Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's Hyatt & Falci doing in this blocking scheme (video)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

What's Hyatt & Falci doing in this blocking scheme (video)

Oct 3, 2018, 8:43 PM

Your QB gets sacked and two of your OL are just standing there?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They job

Oct 3, 2018, 8:46 PM

Unlike 9 and 80.

9 & 80

Oct 3, 2018, 9:05 PM

are a RB and TE. But, you are correct. They are playing their assignments. That was just a good rush.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9 has to chip here. This is why he comes out of games.***

Oct 3, 2018, 10:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Email this to Dabo NOW!***

Oct 3, 2018, 8:46 PM

Sacked by the guy 80 and 9 whiffed on.***

Oct 3, 2018, 8:52 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's Hyatt & Falci doing in this blocking scheme (video)

Oct 3, 2018, 8:56 PM

In fairness to Milan Richard, Brice should have cut back inside as the other linebacker might have had him but he could have gained some yardage back.

Agreed! QB didn't take the open lane. Spot on.***

Oct 3, 2018, 9:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 3, 2018, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: What's Hyatt & Falci doing in this blocking scheme (video) ]

Exactly what I think. And if Hyatt spots that guy running free he could have possibly got a hand on him, but I agree there's a pocket there on the quick roll out for him to step through

Oct 3, 2018, 8:57 PM

Clearly this was 80 fault. Then 9 tried to help 80 and couldn’t in time. 75 and 50 had nobody to block. Hyatt couldn’t release up field to block linebacker flying across because it would’ve been illegal man down field. His job wasn’t to chip the man to his left either. It was a slide protection just like Trevor to Renfrow at GTech. 80 just couldn’t get in front of his man

Oct 3, 2018, 9:01 PM

Milan Richard is the softest 260lber I’ve seen since Leggett. So there’s that.

Oct 3, 2018, 9:02 PM

hyatt had the wrong play, missed assignment

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They may have been doing exactly what they're suppose to do

Oct 3, 2018, 9:07 PM

for that protection, but it just looks bad to have your All-American LT just standing there while you leave your TE to block Cuse's best defensive lineman and your QB gets sacked.

Re: They may have been doing exactly what they're suppose to do

Oct 3, 2018, 9:09 PM

The exact same play worked great at GTech. It’s all good

Would’ve been fine if the RB did his job***

Oct 3, 2018, 10:17 PM [ in reply to They may have been doing exactly what they're suppose to do ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2018, 9:24 PM

I remember this...

Simple slide protection that was called by Chase at LOS...Hes supposed to step up in that pocket that formed for him but he slid to far up towards the defender that was being horribly blocked by Milan and ET..He was anticipating the safety rush who dropped into coverage...Renfrow did his job and got
To the marker and sat...there was a nice window there for him to complete the pass had he not rolled out of the pocket so far...

It’s really just a natural tendency to avoid a rusher.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Pretty sure Mitch misread his key

Oct 3, 2018, 9:29 PM

When a safety or LB came up to blitz pre snap, Mitch would take him on. When the blitzer dropped out, Mitch should have picked up the DE or OLB who got the sack. Still don’t think Chase should have rolled out there though.

Re: Pretty sure Mitch misread his key

Oct 3, 2018, 9:39 PM

Smh no. It’s not Hyatt’s fault at all. He’s not supposed to block a defensive end to his left when hes slide protecting the other way..... it’s the whole reason Richard was on that side to block that man and he did not

Yea I think I had the wrong play

Oct 3, 2018, 9:58 PM

Saw something in the game replay, but this wasn’t the same play. Milan should have had him. And he was the only defender there on Chase.

Oct 3, 2018, 9:53 PM

Even more troubling is that it looks like everyone in the stadium is wearing red

Oct 3, 2018, 10:00 PM

That was just a terrible design and play call all around. The oline was designed to seal off like they were doing, but it didn't fit the defense cuse had on that play. They out manned us on the outside instead of the middle, so it should've just been an audible. The play was dead before it happened. Tho I would say, if I'm an olineman blocking nobody on a designed play, I would find somebody to hit.

Oct 3, 2018, 10:20 PM

When the rushing end gets wide on Milan, the quarterback has to slide inside where he had time to make a throw or take off. TL would have found an open receiver and K.B. would have taken off running. Chase will learn

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2018, 10:22 PM

terrible play all around. I noticed it live Saturday. Your two weakest blockers on a DL. Gee why wouldnt that work?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hyatt telegraphed (maybe texted) the protection.

Oct 3, 2018, 10:35 PM

The DE knew he was going to have Richard 1 on 1. How? Because Hyatt never even looked at him prior to the snap. His eyes were inside the whole time. I made this point when I watched the game live. I was furious. Any protection with a play going to the left that doesn't involve your supposedly all-world left tackle is crap. Give me a LT on a DE while running an option or sweep to the left, even if the DE knows its coming, over a TE and the surprise if the DE has to diagnose. The odds for a gain are far greater with the LT, especially if they are as great as Hyatt is supposed to be.

Just think if Hyatt could have just bumped that End on his inside should and richard caught him outside, Etn can chip a LB or Safety crashing.

As far as the running game is concerned I think we've done a pretty good job in the OL. Pass blocking has been atrocious at times. There were several times when Cuse was able to get monster penetration with just 3. If memory serves me correctly there may have been a play where they got pressure with just 2.

Oct 3, 2018, 10:52 PM

If Chase steps up through that pocket instead of trying to roll out around those blocks, he would have had a pocket. At least enough time to step up and make a throw.

Oct 3, 2018, 11:29 PM

This is their rollout protection...he is supposed to rollout (see Watson to Renfrow to win the Natty).
This protection works if #80 gets off the ball, he stays in his stance too long. Everyone is moving and he isn't. And he needs to reach and hook the DE with a better step. DE comes upfield and then outside. Also, #9 has to come help to ensure that hook block and he doesn't.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic