Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why was Kavanaugh so against an FBI investigation in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 461

Why was Kavanaugh so against an FBI investigation in

Sep 28, 2018, 8:16 AM

his testimony yesterday?

Why is the Republican Party as a whole so against any investigation(other than of Hillary)?

Why the rush to confirm?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why was Kavanaugh so against an FBI investigation in

Sep 28, 2018, 8:25 AM

IDK, why was he not answering questions and dodging so much, it made him look guilty. And then of course there was the whining.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe because he'd been through it 6 times or perhaps

Sep 28, 2018, 8:29 AM

it wasn't his call.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

"I would love an FBI investigation to clear my name."

Sep 28, 2018, 8:33 AM

"I know I am innocent. I welcome any effort to discern the facts in this case as I am certain they will only serve to prove my innocence."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn’t watch. Maybe because he knows it’s an obvious

Sep 28, 2018, 8:59 AM

political maneuver to stall the vote for the sole purpose on not allowing him to be on the SC? Maybe it’s because the FBI said they would not investigate and it’s not in their scope to do so, and he has more respect for the FBI than the Dems who want to tie up their resources for a political win?

Like the said, I didn’t watch. Totally spit-ballin’ here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

None of those things are true.

Sep 28, 2018, 9:05 AM

And we all know about Republicans and their lack of respect for the FBI and the Justice Department.

To say it’s not a stall tactic is obviously an opinion. I think

Sep 28, 2018, 9:10 AM

it is impressive that anyone can say otherwise with a straight face. I can’t see your face but your post makes it sound like you really believe that, so...kudos.

The FBI DIDN’T say they would not investigate it? I apologize. I could have sworn that was their response when her lawyer demanded (ha ha, that guy’s a trip) that they do.

null

Re: To say it’s not a stall tactic is obviously an opinion. I think

Sep 28, 2018, 9:20 AM

stall tactic for sure, and a lot of the questions sounded like they wanted to trip him up and catch him a lie down the road. But after merrick garland, I just do not see how republicans really have a leg to stand on here.

and it also seems that there are plenty of candidates out there that would get bi partisan support, maybe nominate one with a cleaner background and not such crazy views on executive power. And of course, find one that does not whine so much. it is hard to repsect a man's opinion when he gets on tV and cries because he thinks he is being treated unfairly. We already have this in the white house, let's work together to keep people like this out of our highest courts.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whines because he thinks he's being treated unfairly?

Sep 28, 2018, 10:12 AM

He was accused of sexual assault for Christ sake. You people acting like this is comparable to what Merrick Garland went through are either hyper partisan, or extremely low IQ. Probably both.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes it is a stall tactic, but it won't keep him off the

Sep 28, 2018, 9:25 AM [ in reply to To say it’s not a stall tactic is obviously an opinion. I think ]

Supreme Court if Republicans all vote to confirm him. So, that is why I consider that a false statement.

I thought the point of the stall tactic was to hold off until after the election,

Sep 28, 2018, 9:35 AM

hope for a Dem majority and then vote him down?

Plus, you asked why he might object and I said maybe because it’s an obvious stall tactic. So...we agree?

null

If you already know the answers, why did you ask the

Sep 28, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to None of those things are true. ]

question?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t forget that an investigation

Sep 28, 2018, 9:06 AM [ in reply to I didn’t watch. Maybe because he knows it’s an obvious ]

Would only provide a report and no conclusion.

So we’d be back in the same hearing setting again rehashing everything except this time with a document that says we showed up at a bunch of houses and nobody remembers a specific party at non disclosed house on a non disclosed date

That is not an effective argument against gathering the

Sep 28, 2018, 9:30 AM

facts and the evidence as thoroughly as possible. The facts and evidence would then be used by each Senator before they cast their votes.

Again, there is no valid argument against gathering the facts and the evidence for consideration.

Actually...

Sep 28, 2018, 11:33 AM [ in reply to "I would love an FBI investigation to clear my name." ]

"The committee now has conducted a thorough investigation, and I’ve cooperated fully. I know that any kind of investigation — Senate, FBI, Montgomery County Police — whatever, will clear me."

~ Brett Kavanaugh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but, but, but....he wouldn't turn to Don McGahn....

Sep 28, 2018, 2:56 PM

and tell him to tell Trump to open an investigation.

Where did he say he was against an FBI investigation?....

Sep 28, 2018, 9:09 AM

I didn't hear that.

I heard him repeatedly say that he would cooperate with whatever the committee asked of him and that he wanted to speak to the charges when they were initially leaked.

I also heard him point out that the FBI's role in such a case is to take witness statements, which the committee already had.

A better question is why did the ranking member sit on an accusation from July until right before the vote was about to occur. AND...AND...if it hadn't have been leaked, would it have ever been investigated at all? AND...AND...why didn't the ranking member ask the Judge about it during their private meetings?

Yep. Pure political gamesmanship. If Dr. Ford is sincere about her

Sep 28, 2018, 9:14 AM

belief that Kavanaugh assaulted her AND that she wished to remain anonymous, Feinstein simply used her for political expedience. She leaked it when it was politically convenient. I don’t know if Feinstein even believes the accusation, but publicly she thinks it’s valid, and yet she chose to exploit this woman.

null

he didnt say that. more lies***

Sep 28, 2018, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Where did he say he was against an FBI investigation?.... ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

When asked if he would support an FBI investigation,

Sep 28, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Where did he say he was against an FBI investigation?.... ]

he refused to do so.

Do you get the impression that Republicans and Kavanaugh want an FBI investigation into the allegations and a thorough FBI interview with Dr. Ford, Mr. Kavanaugh and Mark Judge et al?

That was a sound-bite question...

Sep 28, 2018, 9:40 AM

he clearly said he would cooperate with however the committee wanted to proceed. As Grassley pointed out, it's not up the witness to say how the hearing should run or to the WH, for that matter.

Durban was trying to set-up the Judge for a media sound-bite and he, smartly, didn't do it.

Chuckston making things up, as usual***

Sep 28, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Where did he say he was against an FBI investigation?.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's typical, and not hard to see***

Sep 28, 2018, 11:36 AM

Sep 28, 2018, 9:26 AM

"I welcome whatever the committee wants to do, because I'm telling the truth"

- Judge Kavanaugh

What more is needed? If there's evidence of a crime that the FBI failed to detect in 6 prior investigations, then bring it forward. If yesterday was that moment, it failed, badly. Mitchell asked just enough of the right questions to demonstrate that Fords story would never stand up to legal scrutiny in a courtroom. That's why the confirmation process is moving forward now.

i dont think he said that. He just knows the dems are

Sep 28, 2018, 9:49 AM

trying to delay delay delay. We all know that. Except crazy libs hiding their head in the sand

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i dont think he said that. He just knows the dems are

Sep 28, 2018, 9:59 AM

Correct. Should be obvious at this point. If the democrats wanted an investigation, why didn't they just take it to Montgomery County? That's where the allleged incident took place.

Sep 28, 2018, 10:12 AM

The Senate just conducted an investigation. There are sworn affadavits from Ford's witnesses that do not corroborate her story.
If you want an investigation so badly, get Dr Ford to file a formal complaint with the local police where the alleged crime took place. If Dems are really serious, I can't believe this hasn't been done yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love you so...

Sep 28, 2018, 11:06 AM

I'm going to explain this one more time.

Each and everyone who was named by Ford was investigated by the republicans on the committee. The statements of everyone she named as witnesses made statements to Congress through those committee men. If there is proof that any of those statements which came from the witnesses had been falsified they would/could have been charged with...Here, from their website to your eyes.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/24/politics/penalty-for-lying-to-congress/index.html

What would the FBI have done other than start with Ford's witnesses and find out that she had no evidence for the alleged event? All the witnesses Ford named said they had no knowledge of the event including one she named as her best friend saying she didn't know Kavanaugh, never knew Kavanaugh and wasn't ever at a party with Kavanaugh.

If her Ford's best friend stated to congress that Ford was lying along with all of Ford's other witnesses and there was no place, time or date of the event what do you think a reasonable person would conclude?

Anyone who ignores these facts is sweeping aside all reason and using their emotions to guide their thinking. You can have your own opinion but not your own facts.

Am I being impatient or unkind?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 12:39 PM

you are an idiot.........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 28, 2018, 3:24 PM

Kavanaugh openly stated that he welcomes any and all investigations into his background by whatever agency the committee deems appropriate to investigate.

Replies: 29
| visibility 461
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic