Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When does DRad become accountable for Brad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

When does DRad become accountable for Brad

Mar 14, 2019, 10:33 PM

Still having a job at Clemson if it takes five or more years to get back to another NCAAT?
Does the BOT ever step in and tell DRad his job in in jeorpardy if Brad still struggles after so long, or does DRad get a free pass because football is great and the other programs are getting better?

How much longer do you think DRad will be here or does he have aspirations to be the ACC Commissioner when Swoffie retires? I kind of hope he does to get the basketball program better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

October 29, 2012.***

Mar 14, 2019, 11:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I think that there is an understanding ...

Mar 14, 2019, 11:26 PM

Since Clemson is so awesome in Football and Baseball ... we have a secret agreement with the rest of the ACC that we will keep our Basketball Program mediocre ... a spread of the wealth kind of thing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think that there is an understanding ...

Mar 15, 2019, 8:14 AM

We aren’t not awesome in baseball anymore.

Re: I think that there is an understanding ...

Mar 15, 2019, 9:42 AM

"Aren't not"? Since that's a double negative does that mean we ARE awesome in baseball?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: When does DRad become accountable for Brad

Mar 14, 2019, 11:29 PM

As long as Dabo stays at Clemson, DRad will have job security......Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Better basketball will make football that much better.

Mar 14, 2019, 11:43 PM

It can work that way for basketball too. Or at least at should, given the right symmetry. With the ACC Network Channel coming on line this fall, the worm is turning.

Would love to see these Seniors snag a bid.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Better basketball will make football that much better.

Mar 14, 2019, 11:51 PM

I'm fine if they do. I just dont think they've done enough to get one. Yesterday was a demonstration of this season. Inconsistent offense, cant hold a lead, and really they dont have any wins over good team other than VT. All the deficiencies are amplified by the fact most of this team's minutes are very experienced players. These results with a team of freshmen would be a little more explainable

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 12:40 AM [ in reply to Re: When does DRad become accountable for Brad ]

What if Dabo runs him off ? ??

Did you even think about that ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 6:24 AM

If's he is the "real" head of the Athletic Department He is accountable now.
Oh, and there should be no free pass just because football is better, or the other programs are getting better.
Clemson should strive to be the "best" it can be in all sports, and while football is great, and the baseball program is getting better, the woman's basketball team clearly showed, IMO,
which of the two hoops sports was better this year.
It's time for Brad to change his approach to coaching the men's team or it might be time for DRad
to change coaches.
Either way, as with Harry Truman, the"buck" stops at DRad's desk.

Agreed.

Mar 15, 2019, 6:32 AM

The athletic department is a hot mess right now. Football just won a second NC in 3 years, baseball just swept the #3 team in the country, the women’s basketball coach was just named the ACC coach of the year, and less than a year ago our basketball team was in the seeet sixteen. I don’t know how Drad sleeps at night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Agreed.

Mar 15, 2019, 6:41 AM

We need to step it up.

Re: Agreed.

Mar 15, 2019, 6:50 AM [ in reply to Agreed. ]

Last year's Sweet Sixteen appearance was LAST year. It lead to big expectations for this season considering we started 4 seniors. Mitchell greatly regressed for some reason. Reed and Thomas (outside of the constant foul trouble) carried the team. Sims and Skara can't be counted to score on a regular basis. Trapp is wildly inconsistent and the rest of the bench so far do not appear to be ACC caliber basketball players.

Unless something drastic happens to the roster for next year we will likely be at or near the bottom of the ACC. Brad is a great representative of Clemson but he has fallen short of success too often in his lengthy tenure. Time for someone new with a little bit of energy who can recruit players that can make baskets.

DRad won't pull the trigger until we bomb next year when he has no other choice.

Should Drad be on the hot seat?***

Mar 15, 2019, 6:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Should Drad be on the hot seat?***

Mar 15, 2019, 8:05 AM

Yes. All members of the Athletic Dept that have any position or clout need to be on the"hot" seat, with the exception of Dabo who gets a free rein until he loses 5 in a row to the coots or heck freezes over.

This is only continuing to beat a dead horse

Mar 15, 2019, 8:12 AM

until after next season. DRad would be stupid to pay CBB’s buyout, only to have a new coach bring similar results next year. Give the process time and it will all work out.

Unless something unforeseen happens, I personally don’t see him here longer than one more season. There is also the distant possibility that he gets hired away by another program. Don’t think for a minute that he likewise doesn’t have his feelers out. I really had hoped things would work out for CBB, but the reality is that inconsistency has been his downfall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 9:35 AM

I'm not a very old guy.

Could you please tell me when the overall state of Clemson athletics has been better?

Fundraising must be going well based on facilities improvements around campus, the priority sport is elite, secondary sports are competitive at either the conference or national level, and remaining programs are not getting negative attention for the school.

What exactly would make you get rid of an AD overseeing this time in Clemson athletics over 1 sport?

Also, it's impossible to site Brownell's tenure being on DRad without also citing Amanda Butler's hiring being on DRad.

DRad didn't handle the Legette situation the way that everyone thought he should. He took his time and made sure that he had another coach ready to take the job that would be a great fit for Clemson. Maybe he is doing the same in basketball.

Firing a coach is only good if you have a better coach ready to take the job.

Mar 15, 2019, 9:43 AM

I’m so tired of this narrative.

People need to stop acting like coaches are lining up to come coach at our program.

Yes Brownell probably needs to go and would have been gone at other schools but we aren’t Duke in basketball and they aren’t us in football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic