Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are so many on this board critical of DRad?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Why are so many on this board critical of DRad?

Jun 5, 2015, 6:09 PM

What has he done in his time here that is so bad? I'm not defending him just don't understand what he has done to upset folks so much.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might want to ask the same question on a GT site.***

Jun 5, 2015, 6:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the man's in a position of power holding keys to something

Jun 5, 2015, 6:17 PM

loved, enjoyed, lauded & revered by throngs with a passion equal to that of 1000 burning suns.

i imagine there's room for disappointment in there when "expectations" aren't met.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, weren't expectations not met with a recent employee

Jun 5, 2015, 6:56 PM

at Clemson?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

it's a fool that looks for logic

Jun 5, 2015, 7:01 PM

in the chambers of the human heart.

;)

some of y'all ###### is kray kray.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you gave me TD. I see. I'm not part of the

Jun 5, 2015, 7:03 PM

click.

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

not me, i don't give TDs, save the ones i gave to franc

Jun 5, 2015, 7:05 PM

years ago.

Re: the man's in a position of power holding keys to something

Jun 6, 2015, 4:48 PM [ in reply to the man's in a position of power holding keys to something ]

> loved, enjoyed, lauded & revered by throngs
> with a passion equal to that of 1000 burning suns.
>
> i imagine there's room for disappointment in there
> when "expectations" aren't met.
>

1000 burning suns is quite a lot and to my thinking something of an exaggeration. My experience is that meaningful dialogue on a subject is best maintained by reasonable metaphor. To wit 14 and 1/2 maybe 15 burning suns max is a more reasonable estimation. Or put another way the passion generated by what we used to call a "carolina rodeo". That being at the height of passion one whispers into his wife's ear, "...your sister does this better" and then trying to stay on top for 8 seconds. That is also a useful metaphor for comparing the passion generated by the Clemson fan base.

Good times....

and sell someone short? oh no...

Jun 6, 2015, 4:57 PM

you know how they can be.

:)

Re: Why are so many on this board critical of DRad?

Jun 5, 2015, 6:19 PM

He should have gotten rid of Jack last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for some there always has to be a boogeyman.

Jun 5, 2015, 6:37 PM

They don't like that Jack was fired so they have to vilify the one who did it.

Jun 5, 2015, 6:42 PM

I don't understand it either, so far so good.
Just because GT sucks at basketball now I guess they think he is not doing a good job here.

Jun 5, 2015, 7:05 PM

He's made three hires here. women's basketball, volleyball, and rowing. Check and see how we're doing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2015, 7:13 PM

Like you really give a care about those sports. And, how long has he been here? Two years?

Yep, let's call ourselves Clemson fans and then bash the AD.

So, you want our AD to fail?

Jun 5, 2015, 7:34 PM

Almost three years but who's counting? And no, I don't really care about those sports but it's all I have to go on and it isn't promising. He dang well ought to care about those sports. For his other hires please tell me how GT basketball and baseball are doing? How is their financial situation? How is their probation he almost single handedly caused going? Ask a GT fan how they feel about him. Of course I don't want him to fail. Will be happy to be wrong. Why does a "wise tiger" need to make ad hominem attacks. I gave reason I see for concern and you respond by questioning the sincerity of my interest and then accuse me of actually wanting ill for the program without ever addressing what I said. And why should the AD be some kind of sacred cow. People have bashed Leggett on here for years under the guise of being fans but I have issues with the AD and I'm the and guy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2015, 7:43 PM

Lighten up Francis. Ask how LSU liked DRad. Two years, three years. You really cannot gauge anything in that timeline and It's really about football, yep, I said it.

You f'ers want to scream "I'm right!!" Instead of really wanting what's best for Clemson. You really want him to fail so you can pump your chest and slam a beer at 5 points.

Jun 5, 2015, 8:00 PM

way to make it personal ########. Rad was associate AD at LSU so I wouldn't give him too much credit for anything but since you want to he can take credit for Smoke Laval. Very encouraging for baseball. He's also credited with a great deal of the work behind Colonial Life Arena during his time at USC and that has worked out gangbusters. Bodes well for Littlejohn and our basketball future. It's completely absurd for someone arguing on the Internet that the other side of the issue just wants to scream "I'm right." I'm sorry you can't actually debate the issue - since you're clearly on the wrong side as of today. If giving stroke jobs to administrators is your idea of a good time I'd would rather slam a beer in 5 points. Some fan you are, you just want to give the AD a hard-on no matter how bad it is for Clemson.

Jun 5, 2015, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are so many on this board critical of DRad? ]

He hired rowing coach. Rowing great facility finished fourth or fifth this year Track coach old LSU buddy. DRad is about DRad. He will leave soon as possible and our debt will choke us.

Easy...He's an outsider who hasn't been here long...

Jun 5, 2015, 6:55 PM

That's enough for some on here.

Because some fans feel threatened by an outsider.

Jun 5, 2015, 7:40 PM

Especially when that person has the ability to make big decisions. Thus, the athletic director is an easy target. Maybe they think he doesn't care about Clemson as much as they do, or perhaps they tend to distrust anyone they don't know. Either way, it's really unfair.

Plus, this isn't unique to DRad. The same thing happened with TDP, with Bobby Robinson, etc.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

because he has failed miserably at

Jun 5, 2015, 8:14 PM

leading the charge to get Swofford kicked out as commissioner, and denouncing the academic hypocrisy that the tarhole university has covered up for so long. The ACC ADs and presidents need to start calling for unc to come clean to same face for the rest of the members.

Seriously

Jun 5, 2015, 8:26 PM

the ADs have zero power to do what you want. Direct your criticism towards Clements because he's the one in a position to accomplish your goals. The ADs have just slightly more stroke than the coaches in the ACC power structure.

Re: Seriously

Jun 5, 2015, 8:46 PM

Did i not say presidents? I just took the opportunity to lightenup the criticism of drad, get a dig in at tholetig, and bring up the seriousness of having the holes answer for their transgressions. I thought i did a pretty good job, but i guess not if I'm getting criticised instead of you agreeing with me.

Jun 5, 2015, 8:24 PM

First sign of trouble I read here was his remodeling of his suite at the stadium Folks were ticked off here. Also reduction in football expenditures for other projects like cross walks etc

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2015, 9:06 PM

I thought barker was the only one that did things like that

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apples to apples.

Jun 6, 2015, 8:34 AM

Compare our love for Drad to our love for John Swafford.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2015, 12:20 PM

His history is one of someone whom you should be weary of. Before coming here:

- blew through all of GT's money.
- lied to NCAA investigators
- hired Brian Gregory which was a good name at the time, but had horrendous results
- gave Paul Johnson a big contract which looked real bad before this past season
- gave Danny hall a 5 year extension. Hall hasn't won a regional since 2006

Since coming here:
- gave Dabo a contract extension that gives Dabo all the power (I like Dabo, but that buyout is a bad deal for Clemson)
- gave Brownell a $5 million buyout for 3 NIT wins
- continuously changing plans of Littlejohn remodel so now we will spend over $60 mil on an arena that looks the same
- baseball facilities have consistently been delayed and then of course we fire the coach before they were ever completed.
- many would like to know more about how the rankings flipped in the CFP so that we missed out on the Citrus Bowl

Finally, the truth.

Jun 6, 2015, 4:22 PM

Thank you.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic