Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is Texas A&M and Syracuse games scheduled together?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 3,052

Why is Texas A&M and Syracuse games scheduled together?

Jul 27, 2019, 1:15 PM

Why is arguably our two toughest games scheduled one week from one another? Back to back. That’s the only complaint I have about our schedule just wish those games was spaced out a bit. Those two will be tough i believe now I predict a 12-0 regular season I do. But if there was a hiccup it would be right there. Go Tigers looking forward to another national championship! And looking forward to the coots stumbling to 6-6 and remaining the little baby brother

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swofford. ***

Jul 27, 2019, 1:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Swofford. ***

Jul 27, 2019, 5:58 PM

ditto!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is Texas A&M and Syracuse games scheduled together?

Jul 27, 2019, 1:21 PM

I am not remotely worried about Syracuse. I would be surprised if we dont win by 28+.

Jul 27, 2019, 1:41 PM

Probably by more than 28 bc, I'm sure that our guys remember the hit on TL knocking him out of the game with a shoulder to the head after he was already going to the ground!!! IMO, that should have been a targeting penalty!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2019, 2:00 PM

Amen.been screaming that since it happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 27, 2019, 2:08 PM

From about the 7-7:10 mark, watch the slow motion version, it was a dirty hit IMO!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOCfqUEl9Bk&t=464s

Jul 27, 2019, 2:11 PM

Babers game plan every year hinges on taking out the Clemson QB.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Fire Swofford!!***

Jul 28, 2019, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is Texas A&M and Syracuse games scheduled together? ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 27, 2019, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is Texas A&M and Syracuse games scheduled together? ]

The fault was on TL for trying to keep running on a play he never had a chance of getting a first down on, and for diving head first. The defender wouldn’t know he was already out of bounds, and his job is to prevent the running from getting additional yards. Any defender is going to take the opportunity to place a hit on a QB. Defenders hit runners as they’re going to the ground all the time. The difference here is TL dove with his head and ended up hurt. Dabo himself even said it was the inexperience of TL that was to blame.

Jul 27, 2019, 5:39 PM

Agree. Clean hit.

Jul 27, 2019, 6:56 PM

Unfortunate hit, but clean.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2019, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is Texas A&M and Syracuse games scheduled together? ]

Unfortunate hit, but clean.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2019, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is Texas A&M and Syracuse games scheduled together? ]

Absolutely

Jul 27, 2019, 1:28 PM

Red headed step brother!!!

"Orange" headed step brother.

Jul 27, 2019, 1:38 PM

Jul 27, 2019, 1:43 PM

I repeat: This is exactly why I'm so concerned about the Aggies. The Syracuse game has a big target painted on it by the media (and probably the players).

I sure hope they don't take anything for granted the week before at home against the most dangerous team on the schedule.

Jul 27, 2019, 1:50 PM

They definitely won't be thinking about Cuse at all. The game vs A&M is way huger.

Jul 27, 2019, 1:54 PM

You, I and most other Clemson fans would objectively agree it's a tougher contest. But even before recent media days, Syracuse was getting most of the attention.

Maybe my concern is unfounded. That would be a good thing.

Jul 27, 2019, 2:13 PM

Maybe Gameday will be in Clemson for A&M?

Jul 28, 2019, 10:50 PM

Gameday will almost certainly be at LSU-Texas that week. They just don't do 3:30 PM games for Gameday that often (though it has happened) and LSU and Texas haven't played in a while. Week 3 is kinda slim pickins so it'll probably be Gameday at Syracuse, since ESPN seems to enjoy going to schools they haven't visited before.

GO TIGERS

*are***

Jul 27, 2019, 2:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jul 27, 2019, 4:59 PM

Clemson picked the A&M date. True the conf then used the adjoining date for Syracuse. But we can pick our non conf dates before the the league schedule is made up

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fun fact:

Jul 27, 2019, 5:51 PM

Clemson: 11.5 (Over +130, Under -156)
Miami: 8.5 (Over -130, Under +112)
Virginia Tech: 8.5 (Over -146, Under +124)
NC State: 7.5 (Over +154, Under -184)
Florida State: 7 (Over -124, Under +106)
Wake Forest: 7 (Over -108, Under -108)
Boston College: 6.5 (Over +132, Under -156)
Duke: 6.5 (Over +205, Under -250)
Pitt: 6 (Over -108, Under -108)
Virginia: 6 (Over -168, Under +144)
Syracuse: 5 (Over -146, Under +124)
North Carolina: 4.5 (Over -108, Under -108)
Georgia Tech: 4 (Over +124, Under -146)
Louisville: 4 (Over +154, Under -184)

Re: Fun fact:

Jul 27, 2019, 6:59 PM

Syracuse will suck.

Jul 28, 2019, 1:48 PM

Aggie here, not pandering to the home crowd... But I just don't think we'll be ready when we visit y'all. Jimbo certainly has the team headed in the right direction. I don't think it will be "easy". But if I understand correctly, you have a lot of talent coming back, and it will be at Clemson after we have only a light scrimmage game against a hapless Texas State team in Kyle Field.

Way early in the season it's ridiculous to even attempt to guess, but I am guessing we have too many bugs to work out with the loss of Trayveon Williams (he was the key running back we had last year) and TE Sternberger to overcome a visit to Clemson. Thinking something like 35 Clemson to 17-21 Aggies, with it being competitive first half, but ultimately succumbing in the fourth quarter type of game.

On paper, it's how I see it. We're still a young team though, and we may get surprised with some new names. Sternberger was a welcome surprise last year, as was Kendrick Rogers (who will be returning). So, I wouldn't count us out. I just don't think the "steady foundation" is there yet and unless I'm mistaken, you have most of your key players returning.

(For the record, I have no sympathy for any grievances you may feel about your schedule... ours looks like murder this year...@ Clemson, @ Georgia and @ LSU, who will likely still be pissed about last year... so our "consolation prize" is we get Bama and Auburn at home... wheeee.....).

Jul 28, 2019, 7:12 PM

C2Ag93 said:

Aggie here, not pandering to the home crowd... But I just don't think we'll be ready when we visit y'all. Jimbo certainly has the team headed in the right direction. I don't think it will be "easy". But if I understand correctly, you have a lot of talent coming back, and it will be at Clemson after we have only a light scrimmage game against a hapless Texas State team in Kyle Field.

Way early in the season it's ridiculous to even attempt to guess, but I am guessing we have too many bugs to work out with the loss of Trayveon Williams (he was the key running back we had last year) and TE Sternberger to overcome a visit to Clemson. Thinking something like 35 Clemson to 17-21 Aggies, with it being competitive first half, but ultimately succumbing in the fourth quarter type of game.

On paper, it's how I see it. We're still a young team though, and we may get surprised with some new names. Sternberger was a welcome surprise last year, as was Kendrick Rogers (who will be returning). So, I wouldn't count us out. I just don't think the "steady foundation" is there yet and unless I'm mistaken, you have most of your key players returning.

(For the record, I have no sympathy for any grievances you may feel about your schedule... ours looks like murder this year...@ Clemson, @ Georgia and @ LSU, who will likely still be pissed about last year... so our "consolation prize" is we get Bama and Auburn at home... wheeee.....).

Maybe. Dabo's teams tend to peak in November and December because of how much depth he develops. Clemson plays more guys than any other team in the country - fact, not invective. (Georgia was #2) Which translates to about 75 guys a game getting meaningful snaps.

Precisely because of this, I think, Clemson under Dabo tends to look very clunky in September. Clemson is still working out a very complicated and lengthy player rotation and is living with a ton of Young Player mistakes all at once.

If you're going to beat Clemson, you definitely want them early. By midseason the Tigers are a different team and by bowl season they're peaking...even as everybody else is gimping to the stretch. You saw it with your own eyes last year; the team that barely escaped Kyle Field last September was assuredly not the same one that mowed down Notre Dame and Alabama for fun in the playoffs.

So expect a tighter game than the pundits or experts expect. Just my .02 worth.

Jul 28, 2019, 1:57 PM

Many of our fans complain when people say our schedule is too easy, but somehow we’re now complaining of how unfair it is to play A&M and Syracuse in back to back weeks?

Jul 28, 2019, 1:58 PM

Coot, not worried at all

Jul 28, 2019, 3:23 PM

Easy answer man!!!! We're playing the 3rd and 4th best teams on our schedule on back to back games in Sept to give us a small sip of what it'll be like to play the 1st and 2nd best teams we'll play back to back in Jan.

Easy enough for ya?

Replies: 29
| visibility 3,052
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic