Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
While I like the 8 team format for CFP, because the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

While I like the 8 team format for CFP, because the

Dec 13, 2018, 9:45 AM

power five conference champions get in, the remaining three teams are still left to, opinion, "the eye test", etc.

This year Notre Dame would have taken one of those three without question. Then you are left with a 2-loss UGA, a one loss OSU and undefeated UCF. One of them gets left out and all three could make some kind of, "we deserve to be in" argument.

The point is there will never be a perfect system that satisfies all the "what ifs" year in and year out.

The 8 format may not focus on "the best" argument, but is better for the CFP as a national product. When your conference is out (PAC 12), you have an entire region of the nation with no reason to watch the games.

Message was edited by: revmarkg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OSU was a Power 5 conference champion this year***

Dec 13, 2018, 10:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

An 8-team playoff would definitely take the

Dec 13, 2018, 10:23 AM

Group of 5 champion. So UCF would be in. As would OSU, since they won the Big 10. You'd have Bama, Clemson, OU, OSU, & Washington, along with UCF most definitely. One of the at-large spots would go to UGa. Who would get the other?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An 8-team playoff would definitely take the

Dec 13, 2018, 10:56 AM

I definitely wouldn't have an issue with this. There's no way a 2 loss non conference champion should get in over a conference champion with 1 loss. All the arguments about UGA being one of the best 4 is BS. If that was the case then LSU which beat UGA soundly should be in as well oh and they have 3 losses. My argument is why would we ever leave out a conference champion. This year there's 2 again being left out. The NCAA needs to fix this. Either come up with 4 major conferences or make it where all 5 power 5 conferences get in. To me the best fix is 8 with all 5 power 5 conference champions and a group of 5 champion with 2 at large bids. Last year UCF beat the only team that beat the top 2 teams. If they end up beating LSU (Highly unlikely) then the argument that they didn't belong is gone again. Especially if they score more than 29 points on LSU's defense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic