Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here we go. Now $20 is the new $15.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 409

Here we go. Now $20 is the new $15.

Jul 23, 2019, 12:07 PM

This is why I don't like a minimum wage. It's never good enough.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tlaib-calls-for-20-an-hour-minimum-wage

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

the American flag will be next...***

Jul 23, 2019, 12:10 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Do it and when the price of a Big Mac doubles

Jul 23, 2019, 12:27 PM

Then they will call for $30. Then you get inflation.

For the record, $10 an hour is plenty enough for a "living wage" if you're an illegal worker. I've seen them live off literally less than $100 a week, all the while making $600 a week. The $500 difference goes back home to Guatemala or Mexico, etc. and then that $500 a week lets their parents and siblings live like kings. I've seen a dozen living in an extended stay hotel room which costs $40 a night. Divide that by 12. Add in food. Literally live on $100 or less a week. Dems know this. Even with both houses in Congress and Obama in the White House, it never happened. Because it can't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who the hell was talking about illegals?

Jul 23, 2019, 1:08 PM

With regard to the OP...one congresswoman calling for $20 minimum wage is news? When 218 reps get behind it, let us know...or you can just keep on, you know, with the hyperbole.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had an extended family of 7 adult Mexicans males...

Jul 23, 2019, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Do it and when the price of a Big Mac doubles ]

working for me during the G'ville City Hall asbestos removal and renovation project. First let me say that in all my years of construction I never had harder workers, better men in general who were more faithfully dedicated to the job or honest than them.

They worked their butts off, respected the father of the group who was uncle to one of them and all had basic understandings of English. They live light, eating beans and tomatoes mostly and regularly sent money back to their mothers and other family members in Mexico. They all came by legal means though chain migration.

No one here can imagine how much respect I have for each and every one of them. We are not talking about legal Mexican immigrants here, we are talking about illegals who are disregarding our law and our border. How conveniently democrats leave out the 'illegal,' modifier when talking about immigrants. This is an insult to lump illegal aliens in with legal immigrants.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most I've dealt with were all just like you described

Jul 23, 2019, 2:14 PM

except they came here illegally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 409
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic