Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why would we agree to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Why would we agree to

Feb 28, 2019, 4:02 PM

play Georgia Tech in a Chick Fil A Kickoff classic with Tech designated as the home team? I get that we will play them at Benz stadium rather than Grant Field, which is probably an advantage. But the article I read in the AJC says that since Clemson is the visitor, they will be allotted only 4,300 tickets and a lower payout. Isn't the ticket amount lower than what we would have been allotted if playing on Tech's campus? What's iin it for Clemson other than not having to play on Tech's campus. But the Benz is only about a mile away and one neighborhood away from campus.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/how-the-georgia-tech-clemson-chick-fil-kickoff-game-came-together/LexuS3hxRStgwcGJsfkIKI/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would we agree to

Feb 28, 2019, 4:23 PM

I'd say there is a good amount benefit for Clemson playing in the Kickoff Classic rather than just a standard home game at Tech. There is a good deal more build-up for the game, that creates more interest/eyeballs from potential recruits. More opportunity for Clemson fans to get tickets. A better venue/experience for players and fans.

I certainly don't see a lot of negatives from playing it this way. I believe that ticket allotment is fairly standard for an away game.

Well I guess as long as they are giving up their on-campus

Feb 28, 2019, 4:29 PM

home game it will work out fine. What you say makes sense, but the 4,300 just seemed very low to me. I'm sure our fans will buy a great deal of the leftover and will probably have more people there than we would at Tech.

Do we get GT's tickets when they don't sell? Haha***

Feb 28, 2019, 4:25 PM

My only minor complaint is that games like this take away

Feb 28, 2019, 4:40 PM

that "collegiate" feel. I like the aluminum bleachers in the sunlight more than stadium seats in a dome. I like the real grass better than the turf.

The bigger the game, the more you lose the things that separate the college from the pros. College tailgates and Pro tailgates are just different.

Maybe I'm just gettign old.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

The two CFP

Feb 28, 2019, 4:51 PM

Games had a GREAT collegiate feel to them! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe I understand what you're saying... but GT+21 .***

Feb 28, 2019, 9:19 PM [ in reply to My only minor complaint is that games like this take away ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would we agree to

Feb 28, 2019, 5:18 PM

we had more (or as many) fans at Grant field last year with the same ticket allotment.

Place will be orange.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An earlier article said it was revenue friendly for GT?

Feb 28, 2019, 5:30 PM

I'll let Dabo figure out our side.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson fans will out-number the Tech fans...

Feb 28, 2019, 5:40 PM

as usual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Money, I don’t know the payout but it’s 5M for the UGA game.

Feb 28, 2019, 7:02 PM

I don’t see a downside to playing and away conferences game and getting a check from the black and white cow company.

To take more of their players out of Georgia?***

Feb 28, 2019, 9:11 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic