Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the ACC is so bad as this site contends then why
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

If the ACC is so bad as this site contends then why

Sep 19, 2019, 4:50 PM

did the SEC have games like this:

Ga State 38 Tennessee 30
North Carolina 24 UofSC 20
Wyoming 37 Missouri 31
Memphis 15 Mississippi 10

and Arkansas 20 Portland St. 13

Maybe the SEC needs to schedule some tougher OCC opponents
It's not the ACC who had these embarrassing loses

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the ACC is so bad as this site contends then why

Sep 19, 2019, 4:54 PM

It doesn't change the fact that the ACC is actually terrible, or is it that the teams in the ACC beat each other up and get really tired!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2019, 4:54 PM

dude, that's only like half of the SEC. you totally forgot about Alabama. Just look at the incredible schedule they have played before they meet up against these powerhouses you speak of.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We could do the same for the ACC

Sep 19, 2019, 4:56 PM

and it's probably more embarrassing:

Kansas 48 - Boston College 24
West Virginia 44 - NC State 27 (keep in mind West Virginia lost to Missouri 38-7 the week before)
Boise State 36 - FSU 31
Maryland 63 - Syracuse 20
Citadel 27 - Georgia Tech 24

Virginia Tech 24 - Furman 17

plenty of shame to go around...***

Sep 19, 2019, 7:39 PM

Whatever the SEC is doing doesn't change the fact that the

Sep 19, 2019, 4:57 PM

ACC is bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whatever the SEC is doing doesn't change the fact that the

Sep 19, 2019, 5:03 PM

There is no denying that the ACC has one good team, Clemson. The SEC has at least 5. No doubt the SEC west is the best division in college football. This doesn't mean anything other than Clemson cannot slip up; take care of business and we are in!

Re: Whatever the SEC is doing doesn't change the fact that the

Sep 19, 2019, 11:00 PM

I deny it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson 44, Alabama 16***

Sep 19, 2019, 5:05 PM

Re: Clemson 44, Alabama 16***

Sep 19, 2019, 7:23 PM

Which 5 teams in the SEC are really good?

Re: Clemson 44, Alabama 16***

Sep 19, 2019, 7:33 PM

Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, and A&M. Florida is overrated as a top 10 team, but they’re probably still as good, if not better than any ACC team not named Clemson.

Clemson 44, Alabama 16

Sep 19, 2019, 7:47 PM

IN the end what all this means to me is: not much!
I would like for ACC schools to be good so "politics" don't keep the Tigers out of the national title conversation only and strictly!
Beyond that - I can care less.
Let FSU keep Taggert forever! Or what ever coach is at any other ACC school that struggles. As long as it doesn't have a bearing on if the Tigers make it to the big set of games: "it don't matter"!

Politics is the only reason it matters! I feel like 44-16 should disprove any notion of the best team not being able to come from a conference that doesn't have a bunch of top ranked teams!

That and the fact the ACC was: 7-5 in bowl games this past bowl season. 9 - 3 and the winner of the bowl challenge cup in 2016. Tells me we have some inconsistent teams - but not near as bad as people make it out to be. Inconsistent I give you. But, given the number of players the league puts in the NFL you can't say the players aren't in this conference.
Nancy St. alone has: Jacoby Brissett, Russell Wilson, Phillip Rivers, Mike Glennon and Ryan Finley in the league playing QB.

Prior to Coach Swinney we had a bad rep for dropping games we shouldn't too! But, we were then are certainly are now, better than that! Just like I believe the rest of the ACC is. Putting it all together in Out of conference games is where the word on the street will have to be changed. Until then I get all the negative talk - I just don't think people are looking at everything! Like the SEC so called the best going 6-5 and 6-7 in the same years above in bowl games! Can't have it both ways.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson 44, Alabama 16

Sep 19, 2019, 7:57 PM

That bowl record isn’t much to write home about though when you look deeper. The record was actually 6-5, and 2 of those wins were by Clemson. Of the other 4 wins, one was over Memphis, and another over Temple.

Re: Clemson 44, Alabama 16

Sep 19, 2019, 8:15 PM

SEC fans would take it and run with it. As would every other conference. If you are going to use numbers. Use numbers no matter how skewed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see 3***

Sep 20, 2019, 12:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson 44, Alabama 16*** ]

Sep 19, 2019, 7:31 PM

The SEC does have wins over Texas, Oregon, and Miami this season thus far. What is the best OOC win by an ACC team not named Clemson this season?

Sep 19, 2019, 9:57 PM

Miami is a mid pack coastal team. That win was nothing to write home about. In fact I would say Florida hurt the perception of their team in that game.

Oregon’s players looked like midgets next to Auburn. They would lose games in the ACC and Texas has been overrated for years.

UGA can get the biggest win of the season against Notre Dame this weekend.

Sep 19, 2019, 10:53 PM

Miami is a brand program with a high profile but unproven HC. He hasn't proven that he can instill the discipline that it takes to turn talent into success.
Sportswriters are lazy. And they enjoy hobknobbing with Hurricane alumni (though i bet many former players never graduated). That's the only reasons i can think of why anyone could expect more from Miami than UVa this year.

Sep 19, 2019, 7:36 PM

How does the bottom half of the SEC losing some games equal to the ACC not sucking outside of Clemson? I haven’t seen anyone claim

Sep 19, 2019, 7:39 PM

I accidentally hit submit above...

I haven’t seen anyone claim that the SEC didn’t also have bad teams. People aren’t hating on the ACC for having bad losses. They’re hating on the ACC for not having any good teams with quality wins outside of Clemson.

Sep 19, 2019, 7:43 PM

Wasn't it just two years ago we were boasting we had the strongest division in all of college football? I didn't hear those SEC SOBs tooting their horn then.

The ACC will have consistent top 25 teams with North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia tech, Florida state within 2-3 years. And BC puts more offensive linemen in the NFL than any school. They'll be back soon as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2019, 9:59 PM

The ACC had one of the best seasons in history for a conference in 2016. You never heard it mentioned though.

Sep 19, 2019, 11:52 PM

We have discussed this extensively and with some heat for several months, enough that we have come to some consensus:

After unparalleled success in 2016, several of the ACC's top programs are down and need re-tooling before returning to prominence. Several SEC programs have a head start and have an unmistakable advantage in resources, both in money and in numbers of talented athletes.
Last year the SEC had the most successful nonconference regular season in history (i think it was 52-4) but let's not kid ourselves: they schedule like p*ssies. Then they lost 7 games in the postseason when they didn't have a scheduling advantage, and several teams looked apathetic and unprepared doing it. That's disrespectful to the game. So many of us are tired of the propaganda.

Even considering how impressive Bama, Auburn and LSU have looked in their early season Power 5 games, those are their only Power 5 noncon games. They are done. Their only challenging games remaining are against each other.

Only 3 East teams play more than 1 Power 5 game against noncon opponents this year: FL, GA and SC. Bama has only played 12 noncon Power 5 teams in the 11 years Saban has been there. Since they don't play noncon road games, they deliberately stack their schedules to avoid risk. This is not unfair, because anyone can do it; but the voters should be intelligent enough to recognize the gamesmanship the SEC is perpetrating.

And any computer-based ranking system that doesn't take into account that 60-point win you ran up was at home against kids that just travelled 2000 miles isn't worth a cr*p, either.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic