't really care about apologies, but the investigators need to be investigated.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/435552-apologies-to-president-trump

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The investigators appointed by the guy who was appointed by

Mar 25, 2019, 6:40 PM

The Trump Administration need to be investigated? Lulz. By whom? The Dems?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The investigators appointed by the guy who was appointed by

Mar 25, 2019, 6:45 PM

Spin it any way you want son. Won't change the fact you're a loser today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure am a loser today. I hate Trump and want him

Mar 25, 2019, 8:07 PM

gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a bad weekend for you, Joe.

Mar 25, 2019, 9:25 PM

Trump ran ISIS out of Syria and took all the land they held, Kavanaugh is still on the bench and one of his accusers is charged with bank fraud, extortion and his pron star client is suing him, the media is exposed for two years worth of reporting unsubstantiated claims of collusion against Trump since Trump is cleared of those charges.

Just think how good Trump's weekend turned out and you'll enjoy your misery much worse. Sara Sanders was glowing instead of being stressed by the media. WOW, that's gonna leave a mark.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a bad weekend for you, Joe.

Mar 26, 2019, 6:18 AM

ISIS would have been in the same situatiom with or without Trump. He was a non factor. Obama did more to get rid of ISIS than Trump did, because he was in office longer. Nothing changed under Trump.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not really. There were strategic and tactical differences.

Mar 26, 2019, 7:55 AM

And it seems dubious to give Obama that much credit when this “JV Team” sprouted up under his watch.

https://www.heritage.org/middle-east/commentary/did-trump-really-beat-isis

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Obama did more to get rid of ISIS"....

Mar 26, 2019, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: It was a bad weekend for you, Joe. ]

perhaps you meant:

"Obama did more to give rise to ISIS..."?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Dubya but no Iraq invasion, no ISIS.***

Mar 26, 2019, 10:08 AM

That's a bit of a leap....

Mar 26, 2019, 11:06 AM

not sure anyone knows for sure what would have happened in that region with Saddam left in power.

We know for sure ISIS only exists because he was removed.

Mar 26, 2019, 11:19 AM

Are you suggesting that ISIS, which was created as a result of the power vacuum after Saddam was removed, would have existed with Saddam in power? You are not suggesting that are you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ISIL started before he was removed...

Mar 26, 2019, 11:32 AM

I don't have time now to look it up but I think it started in 1999.

Certainly it become more known and active as part of the insurgency after the US invaded.

But given the situation in Syria and the region as a whole, I don't think we can assume what would have happened had Saddam stayed in power in Iraq.

Not really. You are probably referencing the establishment

Mar 26, 2019, 11:40 AM

of Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, which was a pre-cursor to ISIS. Started by al-Zarqawi in 1999, he didn't step foot in Iraq until 2001 and they were nothing more than an Al Qaeda affiliated terrorist cell that primarily targeted Jordan.

It was only after our 2003 invasion that Al Qaeda used this cell to establish their own insurgency in Iraq which eventually splintered off and became ISIS.

There is no ISIS without our invasion. That is extremely obvious if you look into it with any depth.

That's idle speculation about a man you hate.

Mar 26, 2019, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: It was a bad weekend for you, Joe. ]

You are sounding like a teenager whose girl friend bragged about her ex's daring feat, 'I could do that.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ISIS grew because of Bush and Obama and shrank because of

Mar 26, 2019, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: It was a bad weekend for you, Joe. ]

Russia and Iran. Though, Trump did less to contribute to the growth/creation of ISIS than either Bush or Obama. The US caused ISIS to exist, the same way we caused Al Qaeda to exist.

sure, sure

Mar 27, 2019, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: It was a bad weekend for you, Joe. ]

might need to get an ISIS opinion on that one

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump did not run ISIS out of Syria. If anything we slowed

Mar 26, 2019, 11:29 AM [ in reply to It was a bad weekend for you, Joe. ]

down their elimination. Trump did this to a lesser extent than Obama, for sure, but the idea that Trump, or the US, is primarily responsible for removing ISIS, is total bullsh*t.

the messers become the messees***

Mar 25, 2019, 8:37 PM [ in reply to The investigators appointed by the guy who was appointed by ]

Did you cut your brother in half...

Mar 25, 2019, 9:02 PM [ in reply to The investigators appointed by the guy who was appointed by ]

because you've gone smell blind. The Trump administration was the target.

Mueller leaked nothing and the only thing I remember coming from Mueller was a letter a few weeks ago which said Buzzfeed story that Trump directed Cohen to lie to congress was false. Trump, according to Mueller did not instruct Cohen to lie.

"It's highly unusual for the special counsel's office to provide a statement to the media -- outside of court filings and judicial hearings -- about any of its ongoing investigative activities...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/mueller-statement-buzzfeed/index.html

So no, they aren't talking about investigating Mueller but the people who promoted Steele's tabloid article so hard it became justification to spy on Trump and his campaign in the middle of him running for president.

I don't know what to call your comment. It's at least a strawman question.

Remember when Obama was president, back when the Russians hacked emails and published false reports? Yeah, the Obama administration was responsible for all that and they started this witch hunt based on lies, collusion with the DNC, Hillary's campaign, Comey, Lisa Page, Strzok and all the ex-heads of some of the other intelligence agencies.

Agreed

Mar 25, 2019, 8:24 PM

But they have an agenda.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Watch the irony, Doc.***

Mar 26, 2019, 9:28 PM

What perverted "logic" ....

Mar 26, 2019, 7:54 AM

Mueller was appointed to do a job. He did the job very well and, in my opinion, he deserves our thanks and respect. He has done nothing but serve his country in his professional career. To say otherwise is just plain wrong.

I also don't think the probe was a waste of time/resources. There was so much "smoke" around Trump that was questionable and seemed to point to possible collusion. I, for one, am very glad that our POTUS was proven to have not colluded with a foreign adversary. I think anyone who is disappointed in the result of this investigation needs to re-examine their perspective. I strongly dislike Trump, but this whole attitude of cheering for our President to be a traitor just so he can be removed politically is asinine and the purest form of putting politics over country.

My hope is now that Trump has been cleared of collusion that we can focus more directly, and in a bi-partisan manner, on the fact that Russia tried to sway our election(s).

I think what needs to be cleared up is the concern

Mar 26, 2019, 8:03 AM

That intelligence agencies and the justice dept were weaponized against Trump both while he was a candidate and post-election. I don’t like the man any more than you do, so it’s not a “poor Trump” gnashing of teeth.

Between Kavanaugh, this “collusion” debacle, and now the electoral college “debate”, the left is showing a serious win at all costs pre and post election mentality, and I’d certainly like it to be kept in check, or ultimately it will impact a candidate you do feel positively about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I can sign on to looking into the points you raise...

Mar 26, 2019, 9:43 AM

I just don't understand how one wraps up Mueller into all of that.

Mueller is the symbol of the investigation from the...

Mar 26, 2019, 9:53 AM

FISA abuse to the cheap shot he took by leaving a crack for the dems to slip further rhetoric through. I haven't taken any shots at Mueller as personal but as shots at the FBI, CIA, Obama's Justice department for initiating and perpetuating this collusion conspiracy.

Exactly....

Mar 26, 2019, 10:04 AM

why is Mueller included as a shot at the CIA, FBI, and Obama DOJ? He left the FBI in 2013 and was appointed special council by Trump's DOJ, well after all of the issues you listed (outside of the cheap shot, which is a comment that doesn't make much sense to me).

No flow you got me wrong.

Mar 26, 2019, 9:17 PM

My shots were at the investigation because I believed it was unjustified from the start. My only shot at Mueller is verified by Alan Dershowitz who said Mueller appeared to leave the job unfinished due to not slamming the door on the collusion conspiracy.

I think Mueller was insulating himself from dems' criticism for failing to give them what they wanted, evidence of collusion. They had Trump dead to right, smoking gun, blood on the hands, they believed. He just didn't have the sak to tell them what they didn't want to hear. He straddled the fence and it's kept the dems off his butt so far.

It won't be long. When they get him in session and drill him he will not lie. He's not going to lie to congress.

You sure aren't afraid to make a lot of assumptions....

Mar 27, 2019, 9:04 AM

why in the world would Mueller be afraid of what the dems would say?

I don't know why he didn't make a judgement on obstruction. My guess is it has more to do with a Constitutional question than an evidence question and that's why he didn't pass judgement. The AG summary led me to believe that there is no other evidence outside of what is in the public already.

You said " job unfinished due to not slamming the door on the collusion conspiracy." From where I'm sitting, Mueller DID slam the door shut on the collusion conspiracy.

I bet you would tell Mueller to his face that he didn't have the "sak" to do something. He was a rifle platoon leader in the Marines and Vietnam. I'm pretty sure his "sak" credentials are solid!

I meant to say 'obstruction of justice.'

Mar 27, 2019, 9:53 AM

Sorry about that. I also speculated on why he didn't slam the door on obstruction. That's a legal issue which requires proof of motive beyond a reasonable doubt. When there's no underlying crime it's almost impossible to show motive because there is no reason for an innocent person to try and foil justice when justice serves to his exoneration.

Did Trump like being investigated? Who does, who would? Did he like his authority being challenged, do you, would you if you were elected POTUS? Is he childish in these issues? Imo, absolutely but I'm not sure I wouldn't have defended myself in public has I been accused of treason in public.

I continue to believe that Mueller didn't want to get bad mouthed by dems for not finding anything suitable to justify removing Trump from office. We'll see if they turn on the man who was at one time 'ordained to save their democracy.'

Re: "Will anyone be held accountable?"

Mar 26, 2019, 10:22 AM

jesus fucking chist, this could have gone a lot worse for trump, and people are going to attack Mueller now? He did the right thing.

Alan Dershowitz had criticism for Mueller which included...

Mar 27, 2019, 9:58 AM

not slamming the door on the obstruction charge. He isn't just anybody he's one of the most esteemed legal minds in the nation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Dershowitz

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS773US773&ei=cYCbXK3PA-nF_Qb-j7zgBg&q=alan+dershowitz+unequivocally+no+obstruction+of+justice&oq=alan+dershowitz+unequivocally+no+obstruction&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.33i160.5377.16219..19955...0.0..0.254.2997.18j9j2......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131j0j0i67j33i22i29i30j33i299.KCYE94iPygs

After they investigate the investigators, I think that the

Mar 26, 2019, 11:35 AM

investigators of the investigators should also be investigated just so that nothing gets missed.

Re: After they investigate the investigators, I think that the

Mar 26, 2019, 9:18 PM

Sounds like fun and it will keep congress from raising taxes or floating some new stupid green idea.

Replies: 32
| visibility 682
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic