Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whoa Whoa Whoa! This is getting blown way out of proportion!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,360

Whoa Whoa Whoa! This is getting blown way out of proportion!

Nov 26, 2018, 7:43 AM

We have a coach who has created a sustained program that only a few in the history of college football have been able to do.

I think it's safe to say that by Dabo's very animated reaction to Christian's Heisman pose, one could deduce that he was intensely into the game and giving them Anything was unacceptable...and Christian knew that. I'm sure none of us thought that was flag worthy along with the butt roll.

We had way more mistakes than we are used to seeing on the defensive side of the ball. Dabo said that.

Dabo has coaches and players to work with to correct more than what any of us saw because none of us know all the facts. Dabo does. All these guys are professionals..and I mean top of the line they professionals. These are the guys you'd fly around the world to see if they were brain surgeons.

I think Dabo expects the Monday morning (Sun AM) quarterbacking. I don't recall EVER seeing an article headlined with something like we saw.

Add that to fatigue, frustration and the perception of ingratitude, you get this silliness going on.

It's just a game which we vicariously want to be the ultimate fighter and just almost kill everybody when you simply need to beat your opponent. It's a lesson I needed to be reminded of as well.

Things were said that should not have been printed as a byline. Mix all this crap together and this is what we have.

A lack of communication and appreciation usually leads to sparks flying.

A good way to communicate would be to write an article that conveys the Overwhelming feelings of support,pride and appreciation of the Clemson fan base. Everyone needs a pat on the back once in a while not a foot to the nads.

Including myself,I think we all need to shut up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whoa Whoa Whoa! This is getting blown way out of proportion!

Nov 26, 2018, 7:47 AM

Well said. We have become spoiled.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dabo should have addressed it

Nov 26, 2018, 7:56 AM

with David Hood personally. There was no need to have a public hissy fit. The fan base can't control what one person says or one writer writes.

Re: Whoa Whoa Whoa! This is getting blown way out of proportion!

Nov 26, 2018, 8:12 AM

I have no problem with what you said. Well written, but flip the record for a second. There is always a "B" side.
So let me present you with the "B" side.
I have had the conversation several times with my cousin( a Clemson Grad), and friends at work who( or is it whom) all agree that at times Clemson likes a "Killer Instinct".They either start a game off slow or let an opponent"hang around".They can't seem to put an opponent away early.
Granted this was our "Rivalry" game, against our heated, and hated foe, but this game should have been over at halftime.
Had this been Bama, it would have been because Bama has a "running " game, but the coots didn't. All we had to do was stop their passing game, but Bentley chewed us apart, and I dare anyone to tell me otherwise.
We play like this against Bama or Notre Dame, both who can run, it won't be a contest.
I love a 3 touchdown win against the coots as much as anybody here, but it doesn't take an expert to see our defense had some issues.
Even our Defensive Coordinator says he was "embarrassed".And I wouldn't trade Brent for any other coordinator in all of college football.
Now I'm no "armchair quarterback" so I will leave it up to our coaching staff to fix it.
And now I will"shut -up"!

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,360
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic