Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why if you champion a $15 min. wage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 732

Why if you champion a $15 min. wage

Jul 21, 2019, 8:15 AM

Would you not automatically set that as what your campaign pays and not have to get them to bargain for it? Somehow this is just another thing that makes me go hmmmmm.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-sanders-defends-staff-pay-203528686.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why if you champion a $15 min. wage

Jul 21, 2019, 8:43 AM

Any reply along the lines of they need every dollar to get elected is immediately discounted and filed in the ignorant pile. Currently they are NO different than any small to medium buisness owner would be sitting in the office trying to figure out costs,product prices and how to make payroll while earning a living under their proposals. Maybe a bit of time living what they expouse would do them good perhaps?

It's only fair if you're going to open borders, provide...

Jul 21, 2019, 9:16 AM

all America social benefits to illegals and give them free health insurance that you demand more money for them to send back to central America, Africa and the Middle East.

The obvious solution is to establish a one world government so equal rights to call anyone who doesn't agree with you a racist is established across the globe. We wouldn't have all these man made constructs like borders and whites.

We could elect Lousi Farrakhan president. Rev Wright minister of religion, Al Sharpton chief justice of the Supreme World Court, Jessy Jackson Attorney General and the Jr High girls as Supreme Leaders of the Euroasia, Africa, N and S America. Move all whites to the south pole so global warming can work and save bullets.

Past that none of those suggested authorities will be satisfied.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The snake is eating its tail.

Jul 21, 2019, 9:03 AM

Best to not stop it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should only work for liberal bosses and companies that

Jul 21, 2019, 9:57 AM

pay you more and treat you better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You should only work for liberal bosses and companies that

Jul 21, 2019, 11:13 AM

But But these are the folks vying to be TOP Boss. SO what better liberal Boss could one hope to work for? Just asking for a friend.....

Listen, that's just empty rhetoric. Everyone knows it.

Jul 21, 2019, 4:04 PM

If minimum wage becomes $15, we will have inflation. The cost WILL be offset in prices of core goods and services. We have inflation and we will go broke with our debt. Obama with a dem congress didn't raise minimum wage. Neither would Bernie with a dem congress.

Sheeple are clueless why a $15 minimum wage can't happen. Oh, but they'll vote away to whoever can promise it. Same reason Trump's barely built ONE MILE of new walls along our border.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Listen, that's just empty rhetoric. Everyone knows it.

Jul 21, 2019, 5:22 PM

Yup but could not resist a bit of poking since they are so very mouthy on the subject. Along with "free" health care, student debt voiding, affordable housing as a human right and list goes on and on and on. Sadly there are a bunch of folks dumb enough to vote that plank.

We may disagree on the wall, if Trump could get the money from Congress or the courts would stop with the injunctions on shifting funds I do believe he would be building a whole bunch of miles of that wall.

a rising tide raises all ships

Jul 21, 2019, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Listen, that's just empty rhetoric. Everyone knows it. ]

Washington state raised theirs to $12 from $9.47. Their consumer price index rose 2.3% last year

The national average was 1.6%

I agree that states are a laboratory for federal policy, so maybe wait and see?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a rising tide raises all ships

Jul 21, 2019, 5:47 PM

Possibly but there are 2 studies out there that show polar opposite effects for the wage increases on hours worked and jobs lost. Thing is it was not about the wage increases per se but some of the vocal candidates not walking the very talk they spout. Hope the project is going okay.

Jul 21, 2019, 9:36 PM

Can someone please tag Felix? We need to hear his excuses too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 4:07 PM

Can someone please tag Felix? We need to hear his excuses too.

No excusese necessary ########, you just need to actually read the article. The title is very misleading....here, let me help you:

"Sanders said field organizers, who are the lowest-ranking members of a presidential campaign and are typically in their 20s, make $36,000 a year with 100% employer-paid health care, as well as paid vacation and sick leave."

Do you get 100% employer paid health care???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pfft...

Jul 22, 2019, 8:16 PM

What's that? That's a late-80s salary+benefit plan!

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Jul 21, 2019, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: a rising tide raises all ships ]

GOP has their trickle down theory, we have been doing it for the last 35 years starting in the Reagan years when we were only a few hundred billion in debt, worker wages have been frozen, and a growing concentration of wealth has further corrupted our political system.

What the progressives are saying, being that 70% of economic activity in the country is consumer based, is to reward the middle and working class instead, be it through tax breaks and increasing minimum wage. The idea is that you put more money into the pockets of consumers who buy more goods and services which leads to growth and more jobs.

I think it is time we try something different, because our current economic polices are little more than lavish gifts for the donor class while working america is getting hung out to dry.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who are these 'progressives'

Jul 22, 2019, 6:17 AM

That are being referenced? I see Dems, Pubs, conservatives, libs, leftists, rightists, wackos, nuts...and a few libertarians sprinkled about. Progressives? You're not talking Flo and Jimmy, are you?

On a tad more serious note, and while I'm sure helping spend more is a divine notion...how does any of that foster more savings, which seems to be a massive gorilla at the dinner table?

Actually...forget it. It's not even 6:30AM...I've only downed one cup of java crude...and seriously doubt a response will elicit anything more than one of the above labels thrown my way. Of course, that could be amusing in its' own right, since I don't believe I've tipped my hand one way or the other. Gorilla will probably get me in trouble, though! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why if you champion a $15 min. wage

Jul 22, 2019, 4:03 PM

You didn't actually read the article, did you? It states very clearly that they average $17 an hour and they limit staffers time so they never fall below $15.

Sort of makes me go...hmmmm.

;)

More hmmmm

Jul 22, 2019, 4:05 PM

"Sanders said field organizers, who are the lowest-ranking members of a presidential campaign and are typically in their 20s, make $36,000 a year with 100% employer-paid health care, as well as paid vacation and sick leave."

100% employer paid health care? Paid vacation, paid sick leave?

The problem is where?

they will be laid off soon

Jul 22, 2019, 8:02 PM

happens every 4 yrs

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm all for a Minimum Wage of $15 per Hour!

Jul 22, 2019, 8:28 PM

In 2048.

You EARN that kinda salary: not have it HANDED TO YOU at a first or entry-level job.

Besides, what's all the boners about $15 per hour! You wanna live today? You need double that to live independant.

You only get that ADVANCING your career. Work harder Americans, stop complaining!

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 18
| visibility 732
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic