Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When you need some luck in a Tiger game, What’s your go to...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

When you need some luck in a Tiger game, What’s your go to...

Jun 29, 2019, 7:01 AM

Item, drink, cap, seating position, etc?

Keep it clean Tigers. ;)

If watching at the house, mine is corner seat of couch with a stuffed Clemson football tucked under the right arm. (After a Woodford shot to calm the nerves).

If at the game, hat turned to 1pmET and shouting as loud as I can during the plays.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you need some luck in a Tiger game, What’s your go to...

Jun 29, 2019, 7:13 AM

Can't handle the walk at the games so normally I view on our big screen TV at home. If things are looking tense I have to leave the room. I was so tense during the 2016 championship that I missed most of the first half.

Living in rural Colorado it is all watching on TV

Jun 29, 2019, 7:55 AM

After making sure the wife and I have on the right "lucky" clothes, it becomes time for a beer or another beer if it is past midway in the 2nd quarter. Of course if the game is a nooner (10 am here) I try to hold off until midway through the 2nd quarter for the first one. Fortunately the last few years that hasn't been difficult.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are the lucky clothes?

Jun 29, 2019, 8:15 AM

Any ties to buying them from Clemson or other value?

I have a hat I bought from a Walker Golf course that seems to do good for us.

Re: What are the lucky clothes?

Jun 29, 2019, 10:04 AM

Mine are a tiger paw golf shirt and orange socks. The wife's are the 2016 national championship T-shirt and orange socks. Plan to get her a 2018 T-shirt when in SC next Tuesday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2019, 8:19 AM

Superstitious beliefs ?
I gotta go with turning off the volume on the TV for a couple of minutes while I rage .
Turn it back up and the Tigers are doing things right again .
Works at about an 8-11% success rate depending on team deficit , time of year and hour of the day .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 29, 2019, 8:40 AM

Hit the concessions for some skittles.

Jun 29, 2019, 9:02 AM

and dippin dots

Jun 29, 2019, 9:13 AM

I have a certain chair that I sit in during the games. My husband stands. Neither of us will go to the bathroom until half time. During the National Championship, we gave our dog a treat after we scored the first time. We said we would continue for the rest of the game, as it seemed to give us luck. We finally had to stop because we didn't want her to get sick from so many treats!

I log onto TigerNet.com and tell the

Jun 29, 2019, 10:27 AM

Coaches and players what they are doing wrong. I know someone is reading because most of the time they will do what I suggest. When they haven’t listened to my suggestions we’ve lost the game

Jun 29, 2019, 11:38 AM

Simple and effective.....I turn my Clemson ring around.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My niece. She's never seen us lose.***

Jun 29, 2019, 11:42 AM

Jun 29, 2019, 12:12 PM

If we are playing well and I am wearing my visor, I leave it on. If we are playing poorly and I am wearing my visor I take it off. If I have taken it off and we start playing well I put it back on. It makes not sense, I know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going forward, mine is to wear the "Claim the Bay" T-shirt

Jun 29, 2019, 12:17 PM

that I purchased in Tigertown the week before this years Natty. It kinda worked, don't you think?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I curl up in a ball

Jun 29, 2019, 3:49 PM

in complete agony and despair, knowing that I have absolutely zero control over what is about to happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My only stipulation concerning clothing ... no new Clemson

Jun 29, 2019, 4:11 PM

clothing can be worn, whether to the game or at home, until it is broken in. Clothing is “broken in” by wearing to a game that Clemson is HEAVILY favored.

Concerning rituals, when at Isle of Palms in October (scheduled yearly trip on an away game), I cannot have lunch or dinner on the day of the game with a friend from high school who graduated from Auburn. He is bad luck.

When watching a game at home (again, away games), only certain friends are allowed to come over. And, we CANNOT eat out at a restaurant before the game.

At our tailgates, every person has a stainless steel cup I bought for them a few years back. They must bring it to use or they may be excommunicated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Lucky Rabbit's Foot

Jun 29, 2019, 4:27 PM

rabbit was not so lucky though

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2019, 5:03 PM

Stay or move to whichever seating position brings the most success. Also, if my wife is asleep they usually play better. In the Watson to Renfrow NC game, she went to sleep and the comeback started. She was awakened with about 1 second left in the game for some reason. :)

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic