Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another reason for the loss last night, Clemson fans…..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,285

Another reason for the loss last night, Clemson fans…..

Nov 25, 2012, 10:50 AM

For a decade plus now, Clemson fans have accepted mediocrity. We have had an AD for 11 years that was nothing more than a fund raising puppet for President Barker. Under President Barker, Clemson athletics has went down big time. After TDP's retirement he hired an AD from GT, which has seen both their football and basketball programs go down under his tenure. The drive to be successful in football has been all talk and no action. President Barker led the drive to try to keep the ACC intact, after years of Clemson being a second class citizen under the direction of John Swofford.

All you lovers of the ACC this is what you get when you play about 9 cup cake games a year. The team can't handle adversity against a well coached or a solid team. In our two games against ranked opponents, the football team quit during the game (the 2nd half of the FSU game, and after the 1st qtr of SCU). As ridiculous as it is geographically, the Big 12 is the only option for us if we want to be a top 15 team. You can't handle adversity when you get to coast by on your talent about 9-10 games a year.

Attendance by Clemson fan's the last 3 games was pathetic. None worse than last night's game. We had a good season going, and all of a sudden a bunch of Clemson fan's decided to stop showing up. It was unbelievable how many shamecock fans were in the lower decks. There were some posters on here complaining about people wearing dark colored jackets at the 2010 SCU game, well guess what just like this year, all those fans wearing dark colored jackets were shamecock fans. This year I sat in the south lower deck, and where there was Clemson fans all season long, last night there were shamecock fans. Clemson fans should never, ever have to be surrounded by shamecock fans in the lower deck. We have to many traitorous fans that sold their tickets to shamecock fans just to make a few extra dollars. Back in the 80's, and heck even the 90's you would never see that many opposing fans in the lower decks. Growing up in the 80's as a kid, I never thought I would see the day where Clemson fans would accept mediocrity and sell their tickets to shamecock fans.

The coaching was bad, the players played bad, but also our fan base has become too apathetic. What's happened these past 4 years should never happen again.

One last thing, FIRE PRESIDENT BARKER!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another reason for the loss last night, Clemson fans…..

Nov 25, 2012, 10:55 AM

well GT is such a football power.

Yeah the AD hire defies belief. The only positive I see is he has no ownership HC wise. So maybe there will be some pressure on DS to show up for the rivalry.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I agree

Nov 25, 2012, 10:57 AM

With much of your post, we can't blame Barker and Phillips. They have given Dabo what he wants and have given us, like them or not, the highest paid football assistants in the country. This is definitely not an administration problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I kind of disagree. TDP needed to hire best available guy,

Nov 25, 2012, 11:01 AM

not hire a WR coach on a hunch. I believe that perhaps Dabo, with some time head coaching, or coordinating at a lower level, could have learned enough to be a very fine head coach, but he wasn't ready IMO, at least not ready to beat the big boys that is. We're letting him learn on the job so to speak.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While I agree

Nov 25, 2012, 11:04 AM [ in reply to While I agree ]

U are just plain wrong!! barker has interest ONLY in his worthless top 20!we continue to not admit players that go elsewhere and are qualified!!this can go on and on but until baker is gone we are what we will be!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember they kept Tommy Bowden on for 9 years…..

Nov 25, 2012, 11:09 AM [ in reply to While I agree ]

and we had the opportunity to jump to the Big 12 this past offseason. FSU was a ready and willing partner to make the jump, but President Barker has went out of his way to make sure the ACC stays intact.

And many times they were louder than us

Nov 25, 2012, 10:59 AM

I remember when we made fun of taking over opponents stadiums and they did that very thing to us.

I remember when we played and thought we would win just as they did last night

Nov 25, 2012, 11:01 AM

WONDERFUL post!! U are absolutely correct in all of this! BUT the best and most important part is FIRE BARKER!!This must be the first step in our program to return our athletics to where they should be!

Nov 25, 2012, 11:10 AM

If you think the usc fans were bad sitting next to you, you should have seen the ones parked next to us at the stadium. Don't know why in the world the guy who always parks there gave them his parking pass. As far as ticket sales, do yall think that because ticket prices have gone up that a lot of them are being bought by companies and given to any Tom, #### or Harry that wants to go to a ball game???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had 6 shamecock fans taunting me the whole game...

Nov 25, 2012, 11:17 AM

one of them, much smaller than me, challenged me to a fight. Of course using common sense, even though I could have easily took him, I stayed at my seat and ignored him.

I don't by the theory that corporations are buying tickets and selling them to anybody. There may be a few, but nowhere near enough to account for all the coot fans in the lower deck. Besides where the 6 shamecock fans sat, the Clemson fans that sat there during the season were the same people pretty much throughout the season. Companies do buy up tickets for professional teams, but that really doesn't happen at the college level anywhere close that it does in the pro's. Besides Clemson is in a small town, most pro teams are in big cities and are able to attract companies buying tickets.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,285
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic