Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can't tell if Omar is a malicious liar or so wrapped up...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 731

I can't tell if Omar is a malicious liar or so wrapped up...

Apr 17, 2019, 7:05 AM

in her ideology that she's oblivious to facts.

"...Omar’s latest absurd and insulting comment came to light just a few days ago. Describing the horrific Islamist terrorist attacks on America on Sept. 11, 2001 that killed almost 3,000 people and injured more than 6,000 others – including many Muslims – Omar told a Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) fundraiser: “CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something, and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties.”

First, Omar betrayed her ignorance, because CAIR was founded in 1994. Second, the congresswoman displayed an appalling and dismissive insensitivity to the worst foreign attack on America in our history, claiming almost 600 more lives than the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941..."

Yes, it's a Fox writer but the facts don't change just because one doesn't consider the source trusted.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/qanta-ahmed-ilhan-omar-is-a-disgrace-to-islam-and-doesnt-represent-my-muslim-religion

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't tell if Omar is a malicious liar or so wrapped up...

Apr 17, 2019, 7:22 AM

A Republican pretending to care about lying is really rich.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the leader of your party is a pathological liar, you

Apr 17, 2019, 12:05 PM

would think they would have sense enough to know better than to bring it up.

Evidently not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you have set the bar so low for your party.

Apr 18, 2019, 9:44 AM

Lots to look forward to over there.."She only lies as much as Trump does"

lulz

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 7:28 AM

Her speech would have been a good one had she not brushed over 9/11 so casually. That was disgraceful. It will be interesting to see if she is elected again.

I doubt she'll have trouble raising funds but...

Apr 17, 2019, 7:57 AM

her antisemitism and radical views are going to bite her square in the rump if a moderate dems runs against her. I'm about ready to bet AOC is going to be beaten.

Pelosi said a glass of water could be elected in those two's districts if it had a 'D,' beside it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt she'll have trouble raising funds but...

Apr 17, 2019, 9:25 AM

As a liberal, I want AOC defeated. She helps the Repubs with her comments and makes it harder for a lib to take the White House. She does more harm than good overall. Pelosi knows that too.

Re: I doubt she'll have trouble raising funds but...

Apr 17, 2019, 1:32 PM

Disgraceful how? Should she have used

Apr 17, 2019, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't tell if Omar is a malicious liar or so wrapped up... ]

an exclamation point?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disgraceful how? Should she have used

Apr 17, 2019, 1:34 PM

Folks accuse me of being insensitive. I'm accusing you. If you don't get it I'm going to leave you alone.

9/11 happened on September 11th!!!!

Apr 17, 2019, 6:17 PM

Am I still insensitive?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes and yes.

Apr 17, 2019, 8:11 AM

She's a typical corrupt politician. Occam's Razor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Yes and yes.

Apr 17, 2019, 8:14 AM

Corrupt how?

Perhaps that was a poor choice of words

Apr 17, 2019, 9:21 AM

Perhaps I should have used "poor leadership" and "poor representation". I also feel she works to further divide America, not unite it. I think she's trying to get into the spotlight where she can and not for the right reasons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

I appreciate you not supporting and defending such...

Apr 17, 2019, 1:40 PM

horrible examples of your party. I hope I'm long gone if the democratic party turns that far away from it's roots. Imo, right now Omar, AOC and perhaps Bernie are going to take a toll on the votes of democrats across the flyover country.

Given a choice many will turn to economics to be the only reason they vote for a pub. That has a bad flavor to me.

Why? What other reason is there?***

Apr 17, 2019, 1:55 PM

IF anyone thinks Trump is bad...

Apr 17, 2019, 2:00 PM

an AOC, Omar and other dingbat becoming the dem nomination could bring this nation an idiot of equal and opposite positions on politics. Imo, that wouldn't be health. Our government is suppose to operate in the middle, not on the fringe.

I just answered your last sentence.

Apr 17, 2019, 2:07 PM

"Given a choice many will turn to economics to be the only reason they vote for a pub. That has a bad flavor to me. "

I can't think of any other viable reason to vote for someone. Do you need a presidential spiritual or moral guide? Do you really think someone in politics can adequately fulfill that role?

So really, all you have left is someone that 1) will make the environment friendly for economic expansion, and 2) keep us out of a war.

Not my party, bruh.***

Apr 17, 2019, 2:11 PM [ in reply to I appreciate you not supporting and defending such... ]

Re: I appreciate you not supporting and defending such...

Apr 17, 2019, 2:58 PM [ in reply to I appreciate you not supporting and defending such... ]

horrible examples of your party. I hope I'm long gone if the democratic party turns that far away from it's roots. .

Really my friend? The Pub's have sold their souls backing the most morally corrupt politician in it's long history...why? Because of money, nothing more.

And in so far as roots? The budget deficit now stands at $22 Trillion because the Republicans cut taxes and increased spending at the same time. It is noteworthy that Trump's tax cut gave a $1.5 Trillion gift to Corporations and the top 1%.

The deficit IS a national emergency but Trump chooses to go after poor brown people.

I'm an independent and most of my family are Republican. They are appalled that the party has cow-towed to Trump in spite of the risk to our country.

Wait..why is the deficit an emergency now, but it wasn't in

Apr 17, 2019, 3:06 PM

2009 ($1.4 T deficit), 2010 ($1.5 T deficit), 2011 ($1.3 T deficit) or 2012 ($1.1 T deficit)?

Those aren't even adjusted for inflation numbers. Why the crisis now?

I mean, me, personally...

Apr 17, 2019, 4:00 PM

I've always thought the deficit was an emergency. For many years now.

Why are so-called conservatives giving Trump a free pass on this one?

I'm not giving him a pass.

Apr 17, 2019, 4:03 PM

I just gave up complaining about the deficit and debt about 2014. It doesn't do any good; nobody seems to think it will a be problem.

I just hope I'm dead by the time it's a full blown walking dead scenario when we go officially bankrupt and default.

That will be a bad time for a long time.

Re: I'm not giving him a pass.

Apr 17, 2019, 4:11 PM

Congress and whichever clown becomes president doesn't care. They're getting theirs.

Dems keep spending and spending. GOP now pretends it doesn't spend, but does, and foolishly lowers taxes without cutting spending.

Agreed on both counts***

Apr 17, 2019, 4:24 PM

Because most people

Apr 17, 2019, 4:37 PM [ in reply to I mean, me, personally... ]

don't and aren't willing to understand the deficit.

The fact is, the problem isn't in the White House, hasn't been for years. The problem is in the Capital Building...

GO TIGERS!!

I'll give it a shot.

Apr 17, 2019, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Wait..why is the deficit an emergency now, but it wasn't in ]

The current deficit is in a booming economy, or at least a run state. The 4 years you posted were in the depths of the worst recession the country has seen in 80 years. Imagine bragging about how well the economy is doing, and STILL running a remarkable deficit, and on a "conservative" platform at that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2012?

Apr 17, 2019, 4:09 PM

The third highest year GDP of an Obama presidency and 5th lowest unemployment rate. The "great recession" was over.

Let's just be honest here...people who are complaining about it now and never mentioned it before are up in arms because it's Donald Trump. If it were Hillary with that much debt baggage, this wouldn't even be a topic in here unless Completely Solid Orange or I said something about it.

That was coming off the debacle of the Bush Presidency...

Apr 19, 2019, 5:10 AM [ in reply to Wait..why is the deficit an emergency now, but it wasn't in ]

9/11, the wars, and the new Security State along with unregulated Wall Street Ponzi schemes that Obama inherited. Deficits are a Republican thing historically and tax cuts are the primary reason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 8:35 AM

Do you think it is funny that you are restating quotes from an opinion piece as facts?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is bad for our country for people to focus more on

Apr 17, 2019, 9:27 AM

her comments than the actual actions taken by our government. Shake yourself free of this trance. It's political bullsh*t.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is bad for our country for people to focus more on

Apr 17, 2019, 9:32 AM

Then how do you recommend the Repubs demonize the liberals?

I appreciate that you agree with her on Israel.

Apr 17, 2019, 1:44 PM [ in reply to It is bad for our country for people to focus more on ]

I do not because if we leave Israel to it's own devices they will end up nuking some muslim country which is about to nuke them. We're certain to have played a part by ignoring the circumstances in that neck of the woods.

Elsewise, Omar is a radical Islamist who would turn this nation into a Muslim Caliphate in a skinny minute given the chance.

He never said that. Quit straw manning.***

Apr 17, 2019, 2:17 PM

Keep up.

Apr 18, 2019, 9:07 AM

CSO is firmly against overspending and has questioned our relationship with Israel. If I'm confused then I've mistakenly confused one poster with another. I don't pose strawman arguments and I try not to lie intentionally.

I'm always ready to be corrected and have no trouble admitting when I'm mistaken.

I do not agree with her on much, but I do believe our

Apr 18, 2019, 11:26 AM [ in reply to I appreciate that you agree with her on Israel. ]

relationship with Israel (in its current form) is bad for us.

I think Israel has too much negative influence on our foreign policy and too much influence in our domestic political system. WAY more than Russia ever dreamed of.

I agree with Israel's right to exist. I agree that Israel has the right to aggressively defend itself, considering recent history.

But Israel's behavior, beyond that, is like that of a bandit nation. They are moving to become an entho-nationalist state. They are illegally expanding their territory at the expense of Palestinians who they essentially hold hostage. They support terrorist, including ISIS in Syria because, like us, they judge Iran to be their biggest threat.

Israel has caused the USA more problems than anything else. I think we should reduce our military aid to them, and stop arbitrarily supporting every crime they commit against Palestinians.

You seem to view this through a dogmatic, religious perspective. I believe that is what has created the problems over there. Dogmatic beliefs should not influence international policy.

And your fear of her as some sort of ISIS agent in our government is ridiculous.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A tempest in a teapot my friend.

Apr 17, 2019, 11:15 AM

Trump/Fox inspired Muslim demonisation, nothing more. So sad that this kind of hate is now acceptable and mainstream. It's nothing more than prejudice. This would be a complete non-issue if she were not Muslim.

You choose to ignore Trunp's character but attack Omar's character. Interesting.

In my view, in the overall scheme of things the marketplace of idea is large enough to accommodate Steve King and Omar.

Apr 17, 2019, 12:40 PM

As someone else pointed out in another thread, Trump gave an interview on THE ACTAUL DAY of 9/11, a few hours after the second tower fell, talking about how his building was now the tallest. One, he lied, it wasn’t the next tallest. Two, what the hell? That is what he is thinking about and wants to point out? That his building is now bigger than everyone else’s?

You seem to defend him often. Why? How is he better? What is it about him that makes him immune on subjects or actions that you condemn others for?

I honestly don’t get it.

I've never defended his lies unless I believe he was...

Apr 17, 2019, 1:50 PM

being truthful when he spoke. I've never defended his trolling on twitter but some of the stuff he tweets is true. Don't change the subject on me again. Thinking that Trump is an aszhole doesn't justify Omar being insensitive to those who lost friends, brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers on 7/11.

It was quite a bit worse than some people did something. To lessen that or refuse to admit it was someone of her religious persuasion is wrong. Justifying or deflecting what she said by impeaching the manners of another is offensive to me.

Re: I've never defended his lies unless I believe he was...

Apr 17, 2019, 4:07 PM

Fair enough, but it seems odd from the outside that this bothers you but you actively defend and support someone who did pretty much the exact same thing.

As a side question, why should she admit they are of her religion? If a Christian does something horrible, I would argue they weren't Christian to begin with. Do you consider West Barrow Baptist Christian? I don’t and wouldn’t claim them. Same goes for her religion.

Consider where he's coming from on this...

Apr 17, 2019, 4:29 PM

"Omar is a radical Islamist who would turn this nation into a Muslim Caliphate in a skinny minute given the chance."

I can explain westborough baptist.

Apr 18, 2019, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I've never defended his lies unless I believe he was... ]

I have explained WB in the past and made it clear that they are following a spiritual leader not named Jesus. That's exactly what happens when you follow man. Well put by another 'Blind leading the blind.' I would say that none of us are like Christ. I would say the radicals muslims are just like their namesake. I would not condemn all of Islam as being like the radicals for it is narrow and ignorant to do so.

That's exactly what Ahmed is doing with her description of radicals in her religion, she is exposing the truth. She also correctly classifies Omar as being sympathetic to Muslim radicals. Let's explore both my and Ahmed's situation.

We follow what we believe to be the truth. She, Islam and me the New Testament and Christ. Who is better qualified to differentiate between the accurate fundamental truths of our two religions? What would make anyone think that either party of radicals represent the whole of a particular religion?

Those defending Omar are just as bad as those who defend Westborough because the evidence shows that she wanted leniency for Muslim Americans who supported and joined with radical factions of their religion, al quaeda I don't recall anyone defending Westborough. In fact, republicans brutally condemned their actions.

She's a liar, I refuse to believe that she didn't know that Cair was founded in '94 and is not the results of some persecution after 9/11. Radicals will say whatever they think suits their perverted religious ideology. She'd turn this country into a caliphate given half a chance. Think Westborough running our government for a good frame of reference.

Re: I can explain westborough baptist.

Apr 18, 2019, 12:13 PM

Here again is where you lose me. The ENTIRE article is based on the assumption that the writer’s interpretation for what Omar said is accurate. There are no facts to back up her opinion other than “because I say so.”

For the sake of argument let’s assume you and the article are correct. Why are you not using the same standard for everyone? Why can our president minimalize a national tragedy the day it happened and brag about his building size, live, on AIR, hours after it happened and you will gladly go vote for him but she is a terrorist POS because she generalized in a comment two decades later?

Also, you think she is going to try and turn the entire country into a caliphate? One house member, from Minnesota, is going to somehow convince the entire country to overthrow the government? She is going to convince the house and senate to change our constitution? Then also convince the 2/3 of states needed? Really? And all that will somehow make it past the Supreme Court? Good Lord.

She is a peon who is likely to not be elected again. Meanwhile we have the PRESIDENT of the United States treating the country like a cheap ##### and you are OK with that?

Omar and AOC and others like them are going to sink the Dems

Apr 17, 2019, 4:14 PM

in 2020

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 731
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic