Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Dabo is so special to Clemson and to college football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Why Dabo is so special to Clemson and to college football

Jan 18, 2019, 9:26 AM

There have been many stories about him and what sets him apart, but I've been giving it some thought as I've rewatched the games and read recaps on the season. In no particular order:

* He knows he represents not only Clemson football but Clemson University and all of its alumni, staff, former players and fans
* He wants to develop great men who are leaders in the world, not just great football players who are leaders on the field. This shows in our player leaders and in those who have left the program.
* He leads by example - passion, joy, focus, humility - and this filters down to these kids who spend 3-5 years under his leadership
* He has built this program around family. The players are treated like his and his coaches own family. His coaches are encouraged to make their families a priority. I think this is a big reason we have so relatively few transfers of players and so much stability on our coaching staff. It's family. Not just football.
* He's grounded. He's more than just football. As he says, Jesus, Others, Yourself. He lives it. He's come from dirt and knows what's important. I have no doubts that if something crazy were to happen and he were to lose it all and have to go back to real estate that he would be just as joyful and exuberant as he is now.
* He understands his position of influence. He knows that as the HC of a major college football program, many eyes are on him. He makes the most of his platform to have the most positive influence he can have. It's been great seeing my friends on FB, many of whom have zero attachment to Clemson, post videos of his speeches or memes with his sayings on them. He is taking his platform and using it not to further himself, or even Clemson, but to influence, encourage and lead others.

It's been said many, many times before, but we are so truly blessed to have him lead this football team and represent this university and fan base. National Championships are great - I'm still giddy about this last one - but to have people all around the country and even the world know of Clemson Univ as a result of his leadership and our football team's performance and recognize that Clemson is a place of integrity and that whether it's football or academics, Best is truly The Standard. Makes me even more proud than ever before to wear The Paw when I'm around town or especially out of town. It now represents not just football but character and excellence.

Thank you Coach!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, I forgot one....

Jan 18, 2019, 9:37 AM

He's a seriously kick-a$$ football coach who knows how to win!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why Dabo is so special to Clemson and to college football

Jan 18, 2019, 9:48 AM

Very well constructed. +1.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's interesting to read the Bama forums and note there...

Jan 18, 2019, 11:10 AM

...is clearly a segment of the Bama fans that would not like Dabo as their coach. That sentiment is typically seen when there is a discussion of Saban retiring or when some folks over there offer praise to Dabo.

I'm not sure what the probelm is....I guess some folks just like a mean looking, miserable looking, boring guy at the helm.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic