Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can anyone justify Bama being #1?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Can anyone justify Bama being #1?

Oct 21, 2019, 10:19 AM

If we play a cupcake schedule, then they are feasting on Little Debbie's. They have no defense. Their QB is more fragile than a porcelain doll. Their offense is completely crippled when said porcelain doll goes down. What have they done or shown to deserve #1? They claim our 15-0 season last year has nothing to do with this years rankings... yet proceed to rank Bama #1 bc of their success the past decade. I call BS.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can anyone justify Bama being #1?

Oct 21, 2019, 10:21 AM

Also when their receivers are matched up against superior athletes what happens? Then throw in Brent Venables scheming with those superior athletes and you have 44-16

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paul Finebaum can***

Oct 21, 2019, 10:22 AM

Re: Paul Finebaum can***

Oct 21, 2019, 10:23 AM

Who cares?

Oct 21, 2019, 10:24 AM

They were also #1 all season and "the best team ever" last year until they got run over by Clemson.

We'll take #4 for now, keep improving and adding depth and take the #1 spot in the final game of the season.

Relax.

Oct 21, 2019, 12:22 PM

What is really happening, is a concerted effort to keep Clemson out of the playoffs so the SEC in particular and the rest of College football in general can have a shot at a national title. Does it seem suspicious that "they're not in the SEC" Finebaum is singing the praises of Ohio State. A rather thinly veiled attempt to keep Bama from having to face Clemson yet again. This is the way to "fix Bama football, put in the Finebaum Fix. So now he focuses on Ohio State, a team he must loathe for winning the first CFB playoff and stealing that honor from his beloved "Bama"!
Mr. SEC now wants to make us believe he knows what's best for college football, when he unashamedly wants us to believe that Vanderbilt is a football juggernaut because it is an SEC team.
Nobody wants to play a Brent Venables defense in the playoffs, after seeing what a well oiled unit did to Notre Dame and Alabama last year, "Roll the Tide"!
So if they can put all this hype into the minds of the selection committee, maybe one of their "traditional "Blue Bloods" will get to be champions again.
It is a shameless and thinly veiled attempt to attack Clemson's suitability in favor of the "good ole boys" of football.
They have been vicious at tearing the flesh from the Clemson Tigers, and many of them are the same stiff necks who chose "Bama" over Clemson last year. Who have a strong link to ESPN and an itch for revenge for exposing their collective Know-nothingness.
Ultimately, like other journalists destroying our hopes and stupefying our country, these sports journalist now want to be the news instead of report on it.
"Spoken dirt" will never be as clean as the stuff you pick up from the ground.
I suspect this sounds like ranting, but I was bullied for a large part of my life, by this same ilk of sub life who feel they are more entitled than others. Just sick of it! Everyone have a nice day!

looking at resumes

Oct 21, 2019, 12:26 PM

between us, bama, lsu, ohio state and oklahoma. lsu is clearly the best resume out of all of us..they should be number one

Re: looking at resumes

Oct 21, 2019, 1:16 PM

LSU does indeed have 2 respectable wins; though the Texas win is starting to lose its luster and the Florida win will fade as the season goes on.

Have you seen their QB?

Oct 21, 2019, 12:28 PM

He’s able to complete a forward pass. That’s something they haven’t had ever in their history. It almost makes it unfair.

Yer welcome.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Oct 21, 2019, 12:30 PM

Only poll that matters comes out in a few weeks. AP is a ROY poll.

They are giving Bama the exact "Lifetime Achievement

Oct 21, 2019, 12:41 PM

Award" that Fartbomb says Clemson does not qualify for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 12:45 PM

No , it can no more be justified that they are #1 than we are #2 - #4 .
The only team that I think has any place claiming #1 ahead of Clemson is LSU ( based on two pretty good wins over ranked teams in Texas and Florida ) .
Ohio State should be ahead of Alabama in my opinion .
My current top 5 would be this :
#1 Clemson
#2 LSU
#3 Ohio State
#4 Alabama
# 5 Oklahoma

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nope

Oct 21, 2019, 12:53 PM

If the talking heads want to base rankings on what has happened up to this point during this season, then the top 5 should be the same as the preseason poll with LSU moved to #1 (i.e. 1 - LSU, 2 - Clemson, 3 - Alabama, 4 - Oklahoma, 5 - Ohio State). This reflects LSU actually beating 2 ranked teams and everyone else playing a weak schedule, which is what has actually transpired up to this point.

Oct 21, 2019, 12:57 PM

They beat Duke. Anything you beat a Coach K team, you deserve respect......oh wait.

Never mind.

Short Answer = "No"

Oct 21, 2019, 1:03 PM

They are in trouble without Tua, even with Arkansas and a bye being their next two opponents.

Tua has a high ankle sprain, which can take 4 to 6 weeks to resolve. If Bama plays him against LSU he's going to be a sitting duck, just as Kelly Bryant was against Syracuse in 2017.

Oct 21, 2019, 4:13 PM

The rankings are by sports writers to this point in the season. But they're regionally biased and prone to look at who teams are GOING TO play. All of those teams in front of us (and even Penn St) behind us have similar SOS so far in 2019 but they all have backloaded schedules. They are getting credited with votes based on who they eventually will play.

Same way pundits disagree with defending champs being #1 or in the playoffs - "Its not a lifetime achievement award" is the narrative. OK, 2 things:
1) Bama is routinely rewarded for the program and performance they have had for years. Were the punished for being tied with FCS Citadel at half last year? No. Because they eventually won. And they're Bama. Clemson gets no such reprieve.
2) Pundits talk about who Clemson sent to NFL as evidence we are not the same team as 2018. OK....those guys were defensive guys...you have a problem with Clemson's 2019 defense so far??? No, they are playing lights out this season too. OK...so your argument holds no water. Doesn't have to - I've already said it on national TV and topic has already changed before anyone with a sense of logic or reason can dispute what they've said.

But I must repeat myself. The AP Poll and $1 will buy you a cup of coffee. Nothing matters until Dec 8 CFP poll.

Not even our favorite Ferengi***

Oct 21, 2019, 5:01 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic