Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who is most likely to break up the Clemson-'Bama dominance?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,204

Who is most likely to break up the Clemson-'Bama dominance?

May 5, 2019, 7:58 PM

It seems like the Tigers and the Tide are light years ahead of the competition and, after today, 'Bama might actually be a distant second.

Who is most likely to break through and wrest a Natty away from these two?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU will steal Bama's thunder

May 5, 2019, 8:00 PM

Don't see anyone taking anything from Clemson anytime soon...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Re: aTm will be one to keep an eye on

May 5, 2019, 8:06 PM

plenty of resources and a win at all cost HC

Re: Who is most likely to break up the Clemson-'Bama dominance?

May 5, 2019, 8:03 PM

LSU or Georgia, but not sure how long it will take if at all.

May 5, 2019, 8:19 PM

It’s looking like uga, but I hate the attitude of there fans. They act like they have the best football team on God’s green earth! If you go over to there rivals page they have a guy over there stating they will finish with 12 five stars and there 2020 class will dominate ours. If that wasn’t bad enough he said they out recruited us for wide receivers the last two cycles and will do the same in the 2020 cycle. It’s judt pure delusional talk. I’m hoping Florida comes back to life and starts winning all of the games down in Jacksonville:

I Don't Think Kirby Can Do It....They Have Enough Talent***

May 5, 2019, 9:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2019, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Who is most likely to break up the Clemson-'Bama dominance? ]

I'm assuming you are talking about Lagunadouche, and yes that guy is UGA's version of Manafold. What a freakin idiot.

Saban.

May 5, 2019, 8:09 PM

He's torturing his coaching staff daily demanding they win then dictating how they should do that. No one can function under such circumstances and the only reason they put up with him for a year is to have 'Bama Coordinator,' or 'Bama Assistant coach,' on their resume'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oklahoma

May 5, 2019, 8:14 PM

They are getting bigtime recruits and Riley is young building a culture

Re: Oklahoma

Oregon ducks will flap their wings to victory and gobble up the weaklings of the pac-12 like little grubs

May 5, 2019, 8:21 PM

You get a thumbs up just for effort and determination. Even if you are a tiger trolling Oregon.

May 5, 2019, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Oklahoma ]

Oregon ducks will flap their wings to victory and gobble up the weaklings of the pac-12 like little grubs

U Dub....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2019, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Oklahoma ]

Oklahoma is indeed raking in some great offensive talent. But look at their recruiting on defense. Not so hot. The majority of 4* and 5* defensive recruits just are not going to sign with Big 12 teams. That fact alone will keep Oklahoma and the rest of the Big 12 out of the conversation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC would be the one that makes sense because of the talent they have in California. They used to hand pick who they wanted in the western US. If they get a great coach and begin to have success they will be able to recruit nationally again. It used to be almost an unfair advantage.

I could see them becoming very competitive in the playoffs. I hate to say it but Ohio State, Florida State, Florida, Texas an even Texas A&M. Miami could if they(the fans) got behind the program an invest a lot to improve the facilities. I don’t believe they will but they have great recruiting ground. Georgia could but they kill themselves by getting greedy and recruit #’s rather than great people in my opinion and the fans are never happy. They will do anything to be great and it will get them in trouble. I hope Alabama continues to beat them before the playoffs every year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

UGA will start winning the SEC

May 5, 2019, 8:24 PM

Then LSU will knock them down in the West. At some point aTm will make their mark as well.

May 5, 2019, 8:29 PM

Georgia -talent rich
Oklahoma - coaching rich
Florida - talent rich
Texas - just plain rich
tOSU - talent rich

long shot: USC (real one if they get Meyer as a coach)

LSU is not a threat with their current coaching IMO. Not anywhere near enough offense. 59th last year.

UGA is the closest and has the most impact on Clemson and Bama recruiting but last year made me really question their coaching. ALLLLLL that talent and drop 3/4 hard games. Pretty ###### results. Same #### different day I guess.

Speaking of Texas and money...

May 6, 2019, 6:57 AM

Texas has a $31 billion endowment as of December 2018 with A&M at $13.5. Oil. Mineral rights.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Give Herman a couple years of good recruiting at Texas,

May 5, 2019, 8:30 PM

and sharpen Bevo's horns, and they may have a shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2019, 8:47 PM

I'm interested to see what can be done at FSU with Taggart adding Briles to the mix. It'll take a few years, but we know that FSU can recruit as well as anyone else in the country when they're on.

I think over the next 5 years we'll see the following teams on the level under Clemson & Alabama:

Georgia
LSU
Texas
Florida State
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Florida
Miami (I think they're boom or bust...they will either fall flat on their face or they will jump up near the top tier)

May 5, 2019, 10:07 PM

the gamecocks...they beat bama the last meeting and played us close once....look out for comatosed giant

May 6, 2019, 5:53 AM

Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Bama will dominate over the next 5 years. I bet there isn't a national title for any team outside of these 4. I bet we get 3 of them.

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,204
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic