Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why People Bond
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Why People Bond

Nov 21, 2018, 12:17 PM

There have been numerous threads on TigerNet and other boards re how some coaches are able to establish close bonds with his staff and team members. Some coaches have excellent programs but appear to lack the quality that makes the game fun as well as productive. Dabo appears to have a moral compass that dictates how to motivate and guide his players to be the best they can be on the field, in the classroom and in their daily lives. And in doing so, a bond is established between players and coaches that will last a lite time.

Many years after WW2m I began thinking how the "Fearsome Foursome" came to be. There was me, "Rebel". Steve Kozak (Pollock), Melvin Balikov (Bali) and Leavitt Pope (Spoon). We were truly a diverse group. Pollock was Catholic, of Polish descent and from a working family in Wilmerding, PA. Bali was Jewish, from a business family in Chicago. Spoon came from a wealthy family, was Catholic and from a suburb of New York City. And then there was me, a Protestant, from Florida and my Dad was a Railroad Agent.

I finally realized our bond was basically due to our moral values and that fact transcended all of our other factors, including our differences. Moral values tend to be manifested in other aspects of our lives, and quite often, dictate our future.

Moral values in no way guarantee perfection in our thoughts and actions, but they do provide a template for guidance in our every day lives. Our conscience becomes our personal police on whether we have adhered to our moral values.

Rather than prolong this post, my next post re the "Fearsome Foursome" will provide a look back at the post war path for these four guys.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe is one of the three wise men

Nov 21, 2018, 1:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe is one of the three wise men

Nov 21, 2018, 1:47 PM

I love the picture, but does it snow often in Bethlehem ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe is one of the three wise men

Nov 21, 2018, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Joe is one of the three wise men ]

I think you're right! Wondering who the other two might be here on tnet?? Maybe Rev Dodd? Not sure there's a third...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why People Bond

Nov 21, 2018, 1:03 PM

Would completely agree. AMEN!

Nov 21, 2018, 1:19 PM

“Conscious becomes our personal police”. Outstanding! Can’t wait to read more. Sounds like you are a Dabo kind of guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 8:44 PM

Matching moral values is also the key to a good marriage. (In my opinion)

Nov 22, 2018, 11:48 AM

Joe, I recall reading about a study (survey?) conducted post war - through Viet Nam, I believe. When asked “Why they fought?”, a majority of combat veterans stated their fellow soldiers were the primary motivator for them.

In my many years of service, I have always noted a strong, and quickly developed bond among my fellow service members (I served both in the Army and then the Air Force).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic