Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who most influenced you in becoming a Tiger fan?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 80
| visibility 1

Who most influenced you in becoming a Tiger fan?

Aug 18, 2019, 1:28 PM

For me, it was a couple of grade school buddies who first took me to games in the mid 70s. Both of them enrolled at Clemson with me in 1986. Of my graduating class of 66, 22 of us went to Clemson.

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True Tiger fans were born that way

Aug 18, 2019, 1:31 PM

HTH that helps.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

LOL I CHOSE to be a Tiger

Aug 18, 2019, 1:39 PM

Sorry you did not get that chance

So you are saying you chose to pull for someone else

Aug 19, 2019, 8:10 AM

for the first 6-8 years of your life? That is inexcusable. Even as a mere tadpole swimming towards my other half, I knew who to cheer for.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Are you forgetting the 1969 ACC championship?

Aug 21, 2019, 5:06 PM

Just kidding there, but I have seen pictures of me as a 4 year old with a GC sweatshirt on. My Dad attend SCAR for a year, and we lived in Orangeburg, which was a lot closer to SCAR than Clemson. My parents had zero connection to either school, except for that pesky diploma. Always one to go my own way, I became a Tiger by choice around age 7, and my brother and I became first generation Tigers 8-10 years after that. Incidentally, my dad is now the biggest Tiger fan/Coot hater you could imagine.

Re: Who most influenced you in becoming a Tiger fan?

Aug 18, 2019, 1:32 PM

They ran option football.

My Dad for sure!

Aug 18, 2019, 1:34 PM

Class of 1946 who enlisted after only one semester in early 1943 to join the US Army Air Corps and to go overseas.

He never got back to Clemson, but he took a job there in 1957 and subsequently I grew up a Tiger.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Dad for sure!

Aug 18, 2019, 1:43 PM

Similar story!

My Sister '84 Grad and Seaver Gville Clemson Clan

Aug 21, 2019, 6:00 PM

Disco Tiger Rag in the late '70s with Tear Away Jersey's. Cliff Austin and Bostic's- I have been hooked since. Graduated in '93

My dad as well. Thanks for taking me to all of those games.***

Aug 18, 2019, 11:25 PM [ in reply to My Dad for sure! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Aug 18, 2019, 1:35 PM

when I got my acceptance letter.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You would need acceptance

Aug 18, 2019, 1:53 PM

+1

Aug 18, 2019, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Who most influenced you in becoming a Tiger fan? ]

+1 - that was my thought

There is a choice?

Aug 18, 2019, 1:37 PM

I didn't get to choose to be born, but I'm glad my blood runneth orange.

In all seriousness, my mom and grandmother went to Clemson. I grew up knowing I was going to go to Clemson one day.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Went to Greenville Tech and wanted to study Engineering

Aug 18, 2019, 1:38 PM

there really was no other choice. Transferring anywhere else would have been a pain, we all transferred to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 1:47 PM

My cousin who grew up in Fountain Inn. I grew up in West Columbia and can't thank him enough.

My late father leaned toward the gamecocks, until he visited for parents day my freshman year 1979. My brother was (is) a coot and my dad tried to keep it balanced but my freshman year he became 100% Clemson. 80% because he fell in love with Clemson...30% because of the way his coot co-workers treated him when they found out he had a kid at Clemson. (yes 110%)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FORD ######***

Aug 18, 2019, 1:51 PM

Aug 18, 2019, 2:17 PM

I used to see a fellow come home in his Cadet uniform, and I thought he was so sharp looking that I began wanting to go there (as did my best friend). Yep - I ended up with 29 years in the Army after graduation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for your service

Aug 18, 2019, 2:26 PM

and GO TIGERS!

Aug 18, 2019, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Who most influenced you in becoming a Tiger fan? ]

My father for sure!!! Played at Clemson in the 30’s. Frank Howard was his lime coach, he told me one time I could go to any college I wanted to but he would only pay if I went to Clemson. My family was told this year that we are the longest tenured IPTAY member on record as of this year (since 1933). Our families blood runs orange all year long. Thanks Wyburn (Teddy Bear) Dozier for bringing Clemson into our family.

Aug 18, 2019, 2:34 PM

Most of the Coot fans I knew in high school were total jerks. Didn't want to be like them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Born & Raised in Clemson - '77***

Aug 18, 2019, 2:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father.

Aug 18, 2019, 3:01 PM

He was a Clemson student when it was a military school and Banks McFadden was a star athlete. he started taking me to Clemson football games in the early 1960s when I was a baby.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Aug 18, 2019, 3:10 PM

Actually my first 2 choices were Furman ('cause I grew up close to there), and NCSU 'cause they had a major in Computer Science (CLEMSON only had it as a minor). I could not afford to go out of state or to Furman without a scholarship, and I hated the UofSuc campus. I only applied to ONE school and was ready to get drafted for Vietnam if CLEMSON did not accept me. I was tired of school but applied to satisfy my mom's request. The rest is history. Mom's are great. :)

Great story!***

Aug 18, 2019, 3:13 PM

Aug 18, 2019, 3:20 PM

No one I was born a Tiger Fan....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

john c***

Aug 18, 2019, 3:23 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 3:26 PM

Clemson opened an extension of Clemson University in Sumter in 1966. Coots never could stomach it so they worked to get the school downgraded to Coot U at Sumter years later. CU at Sumter was a great way for not so perfect freshman students to get a start by great professors. This was particularly true if you wanted to be an engineer or scientist and attended a great country high school with limited math and science. (e.g., no calculus, AP, German, etc.) Timing is everything. Made me a Tiger for life not to mention provided a better education than I could otherwise have ever had. Getting an acceptance letter to Cootlumbia was relatively easy compared to that coveted letter from CU.

Re: Who most influenced you in becoming a Tiger fan? Me

Aug 18, 2019, 3:34 PM

when I became a student. My parents were not into college sports. I have influenced wife, daughter, son in law, and 3 grand children to be tiger fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who most influenced you in becoming a Tiger fan? Me

Aug 18, 2019, 5:13 PM

My Dad. He was co-captain of the 48 football which was undefeated and beat Missouri in the Gator Bowl 24-23. Grew up going to a few football games nearly every year and have lots of great memories! Enrolled at Clemson in 78 and had four of the best years of my life, including the 81 national championship, life long friends and a great education! Our son is a fourth generation Clemson student and is enjoying the rare air of the current Tigers. Thanks Dad!!!

My girlfriend at the time

Aug 18, 2019, 4:26 PM

My father went to USC and I grew up a Gamecock fan. My new girlfriend (later my wife) at the time, a Clemson fan, accompanied me to my first Clemson-Carolina game in 1972, where we sat through the sleet and I watched my team fall to the Tigers,7-6. Two years later, as a high school senior, I had applied and been accepted to both schools. I can't say what it was that flipped me, but over the Christmas break I decided I was going to Clemson. I never looked back and I never regretted it. That marriage didn't last, but being a Tiger always has, through two stints at Clemson, BA 1978 and MA 2007.

My uncle Belton Sanders. St. Paul's HS (Hollywood, SC)

Aug 18, 2019, 4:39 PM

superstar. At family gatherings he would always go off to listen to games. We lived in Columbia and he would come stay with us and go to the coot game. He was my favorite uncle, so naturally, I tried to like what he liked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 4:41 PM

My mom . She knew Buck George growing up in the late 30's and 40's in Rock Hill . As a Catawba Indian and fantastic halfback at Clemson he was quite a celebrity in York County in those days .
They were friends .
I once asked her what team she liked while we were watching a Clemson game on tv ...think I was maybe 5 or 6 years old . She told me the team in orange . That was it . I have been a Clemson fan since and I will always be grateful for my mom's connection to Clemson University .
I wish she were here to see her granddaughter graduate from Clemson next May ... that's one I really would give anything for .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

born into it.***

Aug 18, 2019, 4:51 PM

Aug 18, 2019, 4:53 PM

My uncle was a part of the Clemson Band from 1977-1981 and graduated with a degree in Architecture.

He would bring all of us (me, my brother, and his son) to games when we were kids.

My stepdad at the time was a huge Florida fan so as a kid I grew up rooting for the Gators; however, when I moved back to SC in 2006, my uncle took me to a few games and I was hooked and reborn in Orange & Purple.

What a ride since then :)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 5:41 PM

My mother influenced me the most. My grandfather, an uncle and an uncle by marriage all went to Texas A&M. So I grew up an Aggie fan. My mother strongly disliked The University of ________( Anywhere). Clemson was as close to A&M as there was anywhere. By 6 or 7th grade I was a Tiger fan. Had a couple of brothers, that were close friends, that were too (1 went to Clemson and 1 went to UofSC, mainly due to scholarships). My dad went to PC and didnt pull against Clemson, although he knew Tommy Suggs father and a we had a family connection that was playing at UofSC. After I went, dad became a fan too. A special memory was when my parents came to the Clemson - Texas A&M game in '73, my last semester, before my mother passed the next year.

Economics and then Clemson itself.

Aug 18, 2019, 5:25 PM

Did not grow up a Tiger fan. Dad graduated from NC State, so grew up an ACC basketball fan in South Carolina. When time for college choice came around, living in SC it made no sense to spend the extra money on Raleigh for an engineering degree when Clemson was right down the road. Once I was on campus and in school, it was over. Blood changed to orange quickly in my case! The rest is history and more great memories than I can count.

Aug 18, 2019, 5:34 PM

Born and Bred a Tiger - Grew up in Clemson - In the Blood Y'all

Aug 18, 2019, 5:36 PM

My Dad started taking me to games when I was 12 years old.

Aug 18, 2019, 5:40 PM

My father played for the Tigers a long time ago.

nobody, it was my decision

Aug 18, 2019, 5:51 PM

Like most kids growing up in a small SC town that isn't in Pickens or Richland County, I had just about equal number of friends, neighbors, classmates, & relatives that were UofSC/Clemson fans. Had cousins that went to SC, and an uncle who went to Clemson on the GI Bill. My parents didn't pressure me one way or another other than pushing me to make good grades and go to college somewhere, something they weren't able to do. When I was 9 or 10, I went to both Columbia and Clemson for a football game; our church Sunday School took us to one of each, to expose us to our possible future.

About 5 minutes after I set foot on the Clemson campus, I told my chaperone, "I'm going to school here some day." I became a Clemson fan that day, but it took me about another dozen years to become a Clemson GRADUATE.

Aug 18, 2019, 6:05 PM

I grew up in Big Ten country in Indianapolis, graduated from Purdue in '84, did some missionary work overseas and moved to Houston TX in '86. No connection at all to Clemson.

Dabo's hiring was a game-changer for me. I don't hold college football coaches in high esteem AT ALL and think they are a very sorry lot as a group.

Dabo is just different. I know he's a salesman like anyone else but the guy has an authenticity that is legit. I was totally hooked during the Sammy and Deandre era. The first time I saw DW4 play as a freshman it was love at first sight. (Anybody remember the FSU game?) He's my favorite college football player ever. I nearly exploded when the Texans drafted him. A dream come true that made me start caring about them again. (Thank you Rick Smith).

It is very lonely here as a Clemson fan. There is nobody else to talk to or celebrate with. But it doesn't matter one bit. I'm very hard core.

Dabo is 100% the reason I made Clemson my team. Then he goes and beats Saban and Alabama twice for championships. That put him in my personal football Hall of Fame (along with Eli Manning for beating the Pats twice).

My favorite response yet! Fantastic!

Aug 18, 2019, 6:37 PM

I have very loose connections to both Deshaun and Dabo.

Dabo was fraternity brothers at Bama with a couple of buddies of one of my closest friends. How’s that for loose?

Deshaun is a little tighter. He spent many nights at my brother’s house in Gainesville in high school, and two of my nephews caught passes from him in high school.

Neither of them knows me, though, although I have met both several times.

But my Clemson ties run deep. My brother played golf at Clemson in the 80s, and I followed him there. We were the first Tigers in my family. My son is a junior there now, but he is a 5th generation Tiger on my wife’s side. So many cousins, aunts, uncles, etc are CU grads it would be hard to count. In fact, one of my wife’s relatives was named in TG Clemson’s will as one of the group that was to establish the University. He chaired the initial board meeting under a tree on the grounds of Fort Hill.

Love your story, and the reach that Clemson has developed. Thanks for your response.

Got any connections at Rice? My youngest daughter would love to go there.

Re: My favorite response yet! Fantastic!

Aug 18, 2019, 7:51 PM

I have no connections to Rice but it is a first class university. You couldn't send your daughter to a better place.

My Dad was Class of '39.

Aug 18, 2019, 6:35 PM

So all I ever knew was Clemson from day One. He always said I could go anywhere I wanted but if he was going to pay for it I would go to Clemson. He really did not need to say that because Clemson was the only school I applied for. Class of '69. He was a great Dad and taught me many lessons and so glad one of them was Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never applied to a college

Aug 18, 2019, 6:39 PM

I got an unsolicited acceptance letter from Clemson my junior year in high school, and that was it. Accepted to my number 1 choice. My senior year was FUN!

I was supposed to go to Alabama..

Aug 18, 2019, 6:43 PM [ in reply to My Dad was Class of '39. ]

Being born and raised there...until 11. I only applied to Clemson thinking I wanted to study pre-veterinary medicine...and wanted the in-state school furthest from home (Charleston). Other than those reasons, I knew nothing about Clemson other than from attending the '67 game against Bama. I still pulled for the Tide until my junior year. By then the tint of my blood had begun to change to an ever-so-slight orange...and has continued to shade that way ever since.

Karma does odd things...and life makes some interesting twists and turns. Clemson...no comparison for many years now. (Tide, who?)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was supposed to go to Alabama..

Aug 18, 2019, 6:58 PM

I met Steve Fuller in High School and became casual friends. When he graduated from Spartanburg High school in 1975 I started following him and Clemson. Been hooked on Clemson every since.

Aug 18, 2019, 7:04 PM

ME

Aug 18, 2019, 7:24 PM

For me it was UNC recruiters at my high school college fair. I went up to the booth, talked to them for a few minutes, told them that I wanted to major in architecture. They didn’t offer an architecture major and suggested I look into Clemson. The rest is history.

Aug 18, 2019, 7:33 PM

My grandfather. He ran the construction crew that built several of the Clemson buildings in the 1930 and 40s.

The day I chose to attend Clemson. Guess it was ME

Aug 18, 2019, 7:38 PM

I was not a Clemson fan until I decided to go to Clemson. Best decision of my life. Best 4 years of my life.

Furman University!

Growing up in Greenville, I could go over to Clemson and get in a football game for $.50. It was something like $3.00 to get into a Furman game, so the choice was easy, although I did sneak into a Furman game once in a while at Sirrine Stadium.

Dad was here on GI Bill in 1947, I was almost 3, and photo

I treasure of me sitting on steps of prefab on Cherry St. waving goodbye, in Anderson Daily Mail, when it was Anderson's afternoon paper. Dad came back here to Grad. School in 1958, and me and my Bros went to Daniel High, where I graduated in 1962 then CU grad. 1966. GO TIGERS for 72 years!

Aug 18, 2019, 7:49 PM

Dad was a priest, so we'd occasionally get tickets from folks who couldn't go to games, and the tickets were always 50 yard-line, because it was the 70's and Clemson mostly sucked, but I was there to hear the announcer tell us that the long run was courtesy of quarterback Mike O'Cain, and I have a vague remembrance of us playing FSU before FSU was a Bobby Bowden enterprise. And I was in seventh grade when Charlie Pell wandered into our classroom on an impromptu appearance. I couldn't have been anything other than a tiger.

Umm..... Birth.

Aug 18, 2019, 10:01 PM

Dad was a Clemson grad. So was mom. They met at Clemson. Both grandfather's went to Clemson and knew each other. Uncles. Cousins. Whole family I guess is the answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 10:18 PM

Cox Family ??

Aug 18, 2019, 10:23 PM

My girlfriend at the time took me to my first d1 college football game back in 1989. We were both PC students so I had attended 1 college football game there. A bit different. Anyways, became a tiger fan and we're still together. Surviving Hatfield, west, and Bowden was difficult. Staying with my tiger girl, not at all.

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Aug 18, 2019, 10:23 PM

Woody Hayes! One of my earliest memories of Clemson football. Dad was an avid sports fan never had a specific team, but remember watching that game, pulling for Clemson because we're from SC, but during that game I was a tiger for life.

Aug 20, 2019, 11:24 AM

My dad as well

SageMoody responds to moodytiger "my dad as well"

Aug 20, 2019, 11:37 AM

Coincidence?

Re: SageMoody responds to moodytiger "my dad as well"

Aug 21, 2019, 3:22 PM

Nope

Granddaddy.***

Aug 18, 2019, 10:38 PM

My dad

Aug 18, 2019, 10:38 PM

He loved Clemson University.

Aug 18, 2019, 11:45 PM

Jim Phillips. Growing up we couldn’t afford to go to the games, but Jim Phillips brought them to life on the radio for us in the 80’s.

Aug 19, 2019, 1:31 AM

I had a classmate in high school whose parents were both Clemson grads and became aware of CU during their 1981 championship run.

This was in rural Maine 1981.

College Football (with a minor exception of BC) is non-existent in Northern New England

Aug 19, 2019, 7:22 AM

CJ Spiller! He is basically the first player in college football that I followed and became a fan of. He was so electric and fun to watch. Also, when Spiller and Davis were thunder and lightning, they were my favorite college football duo. Then you throw in Jacoby Ford and Clemson football was even more thrilling to watch. Been bleeding Clemson orange ever since.

Aug 19, 2019, 7:52 AM

My pops for me. After graduating from Columbia High in 65' he enrolled at Midlands Tech with plans to transfer to Clemson after getting his 2 year degree. However plans changed and he decided to enlist in the Navy Seabees like his father due to Vietnam. He got married before going and after finishing 2 tours came home and my brother was born soon after. He decided he needed to get a job and work after that so he never made back to Midlands Tech and subsequently Clemson. He spent 32 years in the Navy eventually making Master Chief. His younger brother whom I share a name with was at Clemson in the 70's and he went down to see him and go to games when he could and after I was born he took my brother and I to games starting in the early 80's. That is when I fell in love for myself.

Aug 19, 2019, 8:56 AM

USC most influenced me to go to Clemson in 1980. I grew up just outside of Columbia, in Cayce, and I had no intention of going to moUSC. I applied to Clemson, UNC, and App State. My parents told me I had to go to an instate school, so the decision was easy.
I had actually never stepped on the Clemson campus until orientation. I knew very little about Clemson, but going there was the best decision I have ever made. I married my wife during my senior year and made lifelong friends.
So thank you Lamecocks for helping me make the correct decision.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Aug 19, 2019, 9:43 AM

My Grandmother. She sat me on her lap in the West End Zone(just a single level regular bleacher set) when I was 3 years old in 1979. The first game I attended was vs Maryland - and we lost bad.. if I'm not mistaken. Didn't miss many games until after graduating high school. Our last game together was 2013 vs Boston College. RIP Mimi Dec 2015. You'd be so proud of what's happened since you've been gone.

Oh the memories over the years.

Through the Clemson experience with her, I learned:

The value of friends and family - and the time spent with them
The value of the National Anthem and pledge of allegiance (I was made to take my hat off no matter what)
The value of respecting others even if you disagree with them
The value of prayer and a personal relationship with God
The value of our military and veterans
The value of always being your best - win lose or draw

The list goes on.

Aug 20, 2019, 5:48 PM

Clemson

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Danny Ford.

Aug 20, 2019, 5:54 PM

I just move to the upstate in 82 and didn't know where Clemson is. I saw Danny on the news and identified with the southern accent. A couple years later I decided to return to school and Clemson was the nearest university.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me.

Aug 20, 2019, 6:21 PM

nm

Aug 20, 2019, 7:28 PM

I would have to credit the general public in and around Columbia. I was raised in a Gamecock household. When I was little they dressed me in garnet and hauled me off to every Gamecock sporting event in town. When I mention that to Gamecock fans today they always ask what happened ? I tell them, "Free will".

Carolina fans have always come across to me as a whiny, snivelling, pathetic fan base. Even going back as far as the late 70's it was apparent to me as a kid they were completely eaten up with envy over Clemson's success in football. They want so desperately to be relevant in football, which they've never been and they cannot stand the fact that Clemson is. Their jealousy is now and has always been obvious to even the most casual observer. They wear it on their sleeve. It eats at them so badly they have created a culture of conjuring up lies concerning the reasons for our success and pathetic excuses for their own failures.

I've always referred to them as the Fighting Conspiracy Theorists from the University of South Caro-Whina. I knew at an early age I never wanted to be numbered with them.

Aug 20, 2019, 7:29 PM

10th grade geometry teacher. Gave me a paw to put on my backpack and I have never looked back.

Charlie Bauman***

Aug 21, 2019, 3:29 PM

Dad - Class of '64***

Aug 21, 2019, 4:05 PM

Joe Montana...11-12-1977 CU vs Notre Dame

Aug 21, 2019, 4:26 PM

Loved Notre Dame back in those days being a good catholic kid. Took my first trip to Clemson for that game to see Joe Montana and the Fighting Irish (eventual National Champions that year) visit Clemson. The crowd was 54k announced but there were more than that as far as the noise factor was concerned.

Turned out Clemson with Charley Pell at the helm gave the Irish a heck of a game. I remember Clemson being up I think 17-14 late in the game only to lose to Joe Montana's heroics.

That weekend the Doobie Brothers and Pablo Cruise played at LittleJohn that Sat night! What a wild time...fell in love with the place after that...and one week later I watched Clemson beat USuC
-Jerry Butler and "THE CATCH"...Clemson went on to start a "golden era"culminating with the National Championship in 81....

My Cognitive Abilities

Aug 21, 2019, 4:28 PM

Experiencing Clemson as a student.

Aug 21, 2019, 4:44 PM

First off my family really were not fans of Clemson or UofSC when I was growing up.

1. I had an uncle who was a Clemson grad and I would go to a couple of Clemson games each year from 1973-1979. I always had a blast at these games.

2. During this same time I was going to a couple of UofSC games with a big Gamecock fan. As soon as the third quarter was over we would leave so “we could beat the traffic”. A lot of other fans also left. I never understood this. Also the Gamecock fans talked so bad about the Clemson fans. Clemson fans seemed to just joke about the Gamecocks. Left an impression on a young’un like me.

Graduated from Clemson in 1984.

Go Tigers!!!

Aug 21, 2019, 5:26 PM

My middle sister is a die hard Uof Suck fan. My oldest sister is a die hard Clemson fan. When I was 6 years old they told me I had to pick one or the other. My oldest sister said would you rather be a tiger or a tigers lunch? Made my decision pretty simple! lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 80
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic