Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why can't our Oline pass protect?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Why can't our Oline pass protect?

Oct 8, 2018, 10:51 PM

It's very frustrating. We are going to get Trevor hurt if things don't get cleaned up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why can't our Oline pass protect?

Oct 8, 2018, 11:01 PM

Trevor holds the ball too long

Oct 8, 2018, 11:10 PM

No line can hold indefinitely. They are doing so much better in the last 2 weeks than past teams since DF, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's probably 'cause Muscoot can't recruit

Oct 8, 2018, 11:35 PM

…decent OL at South Carolina due to it being a 2cnd-rate academic institution.

just a gut feeling.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 11:44 PM

C P D
H E I
I C R
C K T
K
E
N
S

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 9, 2018, 12:00 AM

It's very frustrating. We are going to get Trevor hurt if things don't get cleaned up.

What’s the point? Don’t need pass protection when you can’t pass. I’m trying to figure out why you have an O-line when you have no O.

Wrong Board - Coots are that way >>>>>

Oct 9, 2018, 7:27 AM

bye

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Oct 9, 2018, 7:59 AM

They are currently working on TL's internal clock. It is a little slow, so it needs some adjustment. We're good. Carry on.

Oct 9, 2018, 8:12 AM

Since everybody else wants to be ###### bags and act like everything is peachy, I’ll answer your question. 50, 62, and 76 can’t pass block. I don’t know why they can’t. Either they’re not being developed (except 62 he’s still young) or they’re just not good enough. We absolutely have to get better in that area because the truth is, if and when we play bama Tony Elliot WILL NOT RUN THE BALL. Mark it down. So no matter how powerful our run game is you can pretty much scrap it vs bama. Elliot will get pass happy

Oct 9, 2018, 8:21 AM

Agree. The right side is the weak link on the O line.

Oct 9, 2018, 8:25 AM

We need 73 to stay healthy so we can rotate 62 and 76 at RG. You never know which one is going to play better on a given day. Having 62 and 76 in at the same time is a concern

Too much time practicing screen plays***

Oct 9, 2018, 8:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When playcalling gets you into third and long on the regular

Oct 9, 2018, 8:13 AM

it becomes very difficult to pass protect. The entire defense knows what you're going to do.

Re: When playcalling gets you into third and long on the regular

Oct 9, 2018, 8:27 AM

That’s no excuse. You’re telling me a&m, Syracuse, and even wf at times has better pash rushers than we have pass blockers? I don’t care if they send 6 on 5 we should pick it up.

6-0, just sayin’***

Oct 9, 2018, 8:25 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 6-0, just sayin’***

Oct 9, 2018, 8:29 AM

God you people. 6-0 doesn’t mean #### dude. And it’s a sloppy 6-0. We’re not playing to an elite standard in the pass protection department. Not even close. So you’re 6-0 record you’re so happy about will end up with a loss if our lack of pass protection gets Trevor hurt. Chase Brice won’t beat everybody

Fear the thumb, fear the other hand, fear both feet

Oct 9, 2018, 8:57 AM

Tell 'em coot

Re: Fear the thumb, fear the other hand, fear both feet

Oct 9, 2018, 9:04 AM

Told 'em coot

Oct 9, 2018, 8:33 AM [ in reply to 6-0, just sayin’*** ]

Perfect example of why records mean nothing if you’re “just getting by”
What was Clemson baseball’s record two seasons ago at one point? 33-7? Destined for a national seed. Didn’t get it and lost a regional because we couldn’t score with RISP. The problem we couldn’t get fixed all year finally burned us in the end against good teams.
Exact same thing last year good record throughout the season and lost another regional because we wouldn’t fix our issues. The same issues. Scoring runs with RISP

So I think you know what you can do with your 6-0

Oct 9, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to 6-0, just sayin’*** ]

This is just another perfect example of a tnetter pointing out a glaring weakness even while we’re winning games and people just get butthurt over it...... “Oh but we’re 6-0” WHO CARES? We’ve played 1 decent team. I mean are we just a little bit better than Kentucky who played a&m really well at their place too? Is that our standard now be better than Kentucky? Come on people.
And come the end of the season if our pass protection does cost us an injury or a game I’m sure you’ll be on here talking about how bad they were all season. AFTER THE FACT. Hindsight’s 20/20

My standard is to remember my previous posts and not

Oct 9, 2018, 8:42 AM

contradict myself. Was Desmond right or wrong?

"Desmond wasn't right..."

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Desmond-Howard-wasn%E2%80%99t-right-but-he-wasn%E2%80%99t-far-off-either-1836202?tstart=0

"Desmond was right and 1 awesome game doesn’t change that."

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Why-do-the-coaches-have-to-always-fire-back-at-outsiders-1836334?tstart=0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: My standard is to remember my previous posts and not

Oct 9, 2018, 8:59 AM

He wasn't right about us being a finesse offense, but he wasn't far off.
He was right that we need to get more physical

lol.***

Oct 9, 2018, 9:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: My standard is to remember my previous posts and not

Oct 9, 2018, 9:01 AM [ in reply to My standard is to remember my previous posts and not ]

Power runs aren't finesse. We do a lot of that. However when you pulling guards don't touch anybody then you aren't being physical enough. Finesse to me is a term that should be used for play calling. Not the actual play on the field. Our play calling isn't finesse.

TL;DR... Although if I read this post it will save me from

Oct 9, 2018, 9:02 AM

having to read your next one, which will just say the opposite.

Re: TL;DR... Although if I read this post it will save me from

Oct 9, 2018, 9:06 AM

sorry Miss Francis

No personal attacks.***

Oct 9, 2018, 9:12 AM

Re: No personal attacks.***

Oct 9, 2018, 9:16 AM

It's not. I'm sure you're a gorgeous granny

Final warning.***

Oct 9, 2018, 9:16 AM

Re: Final warning.***

Oct 9, 2018, 9:19 AM

Final "don't care"
If you don't like what i post then #### off

No profanity. Please review the rules.

Oct 9, 2018, 9:24 AM

null

Re: No profanity. Please review the rules.

Oct 9, 2018, 9:41 AM

ditto

Just curious

Oct 9, 2018, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: My standard is to remember my previous posts and not ]

Where'd you get the Idea for the Spruce handle ? Thanks

As far as O Line is concerned. Trying to get 10 guys ready,mix and match em,is a work in progress. Mistakes and crap will happen trying to do that. While we watch the game and scream,why is this guy or that guy in there with the score only 7/14 - nothing, Dabo has a plan. If it works ,GREAT. If it doesn't, his 5 main guys will still be well rested and healthy for the Playoff push.

Re: Just curious

Oct 9, 2018, 9:12 AM

Yea but who are the 5 main guys? We don't have a solidified starter at RG. Cervenka plays better than Falcinelli when he comes in at center too. Bockhurst does well too. Stewart plays more than them though? Who would your 5 be?

Re: Just curious

Oct 9, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Just curious ]

They may be well rested but won't have much chemistry if we're "mixing and matching" all the time. We need a solid starting 5 now!!!! We are at the midpoint. It's not early anymore

Oct 9, 2018, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: 6-0, just sayin’*** ]

Welcome back tigs577

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 9, 2018, 9:17 AM

You people seriously got tigs577 banned?
Just 1 less baseball mind on here to discuss reality with

Were you born in 1995?***

Oct 9, 2018, 8:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Fear the thumb, fear the other hand, fear both feet

Oct 9, 2018, 8:56 AM

Tell 'em coot

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic